Never as good as a porsche?

Discussion in '1995 Mercedes-Benz SL 73 AMG' started by Wallenstein, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I've read that the old Merc SL never had a chance against all porsche, but man look at this car...
    Porsche sucks

2. Re: Never as good as a porsche?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Wallenstein</i>
    <b>I've read that the old Merc SL never had a chance against all porsche, but man look at this car...
    Porsche sucks</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

This MB is an auto. plus with so much power, its got a pretty slow 0-60 time<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Never as good as a porsche?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from StillTooSlow</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Wallenstein</i>
    <b>I've read that the old Merc SL never had a chance against all porsche, but man look at this car...
    Porsche sucks</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

This MB is an auto. plus with so much power, its got a pretty slow 0-60 time</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    dude, u don't know what u talking about !!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Never as good as a porsche?

he's right with 525hp 4.7 seconds it slow

5. Re: Never as good as a porsche?

Man look at the wheigh! 2050 Kg!

6. Re: Never as good as a porsche?

Given Mercedes always conserative 0-60 ratings, testers can easily achieve 0-60 in 4.5secs or less. Besides having 525bhp, look at the torque figures from 7.3liters of Mercedes.

7. Re: Never as good as a porsche?

Ok it is true to a certain extent that the Porsche is deffinately better than this car. But that also lies in the handling of the merc compared to that of the porsche. the porsche is so extremely good in handling that it is hard to get anything quite as good unless driving a 600kg caterham. Mercedes still did an amazing job for 1995 and this still deserves to be viewed as an amazing car but Porsche will always be the top of its class, but mercedes is never far behind, but to characterise this car to suck is completely wrong and those who believe so should think again and not just look at the 0-60 ratings. Because the new mustang 4.6 might be good in the straight line but it is purely shit in the corners.

8. Re: Never as good as a porsche?

Porsche make Sports cars and teh odd super car
    Mercedes makes boulevard cruisers whicha re fast and can handle well, however teh sheer weighta nd build makes them not really comparable
    on a road with many corners teh merc would be eaten alive, u cant throw it around at all
    they are both impressive, but just differnet in there own waysds

9. it's a nice car