Mercedes Benz CLK-DTM Vs BMW E46 M3 (GT)

Discussion in '2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG Coupe' started by jaime83, Aug 10, 2002.

1. AND THE BEST ONE IS...(INSERT YOUR ANSWER HERE)?

(I make it my business to make the CLK-DTM my own personal obsession)

2. Re: Mercedes Benz CLK-DTM Vs BMW E46 M3 (GT)

I don't know much about the DTM cars, but I think the CLK would be quite hared pressed to match the M3 GTR. That thing is a beast.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Mercedes Benz CLK-DTM Vs BMW E46 M3 (GT)

THE M3 WOULD MURDER THE CLK. THE ENGINE IN THE M3GTR PRODUCES OVER 600HP WITHOUT THE AIR RESTRICTORS LOCATED IN THE GRILL( THE CIRCLE THINGS U SEE IF U LOOK CLOSE. PLUS ALMS CHAMPIONS THERE FIRST YEAR OUT.

4. Re: Mercedes Benz CLK-DTM Vs BMW E46 M3 (GT)

i'd go with the dtm, especially because there will be no more m3 gtr this year. apparently bmw hasn't produced enough of the street versions of the gtr, and it can't compete.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Mercedes Benz CLK-DTM Vs BMW E46 M3 (GT)

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferox D</i>
    <b>I don't know much about the DTM cars, but I think the CLK would be quite hared pressed to match the M3 GTR. That thing is a beast.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> i agree that BMW is a powerboat<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Mercedes Benz CLK-DTM Vs BMW E46 M3 (GT)

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from xler8</i>
    <b>i'd go with the dtm, especially because there will be no more m3 gtr this year. apparently bmw hasn't produced enough of the street versions of the gtr, and it can't compete.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The governing body of the ALMS changed the GT class homologation rules so that the engine in the GT racer needed to be in 1000 street cars, or something like that. BMW had already complied with the old regluations, but the penalties they would carry for not fulfilling the new ones were impossible to surrmount.<!-- Signature -->