New All-Wheel-Drive Jaguar F-TYPE R

Discussion in 'European Cars' started by V8stangman, Nov 6, 2014.

1. #1 V8stangman, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Jaguar Bringing All-Wheel-Drive F-Type To LA Auto Show

Jaguar's big splash at last year's Los Angeles Auto Show was showing off the slinky F-Type Coupe; perhaps one of the loveliest car shapes on the road today. This year the company won't have a show-stopping new design to offer, but the news that all-wheel drive is coming to the F-Type range is, nevertheless, pretty spectacular.

Mixed in with news about a technical partnership between Jaguar and the Bloodhound SSC World Land Speed Record program, the British brand announced this morning that it will show the first AWD F-Type Coupe at the 2014 LA show later this month.

Jaguar tells us that the sure-footed cat, in AWD F-Type R Coupe form, will run from 0-60 miles per hour (0-96 km/h) in just 3.9 seconds, with a limited top speed of 186 mph (300 km/h).

We're told that emphasis was placed on maintaining the car's "engaging rear-drive character," while offering, "blisteringly fast performance" in all weather conditions. While that last bit seems to indicate that the AWD system will be a coupe-first proposition, the press release goes on to mention that the F-Type range will grow from six current variations to 14, in 2015. By our math, that means that some AWD convertibles must be in the cards.

http://ca.autoblog.com/2014/11/06/jaguar-f-type-coupe-all-wheel-drive-la-official/

2. if they make a 4 seater version this will be serious competition for the Ferrari FF.

3. New F-Type is my favorite Jag in a really really long time.

4. you know what??

it looks exquisite in photos....but i dunno....IRL......

5. I would not want to work on one of these

6. Are you going to?

7. in the future I may have to.

8. You're paid to work on cars, you won't have a choice.

9. I know but certain cars I just can't say no to working on and this may end up being one of them

10. Here is a video of the R AWD :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfIuJemIK4w