Murcielago or Carrera GT????????

Discussion in '2002 Lamborghini Murciélago' started by Christianmc, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

Murcielago:
    0-60 mph: 3.6 seconds
    1/4 mile 11. 5 seconds
    1 km standing 20.8-9 seconds

The Murcielago has already been compared to the Porsche GT2, and the Porsche GT2 ended up getting smoked. Check the ROAD TEST thread by mafalda for a direct comparison.

2. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lamborghini</i>
    <b>Lambo of course</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well said.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

THIS IS A FORUM. YOUR NOT SUPPOSE TO SHUT UP.

4. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

what does the name have to do with it?<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

i know what i would take!!!

both!!!

6. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Gringo</i>
    <b>Oh man, I don't know where to start... Here goes -
    Performacne:
    The GT2 beat a Diablo on the race track - on several tracks, on several magazines tests. The GT2 IS a faster car then the Diablo - the Diablo can only beat the GT2 in a straight line. Farther more - on a real road with cracks and bumps etc, Autocar got better results with the 911 Turbo over the Diablo.
    So, basically, the GT2 performs better than the Diablo. You say that they lowered their center of gravity BLA BLA BLA. No problem. The Carrera GT is a WAY WAY WAY better car than the GT2 - more power, much less weight, and much better weight distribution (around 52-48)
    not to mention the LeMans derived chasis along with other components
    So Lamborghini improved their car, but Porsche made a far better car, and the Porsche was faster before. Nothing is certain, but considering all the conditions, it looks like the Carrera GT will out-perform the Murc. Regarding all the Bullshit about VT's SV's GT's etc - So what. "this and this magazine said the diablo would probably do it in 3.2". Get real. They are bullshitting. no one actually got such results ever.

Price:
    No one knows the price of the Carrera GT. Besides, you're saing that the Murc will evolve into better versions, like Murc GT etc.
    Well guess what? The price will evolve too. Those versions are likely to be as costier as the Carrera GT, if they get into production at all.

Heritage and passion:
    Porsche has way more heritage and tradition including racing and stuff. But Passion? Lambo's got pretty much of that. Seeing a Diablo is quite an experience... Passion is the word.
    The thing is, Lamborghini is now owned by VW - And VW made Audi responsible for the Lamborghini brand.
    Guess who designed the Murc? - That's right, Audi's head designer. He wasn't italian the last time i checked. There goes tradition...

Final results:
    It's a tie. This is pointless. It comes down to what you like best.
    You can choose what car you like, but don't deny the facts - The Carrera GT si probably the better car.
    It has it all, plus better reliability.

BTW, the word "Carrera" is i spanish - it means "Race", and they originaly meant some race in mexico, i believe.

And Not ferrari nor Lamborghini are superiour to Porsche in any way.
    Porsches are equal, and their top-of-the-range models usually perform better than Ferrari's and Lambo's.

Thanks for your attetion.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Actually the Carrera Gt is to be from $350,000 to $400,000. The Murcielago might be cheaper but if we look at prices we will never be able to buy tight cars.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CarreraGtRacer</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from alexly</i>
    <b>Cgt is faster but Labmo is more beautiful!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Excuse me did I read right? Murcielago more *cough* beautiful? The thing is too squarish. The Carrera Gt is the better looking car between the two.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

thats your own opinion.... We dont need to hear it.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

What a stupid flame war, just like another thread about the same topic posted by gsolinas. People who said Porsche has no tradition, or soul for that matter, should really take their heads out of their asses, since they don't know what they're talking about. And someone who commented on the Murcielago being a geniune Italian sports car, I can only laugh at that with irony.

CarreraGtRacer: would you please stop being a child and let others have their opinions? If they don't like the CarreraGT, fine, which makes the people (like us) who likes it even better. From now on, just leave them alone. Wait 'til the CarreraGT gets out of the factory and into a race track, and we'll see from then on.

snyper: don't give me that bullshit of saying that you like both cars as much, when clearly you favored the Lambos. Not only are you patronizing the Porsche fans, you're also an ethical disgrace among the Lamborghinians. It's much more respected if you just stick with one truly, rather than being a hypocrite. You are down there with Jackamo and gsolinas, the few that made a solid impression.

