New 0-100-0 Production Vehicle Record Set By..

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by 84FordMan, Sep 11, 2004.

1. The Ultima GTR 640. Smashing the Caterham R500 by a half second and the McLaren F1 by a full second. 0-100-0 was accomplished in 10.3 seconds. This occured in the latter half of August but saw no one mention it. Ultima factory also broke their previous 0-60 and 0-100 records in the car, dropping 0-60 down to 2.8 and 0-100 to 5.8.

All testing was done on road tires, no slicks or drag radials needed to apply, and was done under wet conditions. The owner of this particular 640 and Ultima factory want to smash the 0-200-0 record and 1/4 mile time records for production cars.

2. yes, I saw this awhile back. Theyre using the awesome optional 640 horsepower Chevy V8 in this one. It turns this light car into a slingshot.

Although....with proper hookup I think the McLaren F1LM is still capable of coming relatively close. They had a #%[email protected] of a time getting the LM going without smoking the tires wildly and only achieved 0-60 mph in 4.0 seconds in that record. Thats not good enough to call it final as far as im concerned.

WHat kind of tires did this Ultima GTR have on anyway?

Does anyone agree that the F50 GT1 would be ok at this? Id love to see and hear that.

3. #3 Orange F1LM, Sep 11, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  4. It probably would have been a lot quicker if the left rear tire didnt lock up when he was braking. Anyone notice the flames out the exhaust after he was stopped?

5. I open a new thread on this record in the European Car forum. As there were a lot of debate over the Dauer 962 taking the crown. But all of it was just speculations. What a laugh...

It shouldn't be a problem for the GTR 640 to achieve 0-60 in 2.5 seconds and 0-100 in 5.5 seconds if they were running the test on a grippier surface. If it's on tarmac rather than concrete then it'll definitely break the current record runs.

I'm looking forward to the 0-200mph-0, 1/4 mile, and around tracks... I would like to see the GTR challenging the SR3 track records. I'm still saving up a bit to put an order down for the kit. Hopefully, DC will have an Ultima GTR owner within a year or so.

6. Boy, it would be great if they could get 0-100mph-0 below 10 seconds. That would put the record in Ultima Ltd's hands for acouple of years. The times could definitely be improved... Braking, gear change, and standing start could be improved. Moreover, on a grippy and dry surface, it could be high 9s.

I run a Ultima cars video site. I have over 30 videos of Ultma cars ranging from the Ultima Sport to the GTR. I even have one with the GTR overtaking a Ferrari F50. The owner of the F50 mentioned that he had a hard time keeping up with the GTR. It's not even the GTR 640. Awesome, awesome car!

7. Ultimas RULE!
    Ultimas= Saleen S7 killer!