Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by ilovesportscars, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

I don't know if you mean the 800tt has to be production, or why a car that could beat this has to be production.

But i can say why the 800tt is a production car:

The Venom 800tt is a Production Car. Yes, it is tuned by hennessey, but hennessey Produces the tuned Venom Vipers, making it a production car.

He physically produces the venom vipers.

Motortrend, Car and Driver, and Road and Track have always aknowledged hennessey performance vipers as production cars.

2. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

now normally i would be one of the people to jump in and say 427TT (which i just now noticed that i already posted on this forum and already did say that but lets pretend i didn't for now)
    since it would win a drag race and all
    but i was thinking
    this is completely pointless
    here on this forum we have a bunch of people who have never driven either car and most likely never will talking about what car would win in a drag race or a street race
    what are the chances that these two cars will EVER meet on the street, end up at a red light at the same time and be driven by someone willing to race their $150,000 cars that run a 1/4 in under 10 second on the street

i hate the forums like this because they go on forever and no matter how much proof is given to support one side or the other there is always someone that will be like noo my car is still faster blah blah blah

3. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

i think that the 2003 427ci tt 725hp lingenfelter z06 vette against the 1000hp venom would be a tough match.I am not sure that the lingenfelter would win unless its engine is tuned to higher hp.They are two great cars that can outdo a lot imports costing more.

regards

426hemistage8

4. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

"i hate the forums like this because they go on forever and no matter how much proof is given to support one side or the other there is always someone that will be like noo my car is still faster blah blah blah"

Then you've never seen the 800tt vs. mclaren, or vs. f50, or enzo, or 911 gt1 threads.

because there, it was proven that the 800tt was faster and better than those cars.

(and now those threads are rated -1, and on the last page of this forum, i guess some mclaren, enzo, or porsche fans did that, lol)

5. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

hi

many of these threads suffered from harsh comments non us car fans and battles lead against them.jaleousy, ignorance and envy were the main of those bad events.i think we must turn the page and have a new fresh start.

regards

426hemistage8

6. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

I highly agree.

7. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

this whole thread is stupid simply because it says "front engined car", which takes off most of the cars that could beat this, like an elise, ultima gtr, noble m12, modded 996 turbo, and many others. all of those cars could rip this car apart for under 160k. pah worthless.

8. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

You've posted on about Five threads, all posting the same Bad Opinion about this car.

I take it You hate this car. Now in my opinion, if someone Hates something, they stay Away from it.

9. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

i have to agree with you 1426 viper.if some people don't like the car then i think they should just simply avoid to pos in the thread or the forum of the car in question.

just giving you my thaughts

regards

426hemistage8

10. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

i do not hat ehtis car, its a good car, just people need to realize its not the worlds best car ever of all time and that it has flaws.

11. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

oh really??? but your posts show the opposite you more an import lover rather than an american car lover.At its time this car beat many imports wether you want it or not.Yes it has flaws but it has much more qualities that make forget the car's flaws.
    this car is a legend it has an awesome and wild design it is made to go fast and outaccelerate imports too.

regards

426hemistage8

12. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

I agree it's not the BEST car.

However, i say it has the BEST performance of almost Any car.

13. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

Lingenfelter 427TT, up the boost to 1,200bhp.
    Well that was hard, next.

14. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

I think this car is a craaaazy Beast!! and I love it, but unfortunately I would take the Lingenfelter Vette over it!, but My second choice would be this, also I would like to add(SKYLINES SUCK!)

Favorite Cars(not In order)

1979 Pontiac Trans Am
    1977 Pontiac Trans Am
    2003 Pontiac FireBird WS6
    Dodge Viper GTS
    Dodge Viper Hennessey 800TT
    1987 Buick Grand National
    2000 Camarao Zl1
    Corvette Lingenfelter 427 TT
    Chevy Corvette Zo6
    Chevy SSR
    Ford Cobra 2004
    Ford GT 2005
    1970 Chevy Chevelle SS 454
    1971 Chevy Chevelle SS 454
    1969 Pontiac GTO Judge
    1969 Chevy Camaro SS/RS (all 1969 Camaro models)
    GMC Typhoon

ANd MAny more!

Japanese cars suck, becaus ethey cant make any naturally aspirated engines that are fast!!!!

15. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

i think the z06 427tt lingenfelter would be an ideal competitor of the viper venom 1000tt. to be honest i like these two cars. they are two of the best american supercars ever built.

16. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

i think a noble m12 gto-3 would smoke it around the track. unless there were alot of long straightaways. and this car is modified by hennesay, not production. im sure someone said that already.

17. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

ok im tired of this bullshit when you say faster, #$%#ing say where. on the track? in a straight line? quarter mile? #$%#ing specify before you open your big #$%#ing mouths because everybody does it and it's #$%#ing anoyying and i know u may say im a newbie but your a veteran and you should know better than say stupid shit like that
    so please before you say something #$%#ing stupid think about what your going to say.

18. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

see what im talking about
    best performance where? where does it have the best performance tell me where?
    Because on the track thats bullshit, i could name a handfull of cars that would beat this on the track
    so tell me explain where it has the best performance?

19. #119 bbcstachas2, Jul 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

DONT YOU GET IT! THIS IS THE OFFICAL SUPRA KILLER! I CALLED THE HENNSEY COMPANY UP THEY SAID THIS CAR IS THE FASTEST 1/4 STREET CAR IN THE WORLD. I THINK I HAVE BEEN THE ONLY ONE HERE WHO HAS SEEN THIS IN PERSON AND SEEN IT IN ACTION AS WELL. GO TO www.racingflix.com SIGN UP AND LOOK IN THE DRAG SECTION AND YOU WILL SEE A VIPER VS SUPRA DRAGS IT DOES NOT HAVE A PIC BUT IT SHOWS A VIPER HENNSAY BASIC WOOP ON A MK4 SUPRA WITH AT LESET 700HP AND THE VIPER KILLS IT! NOT ONCE BUT 4 TIMES!

20. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

Has anyone heard about the 1000tt??I'm not sure how much it costs, but if 800tt is about 110000$ the 1000tt shouldn't be more than 160000$.
    Some performance stats(aproximately):
    hp 1100+
    max speed 400+kmh
    acc(0-100kmh) 2.2sec(i think).
    If there was a car that could beat the 800tt(I doubt it) there just isn't any competition for this one.
    P.S. Even a McLaren F1 or a Dauer( which obveously are not in this price category) would not stand.

21. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

This is what im talking about "If there was a car that could beat the 800tt" i just posted a very clear message about this 2 days ago
    say where it would beat it?
    And p.s. A McLaren F1 or a Dauer would destroy this thing and the 1000TT on the track because 0-60 times and top speed dont mean shit what wins races is how the speed is conrolled on the track and a number of other factors.For example you say 1100 horsepower but can you control it and still run consistently good lap times? Highly doubt that.
    IM GOING TO SAY THIS AGAIN BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY NOBODY LISTENED.
    BEFORE YOU POST SOMETHING THINK ABOUT WHAT YOUR SAYING BEFORE YOU POST IT,INSTEAD OF OPENING YOUR BIG MOUTH AND SAYING SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT AND NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT IT.

22. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

Sorry i've been gone for a while, and sorry for being vague in my description of the 800tt being fast.

So you want evidence and facts about the 800tt, fine.

Here's a comparison between the 800tt and Mclaren F1:

Venom 800TT:
    0-60: 3.21
    0-100 mph: 6.6 sec
    1/4 Mile: 10.71 @ 137.6 mph
    Skidpad: 1.06g
    Braking, 60-0 mph: 110 ft
    Slalom Speed: 75.1 mph

97 McLaren F1:
    0-60: 3.2 sec
    0-100: 6.3 sec
    1/4 Mile: 11.1 sec @ 138 mph
    Skidpad: .86g
    Braking, 60-0 mph: 127 ft
    Slalom Speed: 64.5 mph

These are the basic performance specs. for the cars, which shows the 800tt can beat the mclaren at a 1/4 mile drag strip.

As for a handling track, there are three things that make a car perform.

1. Acceleration
    2. Braking
    3. Handling

Lets start with Acceleration.

0-60 and 1/4 mile times help a little here, but for a Track, the most acceleration that's done is from a certain speed to another.

For example, when a car comes out of a turn it might come out at 60mph or 100mph then accelerate.
    The car that can go from one designated speed to another the fastest would have the best acceleration for track conditions.

Ironically, the 800tt and Mclaren do the 1/4 mile at the same speed, they reach 138mph. They also reach 200 mph at almost the same time.

Here’s what the cars do:

0-60:
    Both: 3.2

0-100:
    800tt: 6.6
    mclaren: 6.3

0-138:
    800tt: 10.7
    mclaren: 11.1

0-200:
    800TT: 28.2
    mclaren: 28.0

Now, you get what the cars do from one speed coming out of a turn and accelerating:

60-138:
    800tt: 7.5
    mclaren: 7.9

100-138:
    800tt: 4.1
    mclaren: 4.8

60-200:
    800tt: 25
    Mclaren: 24.8

100-200:
    800tt: 21.6
    Mclaren: 21.7

On a track, the 800tt has the acceleration advantage coming out of a turn.

NOW, braking.

60-0 braking gives us a good idea of what cars Could do on a track, going into a turn, but to verify this we need multiple times and speeds the cars brake at.

60-0 braking:
    800tt: 110ft
    mclaren: 127ft

Ok, this might not mean much. what about 10mph faster?

