Next-Gen Skyline GT-R (R36 GT-R) Info

Discussion in 'Asian Forums' started by Dcepticon, Dec 7, 2004.

1. V people V35/V36 not r. r series has been retired.

2. It shouldn't have been though. I loved them! Oh well I just hope Nissan doesn't screw up... hell. they won't. that car sounds awesome! I still think they should have stuck with the ATTESA-ETS though. and the super- HICAS. Go R34!

3. The R33 was an "R".

Don't quote my post if you're speaking to someone else.

4. ...or if you don't know what you're talking about.

5. oi, r series(ie. rb engines, drivetrains) INCLUDES r32 r33 r34 GT-Rs. next GT-R = v series(ie. vq engines/drivetrains)

6. #31 HPIs rule, Dec 8, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    its e-4wd now e-4WD... thats the replacement for ATESSA. Basically, the e-4WD system comes in the moment traction is lost in the rear wheels, with torque bias always to the rear. The timing, torque allowance etc is all finely tuned to assist cornering and turn-in. This really is the next phase of performance 4WD engineering. The front motor is supplied power by a Lithium battery which is recharged by a generator feeding off the VQ32DETT. My Japanese ability isn't that good, but I believe the motor-assisted turbos are fed from the Lithium battery aswell. by rezz http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46487

for more info on skline updates
    http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80

7. The people who are engineering and testing are the same...

8. How old is the 996 Turbo now?

9. You quoted the wrong person. He didn't say anything about the new GTR being an R## or V##.

10. actually no i didn't:

Quote from BoredUpR32
    The R33 was an "R".

Don't quote my post if you're speaking to someone else.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oi, r series(ie. rb engines, drivetrains) INCLUDES r32 r33 r34 GT-Rs. next GT-R = v series(ie. vq engines/drivetrains)

when i said r series being retired i was speaking to everyone in general. new engine, drivetrain = new code/series

11. You shouldn't have quoted BoredUpR32.

12. Beat it in what? Making a couple more horses? So?

Good God. Aussie magazines have really gotten to you with their "Horsepower is everything" crap haven't they?

13. January's R&T is saying 450hp and $70,000US

14. What does a 911 Turbo retail for?

15. List is like $115,000 I think.

16. You obvously don't read many Aussie car magazines if YOU think that THEY think "Horsepower is everything". You git.

17. No, you're right. I stopped a long time ago after getting sick of their "OMG Holden addz another 40kw!!~@" cover stories.

18. That is what sells the magazines. All of the articles aren't like that.

19. VQ... Not much more room to improve the power on it. Any more power then 500HP and that block is going to strain. Should be good to see what its going to look like...

20. I don't think you're correct. I'm 90% sure it can make it past 500 whp without internal block modification. You can see the stress exerted on the engine in the JGTC, where it has been the premier engine for a few seasons now.

21. Don't "oi" at me.

I'm not your kid, or your wife. I showed no disrespect to you, and I expect the same in return.

22. Supposed the RX-7, Supra and GT-R are all making a return in 2007.

*Must win the lottery by then*

23. dont nissan take a different route around the 'ring to porsche?

24. No.