Mountainous Bike Gurus

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DownwardSpiral, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Hey dumbasses. I'm thinking about purchasing a Specialized Enduro Comp by the end of the year. What are your thoughts?

2. All mountain bikes are the best fun. Do it. I enjoy my Pitch Pro.

3. Buy a reasonable used bike.

4. Do you really need a full suspension?

5. Does anyone really need a mountain bike?

6. Everyone should just get a mountain unicycle. Or better yet, just parkour everywhere.

7. Bikes are for going home while drunk, not up mountains/terrain etc.

8. yes

9. i like your style

10. I believe that this is the european standard view on bikes

11. front shock travel is pretty long, so that's nice. both the front and rear shocks have selectable settings for terrain type, as opposed to just locked/unlocked. x7 and x9 component group with elixir 5 brakes is really good.

front chainrings on the crankset are kinda small, so this is definitely not a race bike. that was a given with the long travel front shock though. in the big/small gear combo you should still be able to get some good speed when you need it so you'll not feel lacking. i prefer having a triple ring crank on mtb honestly, but if the two rings on this bike are sized right for you then you can probably do without. it's just nice being able to drop to the granny ring for serious climbs, leave it in the middle most of the time and work with the cassette, and then use the big ring for more speed. just easier to flip the front instead of big jumps in the rear sometimes.

nice bike, im assuming its not cheap at all.

12. the seat tube is a bit short looking because of the bend in it. that means you're only going to be able to drop the seat so far (what you want to downhilling) without cutting it. unfortunately, that means you'll only be able to raise it back up so far once you've cut it (i like mine up a tad over the handlebars).