I guess the only sensible and knowledgable one here is EliseS2. Why do I believe he knows his stuff? First, he's a Lotus fan, if not, then an Elise fan at least. The Lotus people knows their shit about cars, due to the company's philosophy in a car's design, chassis, weight, aerodynamics, etc. Now all modern F1 and GT-prototypes (and even the Carrera GT, unsure about the Murcielago though) are all monocoque-chassis, and who developed and created the idea of a monocoque chassis? Colin Chapman---founder of Lotus. Who was the first to use wings on their F1 cars to add downforce? Lotus. Who was the first to use groundeffect in F1 to dominate in F1? Lotus. So what's my point? My point is you know who are the ones with knowledge, and who are the ones that are just talking shit.
    Add to that, after seeing all 10 pages of this thread, most of EliseS2's posts were immediately challenged by Jackamo, who could only back it up with facts and figures, which is not knowledge, but just information. No doubt that Jackamo knows a lot, but please be a little bit more insightful, rather than keep dissing and doubting the CarreraGT's ability, by saying stupid shit like "impossible," while at the same time up-playing Murcielago's ability, without some creditable facts and numbers.

Why can't you just give credits where it deserves? The OLD Nurburgring is a very long, gruelling track. It demands handling. It also has long straight, so that even the Murcielago could kill some time at those parts. But if you want to argue that the Murcielago has better handling than not even the CarreraGT, but the 996GT2 alone, then you're just pointing a gun to your head. Keep in mind that the 911 is rear-engine, which DOESN'T help in terms of a car's handling. So it's pretty amazing when Porsche can suspension-tune such a car to be a killer on the track. Plus, the 911 has been developed for over 30 years!! This car was not design by "some guy" and put together by "some engineers." It was first conceived by Butzi Porsche, Ferry Porsche's son. And their engineers---they all helped produced winners on the race track, all the way back from the 1950s. And from all that to the 996GT2 of today, that's really amazing. Even if I'm not a Porsche fan, I will still be amazed, or at least give them credits for what they have achieved. And for those people who says that Porsche can't built sportscars, here's their pedigree:

Le Mans 24 Hour Race: 16 outright wins

Sebring 12 Hour Race: 17 outright wins

Daytona 24 Hour Race: 19 outright wins

Whereas Ferrari only has 9 outright LeMans24 wins, all before the 70s. I don't know about Sebring and Daytona for them, but I know they have some wins in those two events too. But for Lamborghini---> none.

So my opinion: Lamborghini has got nothing to show for, except for its cars. I'm not saying that their cars are bad, but I'm saying their cars wouldn't be any good either, simply because there's no factory-racing effort to back up the car's performance, or its supposedly "racy" image. It's all purely aesthetic. You don't have to agree, nor do I want any of you to. But if you have a real opinion that fights another's, at least back it up with something concrete, rather than a bunch of numbers, by a bunch of people who just drives expensive cars for a living, type a couple of hundred words about it, then gladly collect $6.99 per issue from you, cashing in to later get their dream cars while you're still drooling over it.

This thread (and any other threads like this) should end about now, since it's just depressing, and retarded.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

I'd take the Lambo<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

Ok first things first. The Carrera Gt is a Le Mans LMP900 race car chassis that has been turned into a road car. Same with th NA v-10, a detuned race engine. The Carrera is a race car for the road, only way to describe it. The whole chassis and suspenion design are from the race car giving awesome handling and great rigitity.

Second, Speed Demon go pick up a physics text book. Center of gravity is not the most important aspect of cornering, grip is. Now you see the lambo drivetrain has a very high polar moment of inertia, making it harder to spin (turn) and harder to stop. This means the lambo needs more force to turn, and it gets its force from the tires. So if both of these cars had the same mass, but the porsche had the better powertrain design, the porsche would turn tighter and faster. Take two identical cars(except wieght), the one with a lower wieght will out corner the heavier car. Also the porsche has a drysumped engine just like the lambo, but its transmission is lower, lower the center of gravity.

