Mclaren F2 . . .

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by imnotmaranelloboy, Aug 9, 2002.

1. #1 imnotmaranelloboy, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Mclaren F2 . . .

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Meradur</i>
    <b>sorry, Hot Rod Mag.

Review By:

innotech
    ----------------------- trang is being a complete moron! this car is the le1 groundfighter by wally larson. he made this to resemble a fighter plane on the road. it has a oldsmobile v8 engine, and the thing develops over 1500 bhp. the car will do 400 mph, but it is not really streetlegal at full tune. you have to limit the power to at least half the full output. anyway, trangs an idiot, and the mclaren f2 is just a rumor now. it may be in development, but nothing is known at the current time. as for this car, go to http://innotech.nfsracer.com/le1.shtml for more
    Review Date

1/22/2001
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your report sounds like a load of BS. And as for the link? It's not working. Yeah, that's right, and olds V8 with 1500 hp and sending the car to an eventual top speed of 400.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Mclaren F2 . . .

than neither is an F50 GT.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Mclaren F2 . . .

so? this is the sledghammer forum. i guess its agreed this car isn't production then. and thus shouldn't be on the list with the rest of these "production" cars.

4. Re: Mclaren F2 . . .

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from maranelloboy</i>
    <b>Your report sounds like a load of BS. And as for the link? It's not working. Yeah, that's right, and olds V8 with 1500 hp and sending the car to an eventual top speed of 400.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Sorry, the link hasn't worked for a while. Innotech I believe resides on these forums, so let me try and conjure him up...<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Mclaren F2 . . .

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Osiris777</i>
    <b>I just checked, on of the members who posted in this forum says it is bullshit. Oh well, i can look around i guess. That site might have been fake, i dunno. I'm gonna take neutral on this one. Seriously though, if McLaren made a V-16, imagine what might be possible.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    McLaren doesn't make engines.<!-- Signature -->

6. #6 Priviledge of Speed, Aug 9, 2002
  7. Re: Mclaren F2 . . .

Not a real car.....<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Mclaren F2 . . .

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Meradur</i>
    <b>Not a real car.....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->uhhhhhh . . . there's a picture of the concept outside somewhere. Its a real car, it just won't go into production

9. Re: Mclaren F2 . . .

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Priviledge of the Speed 7</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Meradur</i>
    <b>Not a real car.....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->uhhhhhh . . . there's a picture of the concept outside somewhere. Its a real car, it just won't go into production</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    its not a real car if you don't produce it. its a concept.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Mclaren F2 . . .

Well that means this vette isn't real either . . .
    Its real if its in reality - someone has made one!

11. Re: Mclaren F2 . . .

Actually, they haven't. That F2 that you think you are talking about is really a kit car with a 500 hp chevy engine. That site you posted is BS from early 2001, and if you check the reviews, many people have the site that tested this so-called F2 in Popular Mechanics.<!-- Signature -->

12. #12 EricDa Black, Aug 9, 2002

sorry, Hot Rod Mag.

Review By:

innotech
    ----------------------- trang is being a complete moron! this car is the le1 groundfighter by wally larson. he made this to resemble a fighter plane on the road. it has a oldsmobile v8 engine, and the thing develops over 1500 bhp. the car will do 400 mph, but it is not really streetlegal at full tune. you have to limit the power to at least half the full output. anyway, trangs an idiot, and the mclaren f2 is just a rumor now. it may be in development, but nothing is known at the current time. as for this car, go to http://innotech.nfsracer.com/le1.shtml for more
    Review Date

1/22/2001
    <!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Mclaren F2 . . .

<b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Priviledge of the Speed 7</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Meradur</i>
    <b>Not a real car.....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->uhhhhhh . . . there's a picture of the concept outside somewhere. Its a real car, it just won't go into production</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    its not a real car if you don't produce it. its a concept.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Exactly so this Sledgehammer isn't really a production car. Thank you for agreeing with me after all this time. <!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Mclaren F2 . . .