70-0 braking:
    800tt: 143ft
    mclaren: 162ft

Still not good enough? what about braking from 100mph?

The cars do:
    0-100:
    800tt: 6.6
    mclaren: 6.3

Did I mention the 800tt is faster from 0-100-0?

0-100-0:
    800tt: 9.9
    mclaren: 11.5

That means:

100-0 braking:
    800tt: 3.3 seconds
    mclaren: 5.2 seconds

These tests from motortrend and car & driver, show that on a track, if the cars were entering turns from 60, 70, or 100mph that the 800tt could out-brake the mclaren into a turn.

On a track, the 800tt has the braking advantage going into a turn.

FINALLY, Handling.

Handling is what the car does In a turn. If a car has good braking into a turn, and good acceleration off, but can't handle then the driver might have to brake Even more going into a turn, thus slowing down and loosing valuable time.

The skidpad tells you not only the cars outer limits of handling, but also its controllability as those limits are reached.

The slalom test quantifies one of the many components of handling: stability during radical transitions.

For a track, these tests basically translate into, the car with the best skidpad and slalom, can hold better and Faster in a turn:

800tt:
    Skidpad: 1.06g
    Slalom Speed: 75.1 mph

Mclaren:
    Skidpad: .86g
    Slalom Speed: 64.5 mph

On a track, the 800tt Could out-handle.

FOR THOSE OF YOU who don't think skidpad and slalom numbers mean anything when it comes to the track, here's some tests that prove otherwise.

1997 MotorTrend Comparison:

Skidpad 1-3

Dodge Viper GTS 1.01 g
    Ferrari F355 1.01 g
    Porsche 911 Turbo 1.00 g

600-feet Slalom(mph) 1-3

Dodge Viper GTS 73.6
    Ferrari F355 72.1
    Porsche 911 Turbo 69.6

Track Times 1-3

Dodge Viper GTS 39.4
    Ferarri F355 39.5
    Porsche 911 Turbo 40.2

The cars with the most G’s, and slalom speed took top positions on the track

In the june 2003 issue of MT.
    In thier 10 car shoot-out, they do a test on the track, a figure eight course layout.

The mosler mt900 photon took 1st

It accelerated the fastest and pulled the most g's. acceled to 83.6mph, and did 1.14g

Second the viper srt10

acceled to 79.3mph
    pulled 1.05g

Third, lambo murcielago

77.8mph
    .98g

4th, vette z06

75.3mph
    .99g

And so on.

Each place you go down for a car, like from 5th to 6th the acceleration gets slower, or the cars didn't pull as many g's.

The figure 8 track also tests acceleration, braking and hard, long turns in both directions.

But in that comparison, the cars that pulled the most skidpad G’s, took top places on the track.

In conclusion, i'll sum it up.

The three things that make a car perform on a track are acceleration, braking and handling.

The 800tt can out accelerate the mclaren coming out of a turn, it beats the mclaren from 60-138 100-138 And 100-200 mph.

Those times simulate what the cars could do coming out of a turn at 60-100mph and accelerating to 138-200mph. This would just about be what happens on any track.

The 800tt can out brake the mclaren going into a turn, it beats the mclaren from 60-0, 70-0 And 100mph-0.

The 800tt Could hold in a turn, at a faster speed, better than the mclaren. It has a much higher skidpad, and slalom.
    Once again, for those of you who don't think skidpad and slalom numbers mean anything, look at the Two Comparisons i posted which prove otherwise, because the cars in those tests which did the most g's and highest mph slalom, took top positions on the track.

(in fact, the gts viper in that comparison did the most g's, highest skidpad, and took 1st on the track)

THERE YOU GO.

The 800tt COULD/MIGHT beat the Mclaren on a track.

I'm not going to say the 800tt beats it on a track for a 100% fact. We'll never know unless they are actually compared.

But with these proven tests the cars have done, we get a good idea of what might happen on a track.

If you don't believe me, READ THIS POST AGAIN, AND look at all the FACTS and Information, all the Tests And Comparisons, before you respond and post.

23. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

ok excellent post see i like posts like that with all the evidence and no opinion.now from the evidence that you have given it shows that the mclaren f1 would be beaten but i have one question did the viper have slicks during these tests and if not what about the dauer 962 do you think it would stand up against the viper 800tt?

24. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

During those tests the 800tt didn't have slicks.

On street tires the 800tt does:

0-60: 3.21
    0-100 mph: 6.6 sec
    1/4 Mile: 10.71 @ 137.6 mph

On street slicks it does,

0-60: 2.4
    0-100 mph: 5.5 sec
    1/4 Mile: 9.99 @ 138 mph

The dauer runs on street tires and does 2.6 to 60, it will beat the 800tt. (one of the few cars that can)

25. Re: Name 1 front engine car 160k of under that could beat this

none