Mercedes CLK GTR VS. Hispano-Suiza

Discussion in '2002 Hispano-Suiza HS21-GTS Prototype' started by natedogg36, Aug 9, 2002.

1. The Hispano is killing the Mercedes!!! The Mercedes has only 12 more hp and it's a V12 where the Hispano in a V8. This Car kicks ass.

2. Re: Mercedes CLK GTR VS. Hispano-Suiza

Your right but you never know who would win cause they seem to be pretty equal besides the extra 12 hp this has.....I don't really know if this would beat the mercedes I'd have to see it for my self to beleive it.

Peace Out

3. Re: Mercedes CLK GTR VS. Hispano-Suiza

IT will rape the CLK apart, i mean look at the design and where those air doom is placed. just the same as McLaren F1.

4. Re: Mercedes CLK GTR VS. Hispano-Suiza

"IT will rape the CLK apart, i mean look at the design and where those air doom is placed. just the same as McLaren F1."

What an idoit... what does the position of air dam looking like F1 has anything to do w/ the competition? CLK-GTR has much more track winning experience to prove that it has no problem to beat HS21-GTS.

Put that issue aside, I still love the styling of this concept, beautifully done.

5. Re: Mercedes CLK GTR VS. Hispano-Suiza

i would have to say the CLK GTR because it has been proven reliable, whereas Hispano-Suiza HS21-GTS is still much untested.

6. Re: Mercedes CLK GTR VS. Hispano-Suiza

non of you dumb asses know what your talkin about. Both the M-B CLK GTR and the Mclaren F1 GTR and Porsche 911 GT1 could kill this car in a race. The amount of cylinders in a car dosent matter its horsepower that matters. Those long very fast top fuel dragsters have 7000 horsepower V8 engines. The more cylinders the smoother the engine will be thats why Ferrari, Mercedes, Mclaren, BMW and many more companies use it in Le mons and other endurence races. Anyway M-B has a history for making great cars, they made the first car infact Hispano-Suiza does not have as big of history and sucsesse.

7. Re: Mercedes CLK GTR VS. Hispano-Suiza

I think this car looks better. As for which one will win in a race, well.... I'm going to reserve an opinion until the two actually compete against each other. That being said, I hope if Hispano-Suiza does race something like this at Le Mans, they work on high speed aerodynamics thoughly. Mercedes had TWO of their CLK GTRs do back flips down the back stretch because they had great downforce in clean air, but when the air got too turbulent (they both were following right behind another car when they flipped) the downforce was lost and they went airborne.

8. Re: Mercedes CLK GTR VS. Hispano-Suiza

LOL..yep.
    The CLK GTRs got screwed by the Toyota GTR =P

I dunno..I think this car has a good chance. All they need is more power!! I mean..come on.
    With this displacement...600hp is pitiful!! The C5R has more power than this car!!

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Mercedes CLK GTR VS. Hispano-Suiza

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from m3rhkp</i>
    <b>IT will rape the CLK apart, i mean look at the design and where those air doom is placed. just the same as McLaren F1.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->you cant be too sure, infact i think that the MB CLK-GTR might even rape that hispano suiza... i mean that MB has a great history of making great cars that not only looks, sounds, good, its performance is bone shattering.... <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Mercedes CLK GTR VS. Hispano-Suiza

hehe..yeah..shattering when that car flipped off the track!! =P
    lol..joking =)

Yeah...MB has a pretty good car..but they only do so well because of their driver..Bern Schneider. That guy is the Schumacher of the GT series!

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Mercedes CLK GTR VS. Hispano-Suiza

The CLK-GTR has a V12 but has 612 hp... yeah only 12 hp more than this and this only has a V8 engine... so it's not good comparing this to the CLK-GTR... try comparing this to the CLK-LM which also has a V8 and also equal 600 hp or the Toyota GT1 which also uses a V8 with 600 but with much more torque<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Mercedes CLK GTR VS. Hispano-Suiza

no way the clk gtr would kill the hipano-suiza hs21- gts concept... the clk gtr has better aerodynamics, and the 12 extra hp, it allso got better downforce so it would kill it on the track!

13. Re: Mercedes CLK GTR VS. Hispano-Suiza

Ofcourse we'll have to see the stats, but i doubt this car will be able to keep up with the MB's 0-100 times or 1/4 mile, and even less so around the track.

14. Re: Mercedes CLK GTR VS. Hispano-Suiza

This is a beautiful car! I only hope HS can get their reliability up to par.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Mercedes CLK GTR VS. Hispano-Suiza

with out a doubt the clk-gtr will win<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Mercedes CLK GTR VS. Hispano-Suiza

hispano all the way<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: Mercedes CLK GTR VS. Hispano-Suiza

i would like to see it racing in LeMans...
    before my eyes this is one of the best looking racecars IMO<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Mercedes CLK GTR VS. Hispano-Suiza

HS 21 for me.

Opinion just based on its look , I don't know the weight of the car.
    I can't deal with perf.