New Enzo - F70

Discussion in 'European Cars' started by jnestory, Nov 25, 2009.

1. You're a retard.

2. Unlimited production? Shut up.

3. What it should be:

N/A V16 1000hp

1000kg

0-100km/h in 2.4 seconds

topspeed: 260mph

4. 288 GTO??

5. i'd say V20 3000 HP

300 kg

0-100km/h in 0.5 seconds

topspeed 400mph

6. are you 15 years old?

7. More like 8.

8. ill just wait for my input until i see it IRL

10. Love to see a V12 or V10 with 700 HP

11. My guess is it will be roughly the the same size and weight as the F40, considering they are very serious about keeping weight down on their next flagship. With new technologies and more advanced materials available nowdays they should be able to make a high tech hypercar as light as a low tech toy.

12. The materials arent all that much more advanced, and they have safety regulations that kick things in the nuts. Air bags, crumple zones, pedestrian safety, etc all mean weight.

there is also a much higher standard for build quality, reliability, and reasonable comfort with todays supercars.

high tech usually equals high weight in the automotive world.

13. I guess they would just have to shrink its size. The Enzo would be much lighter if it has the same exterior dimensions as the F40. The Enzo is light for its size, but it's a huge car.

A turbo V8 would most likely weigh less than a NA V12.

14. I'd also like to see them use the engine and transmission as a structural part of the chassis again as in the F50, that would save some weight but I doubt it would happen. More likely the engine will be mounted in a separate subframe as in the Enzo.

15. It might be a V12, but V10 would make no sense at all....
    700 Hp is realistic I beleive.

16. theres a reason cars have gotten bigger. big footprint helps weight transfer, safety, comfort, can help with aero, etc. small cars have a heck of a time passing pedestrian safety regs.

and what makes you think that? Turbos, intercoolers, etc are heavy. might be able to save a shade, but it wouldnt be a huge difference.

17. theres a reason cars have gotten bigger. big footprint helps weight transfer, safety, comfort, can help with aero, etc. small cars have a heck of a time passing pedestrian safety regs.

and what makes you think that? Turbos, intercoolers, etc are heavy. might be able to save a shade, but it wouldnt be a huge difference.

18. The idea of a Twin Turbo V8 like the one in the F40 sounds good these days.
    Every normal manufactures is building smal turbo engines (VW, Fiat...) whit a high power output.

BUT !!!! IMO and in the Opinion of enzo Ferrari the best engine is and will always be a NA V12.

19. Pffft, 4 Кузнецов engines, 245 kN each,

110 000 kg

0-100km/h in 5~ish seconds

topspeed 2220 km/h

several megatons worth of ordnance

Best ferrari ever!

20. First off its not going to look like that.

Secondly its probably going to be a V12 with 800 HP. Remember the
    FXX's engine puts out 850 hp. The road version of the FX70 will probably have less.

I don't believe Ferrari is going to go twin turbo V8 for this car even though a twin is being developed. Its been rumors that Ferrari is planning on releasing 2 new supercars for the first time.

Supposedly they want to do a V12 traditionally like they've done with the F50 & Enzo & they may also start a hypercar V8 edition to throw down the gauntlet in the V8/V10 class of cars.

21. That kind of "membrane" aerodynamics isn't feasable on 300+km/h cars. Exactly cause membranes deform under charge, i.e., airflow. You'd have varying downforce loads depending on speed, wind direction, spoiler positioning, straight line vs. corner. If you check motorsports, you'll understand any kind of aerodynamic downforce is always given by a solid piece with which you can forget the variations of material deformation under load. And BTW, I think you were refering to the BMW GINA concept...

Anyway, the rendering is pure sillyness. If they're going the aerodynamic / lightweight path, that front goes against it right there. The 4-taillight motif is still the best. These last 2-light desings are disastrous. Best looking Ferrari rears have always been with 4 lights.

Variable-vane twin-turbo small V8 is the solution I'm betting they will arrange to drop weight and emissions. And I don't think it will pass the 700hp.

23. PLEASE tell me you have a large version of that avatar and where I can find it. i've been looking for a picture like that to put on my credit card....

24. Moose