Mono>stereo

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by w00t, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Not completely if you still have all original vocal/instrumental tracks, but yeah, when you only have one mono track, it's gonna be tough indeed.

2. well yeah...if you have access to the original tracks...easy to compile as you'd like. I did a quadrophonic application once...was really freaking cool. Of course you couldn't play it on much of the equipment though.

3. #28 w00t, Jan 31, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    i record with audacity at the moment. works fine. and i would love to have that thing, but too expensive for me hehe.

and that other thing is pretty cool yeah, but aren't you better of with the new a&h xone 3d?

http://www.new-line.nl/webshop/view.asp?i=15673

4. Goldwave

open file, save again as stereo ...

5. Yes and no.

Live Classical and choral music can be done fairly easily provided you have a good accoustic location.

The seession setup including location of the 2-3 mics (total) that you will use is prettymuch the most important step. Two crossed cardoids on a stereo bar works fairly well. A lot of the major consideration is getting the verticle angle from the performers and the horizontal spread correct. The distance between the mics is also important as is their distance from the performers. I am not going to pretend like I am an expert in this at all. I have done a recording set up for a church like this once, but the final product was pretty decent, if not quite a professional quality.

A studio session as opposed to a live recoding becomes more difficult.

6. didn't work...thanks annway.

7. I did it that way

what didn't work?

Open the file and it's mono, then save as --> choose whatever you want, mp3, or wav, or ... with bitrate and stereo or mono ...

8. yeah i know, i did that. didn't work.

9. do you just want the sound to be in both ears?

10. YAH STUPID, EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW THIS!@#