Most powerful FF production car...

Discussion in '1967 Oldsmobile Toronado' started by ImportTrash, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Most powerful FF production car...

hell ya this car is #$%#in' sweet... I just wish it had the 455 Rocket instead of the 425 big block<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Most powerful FF production car...

it's huge, its strong, its beautiful

but its accel is a bit slow

nonetheless, this thing ROXORS!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Most powerful FF production car...

The 67 Toronado is the bomb and I am happy to own one it blows all de other cars away. The 68 had a 455 rocket with 400 horses pounding under the hood. This car begs for wide oopen throttle on the freeway. with several mods I had my 67 Toronado up to 143 miles per hour the cop told me so. This car flys and all those who think it sucks can kiss my ass.

4. And it's the Toronado, with 385 bhp (if you happen to miss the specifications).<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Most powerful FF production car...

chevy all the way but corv's down the drain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Most powerful FF production car...

You're right, I forgot about that. I read it in one of my muscle-car books, I believe.

7. Re: Most powerful FF production car...

Most powerful? Could be.

8. Re: Most powerful FF production car...

It is.

9. Re: Most powerful FF production car...

It is.

10. Re: Most powerful FF production car...

very beautiful and powerful...would love to feel the accelaration in such a big and brute car such as this...sweet

11. Re: Most powerful FF production car...

Has the most hp, but the fastest prod frontdriver th@ Motor Trend ever tested is the Nissan Altima, they got 5.95 in the 0-60 and a 14.46 time in the quarter

12. Re: Most powerful FF production car...

well that'll change when they test the Neon SRT-4

13. Re: Most powerful FF production car...

Which just ran a 14 flat.

14. Re: Most powerful FF production car...

this is not the most powerful production FF car, look at the 2003 caddie STS it's got a 4.6ltr 300HP V8, thats 300 net HP, and this car is gross HP, and 300 net HP is almost the same as 380 gross HP, they both come in at about the same net HP, and i'm sure there is more powerful FF cars then the 2003 caddie, and that is just the most powerful FF car of 2003, and the caddie is lighter, so we all know the caddie is faster

for HP it's about a tie
    but for speed, it's not

15. Re: Most powerful FF production car...

most powerful production FF car? is that something to boast about now is it? i thought the torque steer would be bad on an Alfa 147 GTA. this will be even worse. can someone explain to me how you get the back end out and powerslide like a professional in this? id love to see this on the track. id make sure to keep my distance though. watch out for that tree!!

16. Re: Most powerful FF production car...

I do believe you all that this is the most powerful FF production ever,but is it also the only V-8 FF ever?I can't think of any others,but can anyone,that is if there is another FF V-8?

17. Re: Most powerful FF production car...

there are other ff v-8s
    and with this system of ff the motors sits in the right way, and hes equal shafts, so no torque steer for these babies

18. Re: Most powerful FF production car...

there was also the cadillac eldorado who was also front wheel drive and who had a 500ci 400hp net engine.It was the most powerful personal just ahead the toronado.

regards

426hemistage8

19. Re: Most powerful FF production car...

as much as i love the lines, power, comfort, and size of the Cad Eldo and the Olds Toronado, the FF configuration leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Call me old-fashioned, but FR is the way to go for me.

20. the first 1966 and 1967 toro have a 425 c.i engine with 385 h.p and came standard that way..from 1968 toronado have a 455 c.i engine with 375 h.p standard (around 325 h.p net) and capable of around 8 secs 0-60..weighing 4700 lbs it is not too bad! and they made special toro 3 years with option code W34 which came with a 455 and 400 h.p also having 510 lbs of torque!..0-60 in around 7 seconds and capable of doing 135 m.p.h..caddy eldorado one year only had a 500 c.i and 400 h.p and wheighing 5100 lbs (frame and FWD components except engines were from....Oldsmobile!!)..and after 1970 h.p went down 'cause U.S regulations..the first american FWD were CORDS from the 30's..So the most powerfull FWD were and still from toro's and eldo's..but are not the fastest anymore...thanks

21. I know i now own 5 toronado ..one 1966 and four 1968