New Grand Prix for NASCAR?

Discussion in '2002 Pontiac Grand Prix G-Force Concept' started by avsfan21, Aug 10, 2002.

1. It looks like the pics i have seen for he 2003 Grand Prix race car. I dont konw if its true, but thats what it looks like.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: New Grand Prix for NASCAR?

how can you watch NASCAR. i think it is soo bloody boring. going in circles for lke 8 hours at a time! doesn't it get boring. to me the best raicng on T.V is FIA World Rally. no competition.
    "real drivers turn both ways"

<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: New Grand Prix for NASCAR?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Sinister</i>
    <b>
    how can you watch NASCAR. i think it is soo bloody boring. going in circles for lke 8 hours at a time! doesn't it get boring. to me the best raicng on T.V is FIA World Rally. no competition.
    "real drivers turn both ways"

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Well in America, NASCAR is the most popular Motorsport around. I feel manly becaues of the drivers or the sponsors. In America NASCAR sells out at every race unlike IRL, CART,F1,SCCA, etc.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: New Grand Prix for NASCAR?

My cable company doesn't offer the Speed Channel, so NASCAR is about the only racing that is ever on besides the occasional IRL race. Where else are you going to see Grand Prix's, Monte Carlo's, and Taurus's with 715HP?<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: New Grand Prix for NASCAR?

LOL..das true man, but the thing is the cars underneath the skins have nothing to do with the original car it was named after.
    They all run on customized frames, and V8 engines, and suspension.
    Only thing common with the road car is the damned badging =P

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: New Grand Prix for NASCAR?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Primer</i>
    <b>My cable company doesn't offer the Speed Channel, so NASCAR is about the only racing that is ever on besides the occasional IRL race. Where else are you going to see Grand Prix's, Monte Carlo's, and Taurus's with 715HP?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Explain these Nascars to me? Are they using the same engine offered in the production model? Are the cars still FWD or are they RWD?
    Rally often gets as boring as Nascar becuase they are just timed while Nascar racers are competing at once. The best to watch is either British Car touring, or GT. <!-- Signature -->

7. Re: New Grand Prix for NASCAR?

NASCAR cars only look like the street cars on the outside. They have naturally aspirated V8s & RWD, & run on 108 octane fuel.

8. Re: New Grand Prix for NASCAR?

No kidding. Most of the people that watch NASCAR don't realise that there is absolutely nothing stock on a NASCAR car. They seem to think their cars are the same as the ones used in NASCAR.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: New Grand Prix for NASCAR?

First off... bloody boy is treading on thin ice. He obviously knows nothing about racing, of any type.. and I could out drive him any day anywhere..(heh heh) Jarret and Wallace would play baseball with that guys nuts.

Second.. GM ain't puting that body style on the track.. thats a lame idea. Try a body style simular to the Holden Commodore, by which the new Pontiac Grand Am may be based upon. Look for the Monte Carlo and Grand Prix to look more Dodgeish and Forsih on the track.. since they turn over the high numbers. Even though this car does look nice, it doesn't solve the current problem GM has on the track. They're still too square, as you can see by the body style..(which they have to follow). It sometimes appears Pontiac and Chevy look a bit dated on the track. I doubt the Grand Am/Grand Prix will impress till we see higher torque, and HP numbers above 300.<!-- Signature -->