"As the Sledgehammer and the Veyron aren't produced , the fastest car of the world is the Dauer 962.
    It reaches 404kmh , 13 have been sold , 50 will be produced in total."

didn't u read the top speed? this does 409.9kph which is more than 404kph from the 962.....hmmmm someone fell asleep in math class

15. Re: Mclaren F2 . . .

Holy shit, i checked that website. I guess McLaren is the bomb. I'd like to see proof of it's running speed though. That might be calculated speed. If there's something in the record books i whole heartedly believe you but 276 mph! JESUS. I'll go with ya though, i believe it, I'd just like to get confirmation somewhere else.

MCLAREN FOREVER

16. Re: Mclaren F2 . . .

I just checked, on of the members who posted in this forum says it is bullshit. Oh well, i can look around i guess. That site might have been fake, i dunno. I'm gonna take neutral on this one. Seriously though, if McLaren made a V-16, imagine what might be possible.

17. Re: Mclaren F2 . . .

hmmm...why not tell us something we don't know?!?!?

18. #18 Import Killa, Aug 9, 2002

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from maranelloboy</i>
    <b>sorry, Hot Rod Mag.

Review By:

innotech
    Review Date

1/22/2001

Your report sounds like a load of BS. And as for the link? It's not working. Yeah, that's right, and olds V8 with 1500 hp and sending the car to an eventual top speed of 400.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Hey it's possible. There is no replacement for displacement. There are GM V8's that put out more power than that, even. Sorry to burst your bubble but America rules. And if the car put out 1500hp it can do well over 300mph.<!-- Signature -->

19. #19 imnotmaranelloboy, Aug 9, 2002

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Priviledge of the Speed 7</i>
    <b>Top Speed - 276 mph, 0-60mph in 2.2 secs, (1532 hp)worth $2,379,300

Don't beleive me?

http://www.conceptcarz.com/carChosen.asp?car_id=2980

Guess what your supposed McLaren F2 is. It's actually the LE1 Groundfighter built by Wally Larson. It has a top speed of 400 mph. It was featured in Hot Rod Mag. Do you really think that McLaren would make the successor to their incredible F1 that ugly and unconventional?<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: Mclaren F2 . . .

why the hell would mclaren build a car like that! that was obviously some test and not a real car. For now mclaren isn't going to build a new car since they got other things in their hands like Formula one and they are currently helping develop a new mercedes. Also if i new car does come out i doubt it would look anything like that LE1 groundfighter. Gordon murray would probably make it like the old F1 making it a road car with incredible power and top speed to break all the top speed records!

21. Re: Mclaren F2 . . .

maybe the members of this post can kiss my ass its a car it did it... u make fun of honda and everything else too and did u ever ride one? unless u have one and driven it, and tested it, then u can start talkin bout it!

im not one who likes em #$%#s of a honda but im just sayin they are an ok car company

22. Re: Mclaren F2 . . .

Than which cars on the list are REAL cars?<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: Mclaren F2 . . .

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from notic</i>
    <b>so? this is the sledghammer forum. i guess its agreed this car isn't production then. and thus shouldn't be on the list with the rest of these "production" cars.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Nobody said anything about only letting production cars on this list. And actually, this car can be considered a production car. Callaway got the green light for putting it in to production and said he would build one for whoever wanted one and payed. Under the production number at the top, it should say "1". One more thing that makes this car belong on the list is that it was driven that fast. How many of those other cars can say that? Just a guess, but I think it would be safe to say the half of the top 25 are just estimates, and 1/3 of all of them are as well.<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: Mclaren F2 . . .

As the Sledgehammer and the Veyron aren't produced , the fastest car of the world is the Dauer 962.
    It reaches 404kmh , 13 have been sold , 50 will be produced in total.

25. Re: Mclaren F2 . . .

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Al Carpone</i>
    <b>The Mclaren F2 is an LE1 groundfighter built by willy larsen, it develops 2000hp and will do 400mph. I don't know where the name f2 came from but when I searched for f2 in google I got information about the groundfighter.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Don't know where it all started, but I'm guessing that some kid thought there should be an F2, so he fabricated a story and put pictures of some other car on his website. After that, it just spread like a plague and is now corrupting our forums here. Have a nice day.<!-- Signature -->