New MX-6?

Discussion in '1996 Mazda RX-01 Concept' started by 84 Rotary, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Mazda has been saying that they want to introduce a whole new line of rotary powered cars based off variations of the new RENESIS engine to the USA starting with the 2003 RX-8. They say we will also be getting the next gen RX-7 that will be faster and more expensive than the last. Two other possibilities I have herd about would be a rotary powered Miata and a new rotary powered MX-6. I think that if they put a 200hp motor in the RX-01 body it would make the perfect affordable sports car. Just look at it, it's beautiful!!!!

2. Re: New MX-6?

yeah it looks beautiful but remember it was displayed in '96, soon after the RX-7 was dropped of the US line up, this car hinted at the next RX-7 according to Mazda back then, but maybe it was just a shell carrying a new gen wankel engine... which is what really counts in this concept.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: New MX-6?

hands up!!!!....
    rotary rules!!!....

4. Re: New MX-6?

Hell why not!!! Got to love this car looks although the HP lacks
    there is nothing a turbo cant fix?
    And a 6-Speed Close Ratio Gearbox will be a big bones but not needed
    60 comes up fast enough eh?

Aint got a Rotor? Ya Dont have a Motor ???

5. Re: New MX-6?

The HP may be low, but it did the quarter mile in low 14's.

6. Re: New MX-6?

its got its weight and probly some very quick gearing.
    would make for a kickass autocross car.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: New MX-6?

i think putting a rotary engine in a miata would be perfect to start up a rotary trend in america. and by putting it in a miata it would be easily affordable for most consumers.

8. Re: New MX-6?

I think this unintentionally became a prelude to the RX-8.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: New MX-6?

Rotary Rules!!

Too bad a car with a v8 will waste it.

hahahahaha<!-- Signature -->