Third, four wheel drive only helps in forward acceleration. It does not add grip in corners. That is similar to saying that four wheel drive helps braking. If you have grip to accelerate using the engine you could of taken a better line throught the turn.

Fourth, the porsche has better aero. If you look at the pictures of the carrera carefully you will see the huge rear diffuser. Underbody ground effects create more downforceand less drag than wings or other aero devices. Also the placement and angle of the wing is designed to "power" the diffuser creating even more downforce.

Fifth, a =(f/m)is obeyed by everything in the universe. The F is force (horse power), m is mass (wieght), and a is acceleration. So as you decrease mass, you increase acceleration. Also if you increase force you increase acceleration. But this is just not forward (0-60) acceleration, it also includes braking. Now since each car would have about equal grip, the Carrera would out brake the lambo.

Well I will just explaine polar moment of inertia. Just think of an ice skater, when they spin they pull thier arms in (pulling the mass tigher to the center of the turn). When they do this they turn faster. When they spread thier arms out again they slow down. I think the formula for the force on a car going around a constant radius corner is F = m/(r squared). This force is applied inward using the tires. So as mass increases the force increases and the need for grip increases. So the Carrera Gt even with less grip could out corner the lambo.

Well if anyone can find mistakes in Newtons laws, you could probably win a nobel prize.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

Hey guys... shut up. Who cares? You argue about cars you've never driven OR owned. Life isn't about 0-60 times, and track records. If you get into a car, and you like it, buy it. Oh no, the porsche does 0-60 0.2 seconds faster! WOW! Amazing! Some people might like the sound of the Lambo better, some people might like the convertible better with the Porsche. With cars of this caliber, it really doesn't matter, does it? They're both very nice cars, so just shut up, please?

12. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

Well i would pick the Porsche ove Lambo just because i kinda like them better... yes lambo does have the bigger engine but the looks are kinda gettn uglier but for the porsche the looks are wild... i like the bigger features on the porsche and the convirtible which gives the porsche a little sportier look for the streets... but i would prefer the porshce over the lambo... i think the lambo is a really nice car with its 60 degree, aluminum alloy, V12 and the 6 speed manual which can really get you up to top speeds although it is pretty big which gives it a little of a disadvantage.. but really nice car!!!!

13. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

I'm not going to get into the debate about which car is faster, because honestly they are very close.

And Elise, I understand what your saying, but there are a few mistakes. You said that 4WD does not help in handeling, when it does. It does not make handeling sharper (it might create some understeer) but it sure does increase your grip on the road, meaning there is much less possibility of spining out of control. That's not just my prediction, that is what everyone who has driven the Diablo VT and SV says. Second, the lighter car is not always the better handeling car. Science, math, and physics matter only when all factors are considdered. The Mclaren F1 weighs 1100 kg and the Porsche GT2 weighs 1440 kg (actual weight mesured over 1500 kg), but the Porsche GT2 is obviously the better handeling car; the MUCH better handeling car than the Mclaren. Weight doesn't tell you everything. Did you forget about suspension, chasis, tire width and dimensions? Center of gravity is also very important, regardless of what you said. The Diablo had a higher center of gravity, and that was perhaps its only big flaw. Because of this, the RWD Diablos could not enter turns at extreme speeds without making you loose grip, even though the VT version gave you more control and confidence in the turns. RWD and 4WD both have their advantages, though. Now the Murcielago has no problem with center of gravity, and that matters a lot; I don't care if anyone tries to convince you otherwise.

The equations your using make sense by themselves, but they don't include other (important) factors.I hope you know those equations don't really tell you anything conclusive about handeling.

14. Which one do you like better??? I like the Carrera GT!!!

15. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

Lambo of course

16. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

You're in the wrong place if I may say. Your topic is stupid and shouldn't be here. Anyone who will respond to this will pick a Murcielago over a VW Beetle look-a-like anytime of the day. Being a Porsche lover you should know that not may people will dare to compare a Porsche to a Lamborghini, unless you address the RUF. Even though you'll lose. There's many reasons why I would pick a Murcielago over a Porsche and I just don't know where to begin. But, there's One reason I wouldn't pick a Porsche. Can you say,"UGLY."

17. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

offcourse i will take the kick ass LAMBORGHINI

let me spell it out for u CarreraGtRacer

i will take the L-A-M-B-O-R-G-H-I-N-I<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

Y YA'LL JEALOUS OF THE CARRERA GT??? CUZ IT WILL SMOKE THE LAMBO? LAMBORGHINI IS NICE BUT WHEN IT RACES THE CARRERA GT IT WILL GET SMOKED

19. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

CarreraGTracer What type of drugs were you using, porche and lamborghini of furous 580 horsepowered Speed Demon machine

DUH!<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

HEY SPEED DEMON LEARN TO SPELL AND READ. ITS CARRERAGTRACER NOT CARRERAGTRACER

IF YOU LOOK AT THE FACTS THE LAMBO WEIGHS ALOT MORE THAN THE CARRERA GT AND THE CARRERA GT PRODUCES MORE HORSEPOWER SO I THINK THE CARRERA GT HAS THE ADVANTAGE.

21. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CarreraGtRacer</i>
    <b>HEY SPEED DEMON LEARN TO SPELL AND READ. ITS CARRERAGTRACER NOT CARRERAGTRACER

IF YOU LOOK AT THE FACTS THE LAMBO WEIGHS ALOT MORE THAN THE CARRERA GT AND THE CARRERA GT PRODUCES MORE HORSEPOWER SO I THINK THE CARRERA GT HAS THE ADVANTAGE.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

um idiot maybe u should check he spelt it right.<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

MY APOLOGIES

23. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

I want both!!!

24. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

CarreraGTrace posted the same message in the porsche form. He told all those dumbasses to post their replies in here. I say everyone that would that a lambo over a porsche should post thier replies in the porsche form.

25. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

Quote from speedeemon
    LETS COMPARE THE FACTS

LAMBORGHINI-

Engine V12 0 - 60 mph 3.8 seconds
    Horsepower 432.5 kw / 580.0 bhp @ 7500 rpm 0 - 100 mph Not Available
    Transmission 6-Speed Manual Topspeed 330 kph / 205.1 mph
    Weight 1650 kg / 3638 lbs

PORSCHE-

Engine 68 degree V10 0 - 60 mph 4.0 seconds
    Horsepower 416.1 kw / 558.0 bhp @ Not Available rpm 0 - 100 mph Not Available
    Transmission 6-Speed Manual Topspeed 330 kph / 205.1 mph
    Weight 1250 kg / 2756 lbs

CARRERA GT IS LIGHTER AND PRODUCES MORE HORSEPOWER

read the facts the lambo has 22 more horsepower you dumb ass.

Hey dumbass...do u think a crumby 22 horsepower will matter if the lambo is an extra freaking 882 lbs. overweight. read the other replys (TylerDruden's will make you piss your pants). less weight equals faster acceleration. Plus, it is made to take corners at speeds that would make your lambo skid off the track and go to where it belongs, the scrapyard. the 4.0 second estimated accelaration rate is not accurate. I have seen a 911 gt2 clock in at 3.6 seconds (Road at Track test), and it is heavier and less powerfull than the carrera gt. if you have anything for a brain, you will realize that the carrera gt will clock in at 3.3 if not better. with its cornering, advanced braking, and nasty acceleration it will make your fighting bull look like a cow! I am stopping myself before i write profanity about you conceded lamborgini freaks. you guys ought to learn something about cars! Murcielago is just a pretty face when compared to the Carrera GT. Damn, the Murcielago doesn't even look like a nice face, it looks like one dumb, and pouting *****. Murcielago means, "Bat". nice name, hmmm? you are willing to fork over a couple hundered thousand for something that is named a bat? that is ridiculous. i have so much more respect for the diablo than this "bat", and neither of them would win against a porsche Carrera GT. Carrera means "race" and it is a race that will leave either a diablo or a murcielaogo (bat, hahaha. what a joke) in the dust.