Murcielago or Carrera GT????????

Discussion in '2002 Lamborghini Murciélago' started by Christianmc, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

speedeemon, i think that you are so full of crap that it comes out of your mouth. A Carrera GT will out accelarate, out corner, and out decelerate a Murcielago in a heartbeat. And don't bother putting that bull shit tech specs on the Carrera GT and the Murcielago. Let me tell you a story. On Road and Track, the Porsche GT 2 Out accelarated the Lamborgini and clocked in at 3.6 seconds in the 0-60. But of course, you just talk smack, and don't bother to look at the specs in the car magazines. you are just like a 5 year old, you look at all the pretty pictures. If a GT 2 (which is less powerful and more heavy than a Carrera GT) smoked your lambo, imagine what dark corner the carrera GT will shove your Murcielago into? And who was that punk that said that Porsche can't compete with Lamborgini. You are right, you know why? Becasue Porsche has already won. I suggest lamborgini takes their cow and sends it back to Italy where it belongs!Gentlemen, relish in your ignorance. CARRERAGTRACER, why do you even bother trying to get this fact throught their dumb heads? They are as dumb as the car they worship.

2. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

hey CarreraGtRacer, did i ever say the carrera can't beat a lambo to 60mph. I simply corrected your mistake of saying that the carrera gt has more power.I know that the lambos name means bat. You also said that murcielago (bat) is a damb name for a car. That name is keeping the lamborghini tradition of naming thier cars after famous fighting bulls. I don't know what carrera means and i am sure it is not traditional. Tha lambo is also more practical to dive... does the carrera even have a top that can be fixed so no one gets in the car when parked?

How do you know which one has better cornering? Have you personally driven both cars? Wieght is not the most inportant thing in cornering. Center of gravity is, and geuss what the murcielago has one of the best center of gavity around in a road car. Aerodynamics are also important. The amount of downforce generated is inportant.
    In A recent road test of the "bat" complements where given to the cars cornering and braking.

remember that mabey now the porsche is faster. but with cars other than the 911 porsche normally doesn't inprove them. lambo has a history of making all its good cars into better cars. so don't be surprised if the lambo is quicker, and faster in a few years. The diablo gt has a reported time of 3.2 seconds to 60mph. it will also hit 211mph. so an old lambo already has the potential of betting the carrera gt. And why did you tell the in the porsche form to come here?

3. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

Did i mention that the murcielago also has all wheel drive. Improiving grip. helping acceleration and cornering. The extra torque that the lambo has should also help this cars 0-60 time.

4. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

I honestly think that it's going to be a pretty close match between the two. Because if you think about it, they both have their own unique advantages. Porsche has the lighter body with a lighter turbo charged engine, but on the other hand, Lamborghini does have more power with AWD. And as for turning and cornering, it's too hard to predict considering that both cars are mid-engined. So whatever the outcome is, I'm going to love both of these cars for their own personal advantages.

5. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

Oh, and by the way, the word Murci'elago in Spanish is really derived as a bat, but the true meaning that Lamborghini was getting from this was from a legendary strong and able bull who's life was spared in a very fierce battle in 1879. And getting the title of the Murci'elago was a true honor, because it was only bestowed upon animals who showed exceptional courage and spirit in the arena.

6. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Christianmc</i>
    <b>Murcielago:
    0-60 mph: 3.6 seconds
    1/4 mile 11. 5 seconds
    1 km standing 20.8-9 seconds

The Murcielago has already been compared to the Porsche GT2, and the Porsche GT2 ended up getting smoked. Check the ROAD TEST thread by mafalda for a direct comparison.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Murcielago might even do 0-60 in 3.3 sec. according to Motor Trend

7. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from speedeemon</i>
    <b>hey CarreraGtRacer, did i ever say the carrera can't beat a lambo to 60mph. I simply corrected your mistake of saying that the carrera gt has more power.I know that the lambos name means bat. You also said that murcielago (bat) is a damb name for a car. That name is keeping the lamborghini tradition of naming thier cars after famous fighting bulls. I don't know what carrera means and i am sure it is not traditional. Tha lambo is also more practical to dive... does the carrera even have a top that can be fixed so no one gets in the car when parked?

