Never hear of 323

Discussion in '1992 Mazda 323 Familia GT-R' started by dumbo, Aug 9, 2002.

1. 323 vs pulsar gti

this car is alright for a 323 but a gti pulsar would kick it.

2. funny

sorry the car may be good and have nice power but it makes me laugh<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: funny

sure there are lots of better car than this.. but it was a beast about ten years ago<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: funny

well, it maybe was a bullitt 10 yrz ago, but nowdays it't kinda kinky =)

5. Re: funny

one of my mates ate one of these in his 1985 toyota corona with a totaly rooted 1800 4speed manual 3T!! he is RWD and it was raining and he wheel spun. Now for "Juhutti" back in 1992 they had the mitsubishi galant VR4 which isnt the top of the line VR4 but anyway i have never seen one lose a race with ANY mazda famila fully worked 1993 GTR's, 1990 GTX's dont stand a chance even when they are stroked to 2L. Now that is why i respect Mitsubishi (apart from there concepts and some dodgey ones)<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: funny

i find that hard to beleive as these post a time in the high 13's.

Unfort once again, the stats up top are wrong. The GTR actually boasts 156kw at 6000 rpm and 250nm of torque at 3000 rpm. Boost is set at 14 psi (quite high for 1992!).
    0-100 in 5.7 seconds & 13.8 over 400m.

Only 2500 where available.

7. Re: funny

1/4 mile times are all good and fine, but really! This car was made to go rally racing, and even today this car is still competitive against all the Subs and Mits.

8. Re: funny

I just think this is crap because its another small car, i really hate 99% of all small cars, the only reasonale ones would be a Dodge Razor(no wait, thats a sick car)...ok then, the only reasonable ones would be either a S3 or a old RX-2-3 a rotary that small in other words, RX-3s and 4s are beasts on the strip though.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: funny

Confucious say "light weight is cheap horsepower.

That's why you need "only 300hp" in a light 850 kg RX-3 to post at least an 11 second quarter.

10. #10 deuginthesky, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: funny

If you want to laugh a lot go on this site:

www.thejackytouch.com

You'll see the uglyest tuning ever (it's in french but easy to navigate)

11. Re: funny

The Familias that I have seen in Australia look considerably different. They are just as fast, only not as funny.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: funny

For starters as a Familia GT-R owner to those who think they are going to kick a real familia GT-R's ass u would not wona come across me on the road coz my familia will kick your ass! think with stock internals and stock turbo mine pumps out 200kw at all 4 wheels which is around 300kw at the flywheel and creates just over 800nm of torque all i have done to it is custom piping with intercooler, exhaust and a motech M4 computer system. these stats were done on a dyno on a 42degree day and it was only creating 2.2bar of boost it maxes out at 3bar. so try it if your game!!!

13. Re: funny

Snitzu666 i was refering to the person that recons that a 1800 toyota corona would beat a familia gt-r because they hold there own quite well if driven properly as a stock one will do the quater mile in 13.8secs standard. and i agree that that astra woulg beat a standard familia but in terms of bhp mine has 400bhp at the flywheel i have yet to do 0-100kph tests but i can go from 0-200kph in under 12secs with a top speed as is at the moment of just under 320kph.(times about to lower once the box is fixed)
    even though ive never been a fan of cars from GM your dads astra sounds pritty cool

14. Re: funny

Quote: even though ive never been a fan of cars from GM your dads astra sounds pritty cool

Thanks a lot, it's a very cool car.

The car in the picture isn't ours, but it looks a lot like ours.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: funny

thats kool i dont c the point in payin out cars you no nothing about as that realy gets on my nerves like with the turbo vs v8 arguments as they both have there strong points and if some1's spent the effort doing something up good on them like ur dads astra.what has he done to it? do u have a car? if so what sort? i have a reasonably hard tuned mazda familia and a ford falcon xr6 lightly modified which is soon 2 go for another jap car

16. Re: funny

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from GTR01</i>
    <b>For starters as a Familia GT-R owner to those who think they are going to kick a real familia GT-R's ass u would not wona come across me on the road coz my familia will kick your ass! think with stock internals and stock turbo mine pumps out 200kw at all 4 wheels which is around 300kw at the flywheel and creates just over 800nm of torque all i have done to it is custom piping with intercooler, exhaust and a motech M4 computer system. these stats were done on a dyno on a 42degree day and it was only creating 2.2bar of boost it maxes out at 3bar. so try it if your game!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I have nothing against this car, it's really rather nice.
    But it's no match for my Opel Astra GSi which is tuned to the max.
    My car has about 250 bhp (estimate) and reaches 60 in 4.5 secs. The top speed is about 140 mph/230 kph

It just one bad mofo

Oh yeah, my dad ownes a really cool Astra OPC with 300 bhp!!<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: funny

hey let me in on this!!!!!

