Nice but im not crazy about the color.

Discussion in '2003 Chevrolet Corvette 50th Anniversary' started by BMW Fan 356, Sep 9, 2002.

1. I think all 50th anaversary vettes should be all white with a red interior like or red with a white interior like the 1953s. Who else agrees?

2. Re: Nice but im not crazy about the color.

i think that corvettes should get away from those played out flip up lights. dem shits are so late 80's, early 90's.

3. Re: Nice but im not crazy about the color.

i think that corvettes should get away from those played out flip up lights. dem shits are so late 80's, early 90's.

4. Re: Nice but im not crazy about the color.

Yeah but thats what the aftermarket is for.

5. Re: Nice but im not crazy about the color.

only 2 cars have pop up lights now days. Vette and lotus Esprit. both should change.

6. Re: Nice but im not crazy about the color.

Yeah, the name of the company is Breathless Performance. They sell non pop up conversionm kits for the C4 and C5. Kinda look like the C5-R lights.

7. #7 corvettefanatic, Jan 26, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Nice but im not crazy about the color.

I totally agree. I saw a concept built by Magna, that used a body that looked like the '53 Vette, white with red leather, based on the current roadster. Kind of like the retro look used by the T-bird and New Beetle, looks old, but is totally new. In a perfect world, THAT should have been the 50th Anniversary model, but we dont live in a perfect world, so I guess we have to make do with what we have.

You can read about it at www.steveparker.com/images/2003AnniversaryVette.htm

8. Re: Nice but im not crazy about the color.

I've seen this car up close. It's a really nice colour combo, the new interior is stunning, but this paint NEEDS bright sunlight to look good, in the shade or at night, it fades to an almost brownish red colour-not nice. Also, it's too close to the colour used on the 1993 40th model. Thet should have gone white on red, like the original.

9. Re: Nice but im not crazy about the color.

Dude, you are absolutely right...It SHOULD be Polo white with a Sportsman red interior just like the origional '53, but every specail eddition has been differnt since the cars introduction. I think they wanted it to be similar to the 1993 40th Anniversay Vette, but different at the same time. Its not like the 25th Anniversay job would have went over that well either...

10. Re: Nice but im not crazy about the color.

screw the colour. even with those pop up lights imo its the best (modern) vette model.

11. Re: Nice but im not crazy about the color.

i think its a kool color and i luv the lights. but the only reason sum1 will pay so much for this car is that its gonna be worth more than $500k in bout 20 years, only if u keep the milage 2 a min.

12. Re: Nice but im not crazy about the color.

Yeah but the 2005 C6 is getting rid of the flip ups, so stop whining.