Mercedes Benz CLK 55 AMG Vs BMW M3

Discussion in '2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG' started by BMW M7, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Mercedes Benz CLK 55 AMG Vs BMW M3

They are not in the same class-the CLK is a V8 and costs $30000 more..it's rivals suits the jag XKR 370bhp s/c V8.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Mercedes Benz CLK 55 AMG Vs BMW M3

correct...the CLK wasn't meant to be compared with the M3. the C32 AMG, however, was. while its supercharged V6 is obviously not naturally aspirated like the M3 engine, the C32 Amg will outperform the M3 marginally. personally i would go with the M3 just b/c the performance differences are just too minimal between the two...and besides, the M3 is a sportier looking car. it appeals to a young person wanting a sports car more than a C32 would.

3. Re: Mercedes Benz CLK 55 AMG Vs BMW M3

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Sunny129</i>
    <b>correct...the CLK wasn't meant to be compared with the M3. the C32 AMG, however, was. while its supercharged V6 is obviously not naturally aspirated like the M3 engine, the C32 Amg will outperform the M3 marginally. personally i would go with the M3 just b/c the performance differences are just too minimal between the two...and besides, the M3 is a sportier looking car. it appeals to a young person wanting a sports car more than a C32 would.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Actually the M3 is way faster than the C32 AMG, not just in a straight line either, on the track. Its also less expensive. The M3 is way better.

Angus<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Mercedes Benz CLK 55 AMG Vs BMW M3

I have been a fan of BMW and the M3 since the original M3, so of course id rather have the BMW. Its superior to the Benz in every department.