Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by ilovesportscars, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

umm pound is usually near 3x stronger

~$400,000 aud

this is very rough estimate

2. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

Why do you want to find a car to beat this? and especially under 160,000? are you impling those European super car are too expensive, and does not have the big horse power that you need? oh yeah, and also you need front engine. Most of the super car got mid engine, so you're really picking a needle from a sea. May be you should name it for yourself, or actually you already know what your answer is.

Once again, ridiculos price tag super car, ain't for common class people, like most of us on the web. 2 million, if I have 2 million to spare, just for a toy, why wouldn't I bother to pay and have my own fun?

But 2 million could do a lot of things. Well, when you have that much, you wouldn't bother to pay more for every single thing in your life. Think about the tips you pay to the resturant, wouldn't it be a thousand dollars? and you might scream out loud for that and say, "I would rather put it in my future corvette fund."

3. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

Right now the 800tt package is at $37,500. You can get a viper for $40,000. You are up to $77,500. That leaves you with $42,500 left to spend on anything you want. Has anybody ever thought of the other part of the car? Like the transmission, axle's, gear ratio's, etc?
    Powerglide Drag Racing Transmission's cost $22,000. And the only viper that ever got down into the 8's has it. Sure it was the 1000tt but whatever.
    You could also just get the 1000tt package and it will out run this car. And you still have enough money to take your girlfriend out for a night no the town with this bad mother.
    Or you can say "screw girlfriend, Im streetracing."

4. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

not true, i saw a viper run a 7.56. it was on some speed channel thing about this drag thing in florida. liar noob member.

5. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

man you have a problem
    but ive delt with dudes like you that think they know everything
    but they dont

6. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

i know i dun know everything, but i know that you stupid people stuck up on this one car are rediculous, i used to be one of yall, but then i realised the stupidity of it all.

7. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

'name a car that can beat this"
    typical post from someone with this car on thier bedroom wall and nothing in their garage. beat this how? acceleration? well i dont think any of the major manufacturers cater for the yank fasination with straight line speed.
    beat it on the track? well, now there is an easier question. anything with a better POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO will beat this on the track. a lotus 7 derivative with about 200bhp should do nicely. power to weight people, its the reason light cars with 1.5 litre engines can lap vipers (only using that example becsause this happens to be a viper) over and over. is this my oppinion? NOO, its the reason my damn WV golf will never overtake that lotus elise on track days despite having more hp under my hood.

8. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

yo edge, nice post for a new member. also, you own a golf? what kind?i got a 97 GTI vr6

9. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

it sure is humiliating that your right

10. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

my golf? its a regular 1.6 but with R32 suspension. no turbo. you can see that handling is high on my list of priorities. the people here are acting like 160,000 dollars is value for money. excuse me? its beyond the realm of any of us, i can say that with conviction because if i had 160,000 i wouldnt be on this website. logic my friends.

euro cars? you get what you pay for. dont say americans can do more for less when a westfield, cateram, radical etc) can do the best, for the least.

11. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

any engine can be tuned to high power lvls, so in reality the main factor i see is weight.

nice golf, cept ive never heard of a 1.6...theres 1.8t, 2.0, and a 2.8 that i know of... or is it a really old one?

12. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

dude every single front engine 1 000 000 car will still be kissing the asses of classic american muscle !!!

13. #88 reflexx, Dec 26, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

Let's start on the cheap end.

I bought a supra turbo for 20,000$ flat in August (with only 50,000 miles on it). It makes 700 whp = 800bhp.

Feel free to my dyno sheets at http://www.reflexx.net/misc/pearlsupra/

If I put another 10K into the car (bringing me to 30K), I'd have a 1300hp machine like Phil Panos in Atlanta.

Ultima GTR kit = 40K. +10K for crossbolted race block. +10K for coates head. +8K for T88R twin turbo setup. +6K for exotic fuel system and transmission upgrades.

