Moment of truth - CarreraGT or Diablo GTR

Discussion in '2001 Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0 SE' started by JAPPORSCHE, Aug 10, 2002.

1. The moment of truth,

Lamborghini Diablo GTR

Porsche Carrera GT

which do you chose? And why?

On one hand there is the ledgendary Diablo and the other an unknown predator. Personally I would still get the Porsche. Reason being? Well everyone knows what the Diablo is Capable of. But everyone is yet to see the potential of Porsches years of experience and the ability of german engeneering. Not sure if performance wise it could improve much more on the excellent 996tt i.e on the track, but sure as hell - I would have fun trying.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Moment of truth - CarreraGT or Diablo GTR

<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Moment of truth - CarreraGT or Diablo GTR

Both nice cars i cant tell which one i really like better<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Moment of truth - CarreraGT or Diablo GTR

Oh, Lambo 4 sure baby, it has more in all edges, just more, in everything! Truly.

5. Re: Moment of truth - CarreraGT or Diablo GTR

Yep same here

6. Re: Moment of truth - CarreraGT or Diablo GTR

Think I would go for the Diablo. Its less common and rarly heard of. It would be a mega chick puller as well. No room for a matress though.
    Bugger.

7. Re: Moment of truth - CarreraGT or Diablo GTR

Ive only see na diablo in the moves....

ive never seen a Carerra GT
    EVER

Now how does this make a diablo more rare than the Carerra GT

8. Re: Moment of truth - CarreraGT or Diablo GTR

my personal opinion is the porsche... we all know what a lambo can do.. but we have no idea about the GT.. it might be a surprise to us all

9. Re: Moment of truth - CarreraGT or Diablo GTR

Oh man, that's like showing me the two hottest women in the world and asking me which one i wnated to screw. I cant choose just one! Either give me both or have me pick out of a hat, but dont tell me to choose! Thats impossible. Damn, you got me all worked up. Both, please! I'd trade my left testicle for both of these cars.

10. Re: Moment of truth - CarreraGT or Diablo GTR

CGT

11. Re: Moment of truth - CarreraGT or Diablo GTR

Easy. Porsche.

Why? German engineering.

Both of the cars are fast as hell but according to what i've heard from people who have driven a Diablo (including one owner) it's not so delightful to drive. Diablo is said to have little like a mind of it's own. You turn the wheel, but Diablo is still thinking about whether to turn or not, it's a struggle to get it into a turn at high speeds. I'd say it's the italian temperament, but there are italian cars that obey the drivers orders as they should, like Ferrari. The new Lambos are, i hear, better to drive. But wait... the new production models were finished under VW/Audi command. German engineering to the rescue!

Speaking of the Porsche Carrera GT, i've heard it's near perfection in everything. And it looks better too.

I have never really been into Lambos anyway. In my mind they have never had the same kind of magic around them as the Ferraris...

For me it would be an esasy choice, i'd definately take the Porsche Carrera GT, although it's not rear-engined like Porsches should be. Ok, it's the weight distribution and handling, i know...

12. Re: Moment of truth - CarreraGT or Diablo GTR

the diablo gtr
    looks better and its faster
    looks kinda like a f1 lm dont it

13. LAMBORGHINI!!!!!

14. Thats a tough one. The Carrera GT is down on horsepower, and I think top speed is the same. Porsche has better handling, but that Lambo is an icon. Way more people look at it than the Carrera GT. I'd go for the Diablo.

15. DIABLO GTR for sure, it looks much better & its more rare

16. To bad they're not street legal.