Needs the spoiler???

Discussion in '2002 Koenigsegg CC 8S' started by FerrariKing, Aug 9, 2002.

1. what does everyone think, i reckon it needs it cos theres a big ditch in he back and kind of looks like a big chunk has been taken out, if you get what i mean.

what do you think???

2. Re: Needs the spoiler???

I guess that's why they have the spoiler as an optional extra.
    Personally, I reckon it looks better with the spoiler, but if its completely unnecessary (ie - has enough downforce already) - then why bother!

Spoiler or not, I'd love one in my garage.
    Any idea what one costs?
    Cheers

3. Re: Needs the spoiler???

From the Koenigsegg website:

"The rear hood is slightly reshaped and lowered, in order both to enhance the streamlined characteristics and reduce drag. The customer can now choose not to use a wing, and therefore reach a higher top speed, since the inert downforce has been increased. The front bumper has a built in wing, similar to what is used on the latest Le Mans cars, that provides downforce and great airflow to the cooler."<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Needs the spoiler???

The way the rear is set up, I see a layout that uses the vacum at high speeds for down force, look at the lower end, those groves would suck the car down. The smooth top would not pull the car up, like they said, as quoted by someone in here. I love the fact that the spoiler is optional, very cool. I think there are too many spoilers in the world, they tend to be kinda abrupt in the styling of many cars.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Needs the spoiler???

I wish they would have kept the original style of the lights, other than that I am really happy witht the overall product. I just wish I owned a couple. One with the spoiler and one without. So I could see what each had to offer. Heck, I would probably even tune one of em with a couple turbo chargers from Garret.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Needs the spoiler???

I'd just like to say. Damn, I'm good.<!-- Signature -->