74K = 2400 hp at 1700lb curb weight = 5.5 sec quarter mile and 300+mph top speed.

= pwned

14. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

tour an idiot reflexx but oh well

theres a ton of cars faster than this for 160 gs. all ya have to do is find a light car. light car > heavy ass viper

15. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

lol it would be hard to think of a car OVER 200k that could beat it lol. but on the track is a differant story

16. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

the only reason its hard to think of a car for this category is because he said front engined. all the fastest track cars in the world have the engine behind the driver. heres 2 cars that could prob brun this but juss dont fit the criteria. a Gambella GTR 750 beats this in every category except hp, where its not far behind at 750. its lighter, handles much much much much better, has a far nicer interior, and looks better IMO. the other would be a 400ish hp elise. id be easy to make one of these, as the aftermarket on that integra type R engine in it is huge and cheap.

oh yeah, and as porsche says :live life for the corners.

17. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

I kknow this car costs more but what about the hennessey 1000tt

18. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

ya u would

19. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

kinda defeats the purpose of the thread now doesnt it?

20. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

Isn't this car more of a straight line car though, i mean with 800hp it cant be that great at handling can it. I know a way you could make a car faster than this for less that 75g's, first by like a 99-04 mustang, probably the v-6, by a 351 windsor motor, which some put out about 650-710 hp, and then tweak the suspension and remove some seats and by some racing seats, but the problem with that would be the mustang can't have a motor bigger than the 4.6 put in without changin all of the cpmputer and wiring and everything, and the cobra engine is capable of putting out 800hp, people have done that easily...so you could build a car faster than the viper, but theres probaably no companies, like lingenfelter, saleen, sportech that will make a car like this.

21. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

the ultima gtr's chassis won't handle much more than 1000 hp
    says so on the website

and no
    it just wouldn't work

the thing is
    it just depends on what you like
    how you want to make your power
    there will always be someone there to say american cars suck cuz they could just spend 100,000 modifying a skyline and run a quarter mile in under 3 seconds
    i hate this site now because there is so much bullshit
    half the people here have never raced a car on the track or on the drag strip
    i won't tell you all to shut up
    because you won't
    and i just don't care that much anymore

and to answer the question (so i don't add to the fact that this forum has nothing to do with the viper anymore...)
    the lingenfelter 427tt will outrun it in a straight line
    i won't say it will beat it on a road course because i've never seen it on a road course
    but
    on a road course i'd bet a lingefelter stage 2 with 600 hp would beat it
    car and driver tested it with a bunch of other modded cars and it did really good
    (like how i base my opinions on cars on actual tested facts eh? you should try to instead of just saying "well if magically i could make this supercar that i can't afford and wouldn't be street legal then i could beat everyone in the world")
    yup
    i think i'm done...
    sorry this was so long

22. #97 johnnyu, Mar 4, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  23. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

ummm, spend a little bit on these: supra, RX7, 300zx, soarer, hell i could spend 100k on a shitbox and make it eat this ***** for breakfast. This car is NOTHING special. There are far faster, far cheaper, far more reliable, far more better looking cars out there than this. Although it goes without saying.

24. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

Yes, you could spend money on those cars, but the venom 800 is a production car, hennessey builds the venom series vipers.
    Meaning you can buy this car for around $120k. (the kit costs 40k, not 100k)

"This car is NOTHING special. There are far faster, far cheaper, far more reliable, far more better looking cars out there than this"

Venom 800TT:

Price: $120,000

0-60 mph: 3.2 sec
    0-100 mph: 6.5 sec
    Quarter Mile: 10.71 @ 137.6 mph
    Skidpad: 1.06g
    Top Speed: est. 230+mph
    Braking, 60-0 mph: 110 ft
    Slalom Speed: 75.1 mph

This is fast and cheap @ 120k.

It also comes with a 3year/36,000 mile warranty.

25. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

god damn it, y does it hav 2 b production!