my go-cart can beat this!!

Discussion in '1962 Morris Mini Cooper S' started by boofead, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: my go-cart can beat this!!

ok if we're talking size, i'm 201 cm tall and i currently own a 1978 mini clubman gt (1275 cc) and i can happily say that it might not have the best accelleration - although its pretty awesome for a 1275 - through tight twisty bends it can whoop tha arse out of almost anything. for example, my mate owns a 1976 holden ute with a 253 cubic inch v8. in a drag race, to be honest there isn't all that much in i till you hit like 120, and then you come to some of those lovely schicanes in the road and it leaves it for dead. ok so i sound like a petrol head..... aren't all of us here?
    and that crap about the mini not being an icon and never being one, i think we all know that thats a crock of shit son't we.

2. Re: my go-cart can beat this!!

I'll argue with you to hell and back, because your some stupid moron who thinks that he can project his size through the internet and intimidate people....when you can't even #$%#ing touch them.
    Now, the BEETLE? Are you f-cking serious? The Beetle is some hideous piece of shit, and simple as a Lada. From everythign I know, they handle like shit compared the a Mini.
    Mini kicks Beetle ass in rally, and on road courses. The Mini specimen you got was probably some run down piece of shit that it's owners thrashed and never took care of. You cannot blame a car after one time owner ship unless it is new.
    So shut up, and realize that Beetles pale to the Mini.
    §cotty

3. Re: my go-cart can beat this!!

oh wow a go-cart...and since when has your granma's go-cart been rated the no. 2 most important worldwide car over the last century (only under the original ford model t) and no. 1 most important and impactful car over the last century in britain?
    and who the hell cares about your stupid little go-cart? this thing would beat the shit out of it any day on a circuit! jee-sus it's idiots like these that just complain (with no clue of what they're talking about) on the boards that REALLY pisses me off.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: my go-cart can beat this!!

sorry, buddy, but 100 horsepower in a go kart? bull crap. you wouldn't be able to drive it. if it doesn't blow up from over heating too easily (so much modification to a 5-20 horsepower kart... yeeouch.), then it would just be wheelspin city. you gotta remember, this is well and truly a hot little car, and only professional go karts could possibly reach 60 MPH.

so there...<!-- Signature -->

5. 55hp?? my go-cart pumps out 100hp!!

6. Re: my go-cart can beat this!!

shutup<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: my go-cart can beat this!!

hahaha! that's all i have to say.

why would someone compare this to a lawn mower mod in the first place?

i do give credit to the outstanding performance of a go-kart, but come on.....comparing those 2 is just ignorant.

sorry to say this RacePhreak13, but on a twisting and turning track a go-kart might beat the mini. but hey! what the hell! mr. bean can run your go-kart over with this!!! hahahah....

one more thing: 100 hp go-kart...i'll have some of whatever you're smoking...

i've driven a Formula SAE car, it's got 76hp. but it shoots 0-60 in 1.89 seconds, lateral acceleration of 1.72 g (feels so nice =) with a top speed of 155mph. so there you go, that's how much 3/4 of 100hp can do. so dream on with your "100hp go-kart".

this car is good. so don't dis it up. remember, mr. bean uses a mini to bash out that 3-wheeled freak-vehicle ;)

8. Re: my go-cart can beat this!!

I am just one of those people ..... but I never got it why the big fuss over this small little piece of crap? I was the unfortunate owner once oc a 1974 1275cc and i still regret the day i bought it It is not a real car.... it is weak, small, oil leaking poor handling piece of S H I T It is not an icon and it will never be an icon....

Best car ever build in the world and truly car of the century VW beetle forever and always, i had 4 of them and i will always love it for what it is.... Brillian trustworthy, bigger than a mini and still verry common on our roads (SA)

I'm 1.98 meters tall weighing 115 kg. So argue with me and youll get it.

9. Re: my go-cart can beat this!!

Well the person in the mini wouldnt get wet in the rain, and can fit more people and stuff, and there have been 80hp Go-Karts but they were oversized prototypes made at engineering universities<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: my go-cart can beat this!!

Hey man i have two mini's a 1998 copper sport and a 1967 cooper 'S'
    these true cars can have ur go-cart eny day , maybe not in speed but in practicality and cumfort , eny waythe handling is like a go-cart and are more fun so get with it and think straight!

11. Re: my go-cart can beat this!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gs430</i>
    <b>55hp?? my go-cart pumps out 100hp!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Sure it can. *cough*sarcazm*cough*<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: my go-cart can beat this!!

Yeah.....Go-Cart.....Screw you hippy!<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: my go-cart can beat this!!

NEITHER BEETLES NOR MINIS ARE REAL CARS. THERE ALL SOME F***CKING FAGGOT POS CARS 4 PEOPLE WHO ARE 2 LOSER TO BUY A REAL CAR

14. Re: my go-cart can beat this!!

What the hell are you talking about ?

