Need help auto gear problem

Discussion in 'Technical' started by V12 THE RULER OF THE ROADZ OF DUBAI, Nov 2, 2004.

1. basicly i got this maxima for 3 years suddenly 1 day i was in the car and on a traffic lite so when i hit green i pushed the car to its limits (just till i reach 100km/h) and u acctually hear the revs, anyways the car shits from 1 -> 2 but then when its time to upshift to 2 -> 3 it didnt i hear the rev gettin higher and higher and it did that all the way home every time i acclerated a bit too hard and till now its till doin that so i sent it to the dealer to check up he says MA AUTO GEAR PIOLT CHIP IS BUSTED
    so he formatted the chip and told me if it still goes on ill have to buy a 3000 dhs chip and i cant find that at any junk yards so any help PLZZZZ

2. Thats the transmission computer, I don't see what else it can be, usually scrap yard have them unless they are a case of trouble and tough to find

3. A $3000 chip? (If that is what the hell you were talking about) It would be cheaper to buy a new trans. Maximas tend to have trans problems, but 3 grand for a chip is a joke.

4. if you rebuild the trans without changing the chip it will get the same problem again and again

sometime the code that's saved in the comp's memory can make the trans go bad ( limp in or emergency mode )

5. dude not $3000
    3000 emiratie dirhams
    man i can buy 2 new transmision sets for 3000 bucks

6. well dude i sent it to close friend who is a mechanic but i dnt really trust him wit ma car he says all my transmission hardware is tiptop shape but it only the chip and i dnt thnk id like to change the transmission u know, i like wat comes with the car stays with the car (except the mod chips and rims)

7. How does a hardwired chip fry exactly, if the mechanical hardware is good?

8. man i thnk i mite have found the answer here in the UAE tempratures may reach at a max of 49 degrees celcius ma friend i spoke abt eralier says that the chip may have been warped cause of the intense heat

9. the thin wires that are going to the parts like transistor and condensors bend under heat and touch each other thus shorting the part and busting the comp

it's usually a 2 $ repair, but try to find someone to solder on the board, so they change it

Mercedes had problems with their comps, it was like 800$ a new one, but my teacher who worked there before said that he changed the same part in all the busted comps for ONLY 200$, it was a 5 cents resistor if i remmeber.

Some companies put them in the air intake of the engine (olds aurora) so it helps cooling

10. THX GUYS I THE PROB WAS AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM CAUSED BY A LOOSE WIRE WHICH MOVED WHEN I PUSHED THE CAR TO HARD CAUSEIN THE CHIP TO RESTART

11. Use punctuation, and learn to spell.