McLaren vs this car

Discussion in '2002 Koenigsegg CC 8S' started by imnotmaranelloboy, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: McLaren vs this car

You're very right in that the two are very close, but this is slightly faster. Top speeds are about the same; Murray reported that the top speed of the F1 would be around 231, but they tested it up to 240 (slightly over that according to the test footage). I think the F1 will have an advantage in handling. Though this car looks beautiful, it appears to be a little on the bulky side. I wouldn't mind having either of them in my garage, but hey, who would? Have a nice day.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: McLaren vs this car

the malaren well bet this car anytime any place but the have a close speed to each other but i think this car is a very fat car as well

3. Re: McLaren vs this car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from maranelloboy</i>
    <b>i am a teddy bear and i drive a mclaren f1.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

4. Re: McLaren vs this car

your argument is pathetic yet has a point. you just confuse it often. i think you just hate ricers so much that you cant really make a point. get on with it!

now for the rebuttal...

the mclaren f1 is a superb car and has set the standard for the new supercar. therefore, everyone is trying to break its perofrmance records. you also state that the performance increase in the koenigsegg compared to the mclaren is minimal. what do you call a big improvement? 1 sec? 2 Sec? 3Sec? then we would have a car that goes from 0-60 faster than time itself: o wait. thats impossible.

could you rephrase that? I dont speak DUMBASS.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: McLaren vs this car

At the mo, the car's 0-60 in 3.2 equals the F1. Top speed lies somewhere between 245-250 mph, as CvK wants it to break 400kph/248mph. 1/4 mile, and the CC beats the F1 by around a second. Thing is, by this stage you need so much more power to go noticably faster, that these improvements over the F1's times are quite significant. BUT, kudos to the F1. The design is almost 10 years old now, and so far it's still the daddy; a fitting compliment to Gordon Murray. But eventually, all good things must come to an end, and this year it will. Whether it's this or the Bugatti that does it first doesn't really matter, but 2002 will be the year the McLaren was toppled.

6. Re: McLaren vs this car

I agre with you!.. and this car is actually very accesible at a third of the price of the mclaren :D

7. Re: McLaren vs this car

this vs mclaren wud be a nice race to watch