How do you know which one has better cornering? Have you personally driven both cars? Wieght is not the most inportant thing in cornering. Center of gravity is, and geuss what the murcielago has one of the best center of gavity around in a road car. Aerodynamics are also important. The amount of downforce generated is inportant.
    In A recent road test of the "bat" complements where given to the cars cornering and braking.

remember that mabey now the porsche is faster. but with cars other than the 911 porsche normally doesn't inprove them. lambo has a history of making all its good cars into better cars. so don't be surprised if the lambo is quicker, and faster in a few years. The diablo gt has a reported time of 3.2 seconds to 60mph. it will also hit 211mph. so an old lambo already has the potential of betting the carrera gt. And why did you tell the in the porsche form to come here?
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Hey Speedeemon,
    The Carrera Gt will whoop this chubby car anyday. What did I say about cornering(i didn't say shit). And Porsche Will make a hard top for it I think. No one was agreeing with me so I told the people in the Porsche Forums to come down here and give me support. And also Porsche will make this car better than it is as of now. The car in the end will be the bomb.

8. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

if u read around carreragtracer u will find out that the murcielago comes with an optional sixth gear ratio that allows the murc to reach a top speed of 217mph, the same speed as the coveted Ruf GTR, and this car is stock, and as for its conering it is alot better than the porsche, it is the only other production car next to ferrari f50 to set a nurburgring time in the 7:40sec range, so go and read up first!
    later
    peace<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

What's up with all those flamin #%$gots coming in here trying to say that Porsches can beat Lambos, stop talking out of your asses, Porsche is shit compared to Lamborghini, Porsche shouldn't even be in the same building as Lamborghini

10. MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

for me is the MURCIELAGO the best !!!!!!!!!

11. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

i'd take the porsche carrera over that italian piece of shit any day. it weighs a whole lot less than the lambo making its power to wieght ratio better, and has better handling, obviously because it's a porsche, better 0-60 and very close top speed compared to the lambo. i'd LOVE to see any lambo even come close to the lap times that this engineering marvel will run at nurburgring. and if porsche were to make this car into a hard top, it would have even better aerodynamics, which would make it even better in all of the above categories. looks are a matter of opinion, in my opinion, the porsche looks much better with it's sleek curves compared to the lambo that looks like a sculpted rock with all of it's ugly angles

12. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

PORSCHE ROCKS.....SO DOES LAMBO. I'd pick the lambo coz its here and when ur in italy, it has such a cool racing rivalry with ferrari, but id pick the porsche just coz it a tad bit more reliable, plus it doesn't have a metal shift gate.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

the Lambo set laptimes faster than the porsche GT1, GT2 and the GT3, and thatis because of the new center of gravity, whivh is very low and in the center of the car, even though the lambo is faster than those cars i would have to say that the Carrera GT is a pretty awesome car!!! peace<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

Hey Lamborghini,
    your right that the Porsche and the Lamborghini shouldn't be in the same building. The Lambo should be outside the building in the back next to a garbage can.

15. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CarreraGtRacer</i>
    <b>Hey Lamborghini,
    your right that the Porsche and the Lamborghini shouldn't be in the same building. The Lambo should be outside the building in the back next to a garbage can.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

first of all, i got nothing against the Carrera GT, id want one, but ur acting just like the dude who said the Z06 is better than GT2. i think theyre two very different cars in terms of soul...Lambos r traditional, they stick with the rituals of Italian auto making, albeit with a hint of technology, porsches in the other hand r modern, engineering marvels, with a hint of classic porsche history. both cars r freaking awesome, but you being a euro car lover should know what quality is. and both cars have them, just in a different way.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from -=JeTFiRE=-</i>
    <b>I LIKE BOTH ALOT...BUT THE CARRERA GT IS WELL...NOT AS GOOD LOOKING, I WOULD TAKE THE LAMBO OVER IT.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -
    Porsche not as good looking? Everyone knows the Carrera Gt is alot better looking then the Murcilago. Trust me if think the Carrera Gt is ugly u need some stronger glasses.

17. MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?

I would much rather have the Carrera GT than the Murcielago for many reasons. While the Murcielago is interesting and has a better engine configuration (V-12 as opposed to a V-10), I find it to be utilitarian and uninspired. While everyone participating in this forum so far hasn't hesitated to present statistics supporting they're side of the argument, no one has compared fundamental design or historical elements. The lamborghini is more powerful hands down, it makes 22 bhp more and 37 ft lbs of torque more than the Carrera. But those numbers are misleading, the Carrera GT pulls 4.9 pounds for each horse it makes while the lamborghini pulls 6.2 pound for every horse. The Carrera maintains the historically significant rear wheel drive, while the lambo has incorporated an all-wheel drive system which is much heavier and more complex. The lambo has private labeled brembo discs with 4 piston calipers while Porsche had designed a new 8 piston calipers closing on ceramic discs which reduce weight and wear factor by a great deal. According to Road & Track (January 2002 page 59) the Murcielago was designed to accommodate the engine/transmission configuration, the porsche was designed in a wind tunnel to have the best aerodynamic ratio of drag to downforce possible. I like the Carrera, but it is just a matter of opinion, the driver of the lambo would kick my ass if it were wet outside.

18. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

Porshit? Funny. Lambgayghini. Funnier. Porsche rules.

19. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

im sorry, i think that both cars r awesome, but this is only the first Lambo model, there will undoubtably be a rear wheel drive version of this car, and when it does come out, the carrera will get beaten even worse than it gets beaten now, peace<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

Carrera Gt ugly? What the hell is wrong with you?

21. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

Can you guys say Ferrari F-60????

22. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

I would take the Lambo but I think it would depend on the drivers if they were to race. Noone wants to admit it but they are very close in the numbers, with Lambo having a slight HP advantage and Porsche having a slight weight advantage. Keep in mind though that Porsches' listed HP tend to belie their actual potential, and Lambos might be bigger, but are ten times more aerodynamic, and that mitigates some weight difference.<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

The Diablo SV laps the nurburgring in 8 min 9 seconds, and the Diablo GT laps the nurburgring in 8 min 4 seconds. While those times are pretty good, the reason the Diablo's do not have as good times here is the GT2 and GT3 is because of their high center of gravity. Weight is not the issue, because the Porsche GT2 is almost just as heavy as the Diablo. On other tracks the Diablo's have much more impressive lap times. Now the Murcielago has a lower center of gravity and that will improve its lap times significantly, not to mention that it's faster. So the Nurburgring is no longer a snag for Lamborghini. 8 min 11 seconds is not the best it can do; I've heard times as low as 7:52 and 7:40. I wouldn't go around parading that the GT2 and GT3 could beat a Murcielago because it's just not going to happen. The center of gravity is not everything for a car, but as I said before, that was the Diablo's only big flaw. Now that it's corrected it will make a big difference.

The Murcielago's downforce is very good. The latest model Diablos had a drag coificient of 0.30 (better than Mclaren), making ideal for top speed. Even with that, it still had more downforce than the Mclaren F1, even without a wing (with the wing especialy). So it handeled better at high speeds (Mario Andretti commented on the Mclaren F1's handeling and said it was very unstable at high speeds). Now the Murcielago has even more downforce than the Diablo at the cost of a slightly higher drag coefficient (0.33), and with the pop-up spoilers it is up to 0.36, but creates a whole lot more downforce. And forget, "If the Murcielago and GT had the same amount of grip, then the GT would beat it," because the Murcielago has more grip with 4WD.

24. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

LAMBORGHINI ALL THE WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Carrera GT is going to suffer the same way all other Porsches with non-flat 6 engines did in the past, they may have looked OK but none sold as well as the good ol 911. Besides, the GT is being backed by Porsche. The Murcielago is being backed by the whole Volkswagen group. BIG financial difference, VW is currently investing 500 million British Pounds on the Bentley factory at Crewe, England and a similar amount at the Lambo plant in Italy. Porsche can't throw around the amount of money that VW can.

Oh yeah, final point. The Lamboghini Diablo "evolved" into the SE 6.0, the VT, etc. The Murcielago may do the same!!! <!-- Signature -->

25. Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

ok i've read ALL these posts and from all this i've managed to reach one conclusion: that most of this boils down to your opinion on the cars. do you like porsche or lamborghini better? do you think the carrera gt or the murcielago looks better? the two cars are very close, the only way to really settle the speed dispute would be to actually race them, and the rest of it is in the looks and history of the car & its company, and there's no point in arguing about what looks better! nevertheless, personally i prefer the porsche...