Mustang and Z06 two totally different classes!

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra' started by Lee Iacocca, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Mustang and Z06 two totally different classes!

I think all Mustang owners knows they're in diferent classes.

But there's a lot of people who likes to compare them.

Wait a little and they'll start to compare them with Lightnings, Explorers, Harleys....<!-- Signature -->

2. I am tired of people coming in here and saying ooooo Z06 is faster! Chevy still wins! You are comparing a Vette which is a sports car to a Mustang which is not considered a sports car. Corvettes and Vipers, Mustangs and Camaros (not anymore)We could careless if your Vette is faster I mean it is 15 more HP, extremly good weight distribution, aerodynamic, and correct me if im wrong but I think its lighter. If anything you should be scared that Mustang which is not a sports car is pushing the Vettes, and I dont care what you say about the S/C its just an awesome performance mod that SVT chose to use and just accept that. If Chevy put a S/C on a Vette you wouldnt be saying oh no thats not real power you would be trying to get your little paws on one. Quit comparing oranges to apples and move on with your life instead of making fun of cars that arent even in your car's league and bragging that they are faster when we know good and well that without that governor on the 03 Cobra that it would be right close behind your friggin sports car. <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Mustang and Z06 two totally different classes!

Notice they aren't replying to this thread, but are still comparing the Z06 to the Cobra... *sigh*. What I love is what one fanboy said:

"The Z06 is just another Corvette."

LOL, when will they learn?<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Mustang and Z06 two totally different classes!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JESTERFIELD</i>
    <b>I am tired of people coming in here and saying ooooo Z06 is faster! Chevy still wins! You are comparing a Vette which is a sports car to a Mustang which is not considered a sports car. Corvettes and Vipers, Mustangs and Camaros (not anymore)We could careless if your Vette is faster I mean it is 15 more HP, extremly good weight distribution, aerodynamic, and correct me if im wrong but I think its lighter. If anything you should be scared that Mustang which is not a sports car is pushing the Vettes, and I dont care what you say about the S/C its just an awesome performance mod that SVT chose to use and just accept that. If Chevy put a S/C on a Vette you wouldnt be saying oh no thats not real power you would be trying to get your little paws on one. Quit comparing oranges to apples and move on with your life instead of making fun of cars that arent even in your car's league and bragging that they are faster when we know good and well that without that governor on the 03 Cobra that it would be right close behind your friggin sports car. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well, I'll reply. Although I haven't with the other threads you mention.

I agree that Cobra should not be compared to the Y-body. Stock 01+ LS1's put down as much as 315rwhp (360-370 crank). And are showing as much as 330rwtq. So if Ford is accurate with 390hp at the crank it will be interesting.

Right now the car isn't available, so stock LS1'ers can enjoy the fame for now.<!-- Signature -->