My dads motor bike can keep up with this in acceleration!!!!!

Discussion in '2002 Koenigsegg CC 8S' started by v12vanquish2003, May 2, 2003.

1. #1 v12vanquish2003, May 2, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  2. Re: My dads motor bike can keep up with this in acceleration!!!!

What do you mean by acceleration?
    0-60mph?
    What if the Koenigsegg had a faster 0-200mph than that bike. Oh wait, can that bike even go that fast?

3. Re: My dads motor bike can keep up with this in acceleration!!!!

yeah well I'd own this car in acceleration with just my body if I jumped out of a plane but you don't see me starting threads in every car forum saying so. Try turning the motorcycle with the car, then see who wins.

4. Re: My dads motor bike can keep up with this in acceleration!!!!

oh yeah? Try turning the motorcycle INTO the car, then see who wins. Nobody wins, because nobody can turn a motorcycle into a car. There just aren't enough wheels.

5. Re: My dads motor bike can keep up with this in acceleration!!!!

wouldn't that mean the car wins? YOU ARE SO STUPID LIKE A MIDGET IN A FREEZER EATING A POPSICLE WITH HOT SAUCE IN MY TOYOTA MATRIX

6. Re: My dads motor bike can keep up with this in acceleration!!!!

I SNORTED A POPSICKLE WITH HOT SAUCE

I CAN SMELL COLORS MAN

I SMELL THE COLORS

GREEN IS CHOCOLATE

mungo jerry says "ch ch ch In the summertime la la la la la la, you got women you got women on your mind"

7. Re: My dads motor bike can keep up with this in acceleration!!!!

hmmmm if your dads bike was a top range suzuki id believe you... but that is one chrome-covered heavy piece of crap. ive seen the v-rod on top gear, and believe me it isnt that fast. that wouldnt keep up with a lancer, so it doesnt stand a chance with this

8. Re: My dads motor bike can keep up with this in acceleration!!!!

Maybe if it was a superbike like a Ducati or something, but, its a piece of shit, so no, it really couldn't.

9. Re: My dads motor bike can keep up with this in acceleration!!!!

Yes they can. The fastes road bike is the Suzuki Hyabusa that hits 60 in 2.2 secs and would out accelerat this all the way to 217Mph which is it's top speed. Bike are so quick cos their so light. I would still prefer this though cos I'm not a bike person.

10. Re: My dads motor bike can keep up with this in acceleration!!!!

Well. You Know, there could be some truth behind that statement.
    I mean, think about it logically. The motorcycle engine is probably about 1.6-2.0L worth of displacement, so that means that it would generate it's torque at lower RPMs, and also spin up faster, being able to run through the gears quicker also.
    So I mean, any car guy can tell you that larger displacement engines will spin up faster, so, maybe he's right. Maybe it can keep up with the CC to 60. When you look at it logically, it makes sence doesn't it

11. Re: My dads motor bike can keep up with this in acceleration!!!!

But it's a harley V-rod. Harleys are cruisers, and that means they're heavy, and correc me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Harleys top out at just about 80 hp. This V-rod can't do that.

12. Re: My dads motor bike can keep up with this in acceleration!!!!

Well no its not a suzuki and yes it aint as light as a superbike but yes it does do a 3.4sec 0-100 it also does an 11 sec quarter mile. I know it aint like harley to make a fast bike but they did the engine came out of there most successfull racing bike and it was than tunned by none other than porshe.As for it not being abole to beat a lanser your rite, not around tight corners anyway as it has such a long wheel base but in a straight line we have betten many of them without even pasing 6000rpm. We have beaten a new E46 M5 and that is with me on the back. and as the bike was cold it couldnt get past 6000 and its peak power is at 7000rpm. To the other guy who said it wouldent even have 80hp well no it dosent have 80hp it have 120.

13. Re: My dads motor bike can keep up with this in acceleration!!!!

maybe the car creams it anyday; no competition. the cars got better top speed and hp.

14. Re: My dads motor bike can keep up with this in acceleration!!!!

right, who cares? this isn't a great comparison. most people choose bikes because they seem very thrilling and dangerous- they are also a different type of speed than cars are- cars have the capability for more fast, but they usually (with the exception of drag cars) don't get near the initial acceleration that bikes get(contributed to by the lower rolling resistance of one wheel that isn't powered) , and you can't steer bikes as well, but, arguably, they are more fun.
    End idea is, it's just what kind of speed you like