15. Re: my go-cart can beat this!!

They're more than #%$got POS cars. THey were designed to be cheap, affordable and practicle cars.

Also, the performance of this old Mini Cooper is ok for it's time. Ford Anglias of the same era took about 25 seconds to get from 0-60MPH.

16. Re: my go-cart can beat this!!

Is it really that light? Seems pretty light for a car that looks like that. Must be filled with hot air

17. Re: my go-cart can beat this!!

Mini's are one the best cars ever made! Bullshit they didnt handle good. My dad had a Mini Panel Van with a 1275 in it back in the 70's and was running 15 second 1/4 miles, and this is in Calgary, Alberta, so its definetly not at sea level, and he was not a professional driver. There was a Mini in calgary here that had a Prelude VTEC engine in it. It ran 11 second 1/4 miles. Mini's are without a doubt the coolest cars ever made.

18. right...So what kind of trauma did you survive through to alter your mind this much?

Perhaps a Phineas Gage type accident?

19. Now...i was just surfing the web curious to find the Mini Clubman GT acceleration timing and came across this website. Now firstly my mate races a Arro AX6 race kart professionally and he runs a 15hp engine, which 154km per hour flat out. What i want to say was that being the owner of a 1968 Mini Cooper 's' Mk2, the Mini would be able to slay any shitty go-kart. Secondly Its very doubt full your go-kart would be carrying around a 100hp engine, i mean the traction control system and ECU that ud need it to make it go forward firstly without making the wheels spin, would be very expensive. Next the Austin Mini Cooper only has about 17hp(if u havnt realised all cars have there output measured in Kilowatt and BRAKE horse power or bhp) and has 55bhp, so for a go-kart to have 100 horse power.....man i think you lost this arguement ey.
    One More thing, the Mini was a highly underestimated car and through out its 40 year life time it one 150+ rallys from international recognition to national country which lead it to win car of the century (dont belevie me look it up yourself, again just showing ow underestimated it is). So next time you think some backyard Ass licking go-karts gona pull off car of the century.........im to tired ill finish the rest off later

20. Now...i was just surfing the web curious to find the Mini Clubman GT acceleration timing and came across this website. Now firstly my mate races a Arro AX6 race kart professionally and he runs a 15hp engine, which 154km per hour flat out. What i want to say was that being the owner of a 1968 Mini Cooper 's' Mk2, the Mini would be able to slay any shitty go-kart. Secondly Its very doubt full your go-kart would be carrying around a 100hp engine, i mean the traction control system and ECU that ud need it to make it go forward firstly without making the wheels spin, would be very expensive. Next the Austin Mini Cooper only has about 17hp(if u havnt realised all cars have there output measured in Kilowatt and BRAKE horse power or bhp) and has 55bhp, so for a go-kart to have 100 horse power.....man i think you lost this arguement ey.
    One More thing, the Mini was a highly underestimated car and through out its 40 year life time it one 150+ rallys from international recognition to national country which lead it to win car of the century (dont belevie me look it up yourself, again just showing ow underestimated it is). So next time you think some backyard Ass licking go-karts gona pull off car of the century.........im to tired ill finish the rest off later

21. Now...i was just surfing the web curious to find the Mini Clubman GT acceleration timing and came across this website. Now firstly my mate races a Arro AX6 race kart professionally and he runs a 15hp engine, which 154km per hour flat out. What i want to say was that being the owner of a 1968 Mini Cooper 's' Mk2, the Mini would be able to slay any shitty go-kart. Secondly Its very doubt full your go-kart would be carrying around a 100hp engine, i mean the traction control system and ECU that ud need it to make it go forward firstly without making the wheels spin, would be very expensive. Next the Austin Mini Cooper only has about 17hp(if u havnt realised all cars have there output measured in Kilowatt and BRAKE horse power or bhp) and has 55bhp, so for a go-kart to have 100 horse power.....man i think you lost this arguement ey.

22. #22 Allanx, Jun 15, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    What, you've never heard of Gixxerkart? Or even the Formula Turbokart? Both of those produce over a hundred horsepower and accelerate like crazy.

The Gixxerkart is powered by an 1100cc Suzuki GSX-R1000 motor, producing 113.5hp.

The Formula Turbokart is powered by a Allied Signal JFS-100 gas turbine engine set up for shaft power.

Here's a video of the Gixxerkart in action:

http://gprime.net/video.php/gixxerkart

... and here's the homepage to the Formula Turbokart:

http://www.turbokart.com/home.htm

To see a video of it beating a Ferrari 360 Modena in an 1150-foot drag race, click on the tab on the left that reads "Turbine Projects", click "Formula Turbokart", and then click the text that says "Follow this link". The videos are at the bottom of that page.

Go-Karts kick ass.

23. #23 Streak115, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    I hope that you realize that the Ferrari was going very slowly and could go quite a bit faster, notice that the driver changes gears early and that the nose drops, plus he never went full throttle.