Muira won't be produced

Discussion in '2006 Lamborghini Miura Concept' started by Iron Heart, Jan 8, 2006.

1. #1 Iron Heart, Jan 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Lamborghini unveils sports car it vows not to make
    Sat Jan 7, 2006 3:36 AM GMT
    Printer Friendly | Email Article | RSS

By Kevin Krolicki

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Italian sports car maker Lamborghini this week invited potential buyers in Los Angeles to see two new models: the one starting at $190,000 with a long waiting list and the one no one can buy for love or money -- not even if they are on Hollywood's A list.

Lamborghini, which is owned by Volkswagen (VOWG.DE: Quote, Profile, Research) and managed through the company's premium auto brand, Audi (NSUG.DE: Quote, Profile, Research), unveiled a concept car in Los Angeles that revives the Italian automaker's Miura design from the mid-1960s.

That hand-made Miura became a favorite of sports car enthusiasts and attracted celebrity owners including Frank Sinatra, Tonight Show host Jay Leno and actor Nicolas Cage.

But Lamborghini Chief Executive Stephan Winkelmann said the Italian car maker, which seeks first to protect the mystique around its brand, has no plans to produce a revived Miura.

"Never say never, but we will not go into production," Winkelmann told Reuters. "We have a little company. We have a model line which is going to a fourth model, and we have to put our priorities in a row."

Lamborghini, which sells 40 percent of its supercharged sports cars in the United States, also used the Los Angeles Auto Show to show off its Gallardo Spyder, which it bills as one of the fastest convertibles ever made. The car, which reaches a top speed of 193 miles per hour (314 kph) starts near $190,000 and runs up to near $330,000 for the V12 model.

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/NewsArticle.aspx?type=technologyNews&storyID=2006-01-07T033646Z_01_MUN712902_RTRIDST_0_TECH-AUTOS-LAMBORGHINI-DC.XML

2. I must say it's a good call on their part. This design deserves to stay buried.

3. YES!!! THANK YOU LAMBORGHINI!

They should not build this. If they did, I would be pissed.

4. What can I say? I'm not terribly surprised. But if you check out any of my last posts, you will realize that I do hope to see this car sometime in the near future.

5. The Gallardo comes in a v12. ya. That was a good one.

6. Dunno how accurate that is...V12 Gallardo? Also, Lamborghini's are "supercharged" sportscars? I assume this didn't come off a car site

7. they should, but they won't. besides look at all the other concepts of older cars that are being brought back. this is way to close to the original for today's 'retro' design. shit, looks almost like the original. the rest can go screw yourselves. has anyone else made a mid engine rear drive car with a transverse V12????

8. rofl where did u get that article?

9. BS meter just exploded :

"Lamborghini, which sells 40 percent of its supercharged sports cars in the United States, also used the Los Angeles Auto Show to show off its Gallardo Spyder, which it bills as one of the fastest convertibles ever made. The car, which reaches a top speed of 193 miles per hour (314 kph) starts near $190,000 and runs up to near $330,000 for the V12 model. "

10. #10 Iron Heart, Jan 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  11. whoever wrote that article should be banned from auto journalism. i hate people who think they know what theyre talking about when they plainly dont.

12. they changen their idea, it will be produced on gallardo's platform and will have a tuned v10

13. I Like this Car,
    Wish it goes to production///////////////-----_/_