Next-gen Dodge Viper news

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by V8stangman, Dec 1, 2011.

1. I don't really like the front, but the rear, and the side profile are pretty awesome. the black centre piece makes it look so much better.

2. Same. Hood and front fascia just don't look good together to me for some reason. The rest is bang on.

3. I want to see it in the black with silver stripes paint job I put on mine in Forza, which was my favorite since the original GTS.

4. From the front, I keep seeing FORD.

5. Photoshops...

6. A couple of other ACR photoshops done by 'ArnarFB' on the Viper boards..

8. From SRT's facebook page...

9. racing stripes means its fast

10. #410 Got BOOST?, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    These renders appeared on the Drive SRT and the SRT Viper facebook pages last night. If this is the scheme that they go with, I'll be disappointed. They have used the Corvette C5R yellow for a start and has absolutely no link to the previous generations of GTS-R's. I was really hoping for a Red / White combination, oh well.

The 2013 SRT Viper GTS-R makes its first race start in the American Le Mans Series during the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Challenge, August 2-4, 2012.

11. typical american body panel fitment

12. #412 Gunman, Jul 14, 2012
    Livery is based on the sponsors to some degree, Penzoil yellow, in the case of the 93 car, and Forza blue for the 91.

13. Those liveries are terrible.

Oreca Red/White or nothing.

14. Tommy Kendall has come out of retirement to drive one of the GTS-R Vipers. Heck of a nice guy, and still fast!

15. Dear lord, Blue / White!!!!!! The red Viper with black rims is the track package.

16. This Viper looks better w/o the stripes.

17. I think the only attractive stripes on the car are the traditional skunk stripes. I look at all the other photoshops of the ACR two tone and other stripe combinations and they all look like shit. The car has enough going on that it certainly doesn't need them, but the old GTS stripes fit it perfectly, IMO at least.

18. The livery looks better here than the render at least.

19. dfgsdfgsdfg

20. '';!--"=&{()}'';!--"=&

21. ghfghfgh

23. I changed my mind about the front end. I think it looks fantastic.

24. #424 V8stangman, Aug 16, 2012
    2013 Viper GTS Launch Edition Unveiled

Drawing inspiration from the past Viper Coupe, the 2013 SRT Viper Launch Edition will be officially unveiled to the public at this weekends festivities in Monterey as part of “The Quail: A Motorsports Gathering” event.

Color is the most noticeable throwback to Viper Coupes of the past, with the new GTS Launch Edition debuting in GTS blue paint and dual bright white stripes that run the length of the car, completing the classic Viper look that was also featured when the car launched in 1996 and again in 2006. The car will have a limited production run, and each one will be fitted with a serialized dash plaque for added collectability.

Besides the paint job, the Viper GTS Launch Edition gets deep-section design, five-spoke polished forged-aluminum wheels, “stryker” logo with unique blue background, black Laguna leather with contrast stitching throughout the cabin and Alcantara covered headliner.

Under the hood resides the same 8.4-liter V10 powerplant as the standard viper which delivers 640 hp and 600 lb-ft of torque.

“Designed with Viper loyalists in mind, the 2013 SRT Viper GTS Launch Edition model brings back the classic paint schemes that have adorned all previous Viper coupe launches to help us celebrate the return of our brand’s flagship performance machine to the supercar market,” said Ralph Gilles, president and CEO of SRT.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/08/2013-viper-gts-launch-edition-unveiled.html

25. Not bad, but the late 90's GTS looks best in that trim.