How come people dont realise that the Familia GTRs are OK as standard, which is why the times are what they are.

BUT,
    Once the standard airfilter is removed, a 2.5/3inch mandrel pipe exhaust installed, They aint gonna be many WRX's keeping up with it. Thats a fact.
    And we aint even talked about boosting the car yet!!! ;-)
    Once you boost these cars, They are FLYING.... get a 6 speed X-TRac gearbox , your flying!
    Man, last week we put my cuz's Pulsar GTiR with over 450bhp against a mazda familia gtr. HE got blown away!!.
    Since then , he hasnt drove his car, and has sent it for major boosting.... U should see the vid I got of him, he was fuming when he lost the race. Never mind Imprezas etc, there just full of Lag. them IHI turbos are something else, and the braking as standard on a Famila GTR puts a GTiRs braking system to shame! (which aint really that hard!!)
    I used to own a GTiR, which done 0-60 in 4.2seconds, and I got ripped apart by a Slightly modded GTR. Now I sold mine, and got a Familia GTR from Japan....Now its time for me to boost it etc..hehhehheh!!

Peace Y'all,

Zinedene

18. Re: funny

hi there,

Need some info on the familia GTR . Just got one myself. Wanted to find out what u done to yours.
    I was hoping to run about 2bar. What should I look out for.
    I heard the transmission aint that strong to cope with 2bar as standard. I getting a X-Trac 6speed gearbox coming soon..

Drop me a line.....

Peace
    Zinedene
    [email protected]

19. Re: funny

Your shitting me are mate? 3 bar on that stock turbo?
    Your full of shit rite?
    my Familia GTR with stock internals stock IHI, only boostcontroller, standard front mount only managed 20psi 1.2bar and then it started leaning out, need a computer upgrade, and that 130kw at the wheels. I dunno if it can handle 3 bars mate but I know 2 bars easy.<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: 323 vs pulsar gti

the pulsar GTiR is quite a nice car and very quick aswell but i have yet to find one that can beat my Familia GT-R.

21. Re: 323 vs pulsar gti

hi there,

I just joined......

I agree, there aint gonna be many Pusar GTiR, that will be able to 'kick' a gtr away.
    Trust me, I used to own a Nissan Pulsar GTiR, which was quite modded.
    I could race many cars, but one day a Little mazda familia GTR came along and absolutely 'blew' me away. I just couldnt keep up with it.

I usually could give an EVO5/6 a good race, depending on the driver, but this little mazda gave me no chance....it was 'Taking off'
    I have seen a Mazda GTR blow away supras , skylines, evos, gtirs( about 30 different ones )and they are quick i must say.

Since then I sold my GTiR, and have just imported a MAzda Familia GTR. I think its them IHI turbo's , am I right??
    If you cant beat em, join em ;-)

Peace
    Zinedene

22. Re: 323 vs pulsar gti

Maybe the 323 Famili is a lot lighter than the pulsar GTiR, they are rare..only 2 to 3 Pulsar GTiR exists in my country, not too sure about the mazda though. When highly tuned, the GTiR kicks some serious ass!<!-- Signature -->

23. Familia GTR Vs Nissan GTiR GTR will win

The Mazda GTR will rip the Nissan GTiR

The Specs are wrong, The disc brakes are not 15 inches, though I wish it was, there like 11 inches only back and rear, that is a miss print and the Power is like 210hp, or 156kw
    My Familia GTR is 320Hp<!-- Signature -->

24. I never new that Mazda made hatchbacks in 92.

25. Re: Never hear of 323

they did, but i'm pretty sure they were only in japan