Mustangs are (or used to be) f-body cars

Discussion in '2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS 35th Anniversary' started by 70SuperBee, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Camaro, firebird, and mustang are all fox-body type cars. They all originated as pony cars, and now, as fox-bodies. Next time you say f-body, think twice about it.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Mustangs are (or used to be) f-body cars

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 94FORMULA</i>
    <b>Camaro, firebird, and mustang are all fox-body type cars. They all originated as pony cars, and now, as fox-bodies. Next time you say f-body, think twice about it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The only Fox-body cars around are those based off of the compact RWD platform Ford introduced in 1978, which was, incidentally, named 'Fox'. The first cars to use the Fox platform were the Ford Fairmont and Mercury Zephyr in 1978, later on by the Lincoln Mark VII, most of the Ford Thunderbirds/Mercury Cougars in the 80's, and of course, from 1979-1993, the Mustang.

Even the '94-current Mustangs are still largely based off the Fox platform, albeit heavily modified and reinforced.

3. Re: Mustangs are (or used to be) f-body cars

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 94FORMULA</i>
    <b>Camaro, firebird, and mustang are all fox-body type cars. They all originated as pony cars, and now, as fox-bodies. Next time you say f-body, think twice about it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

What? Mustangs haven't had the fox body since 93, 94-present is the SN95.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Mustangs are (or used to be) f-body cars

never knew that

5. Re: Mustangs are (or used to be) f-body cars

Hey 94 I heard u got caught lying that saying that u had a 94 Formula.

6. Re: Mustangs are (or used to be) f-body cars

actually, the mustang makeup has been the same from 78 to current productions. Only skins, drivelines, and interiors have been changed. The 05 will be the first Stang with a totally new design.

7. Re: Mustangs are (or used to be) f-body cars

camaros are fisher body...not fox body