nice but it CAN NOT compete with its european rivals

Discussion in '2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06' started by Bigblockbrawler, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: nice but it CAN NOT compete with its european rivals

uh, sorry to say, but the Z06 has no direct rivals.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: nice but it CAN NOT compete with its european rivals

I think European handling is WAY overrated. I mean, sure it's great when you get into the $150+ price range, but I think all the other cars aren't any better. Also, most European cars under 100 grand, with the exception of the Tuscan Speed Six, have pretty bland sytling. Furthermore, I think most of the exotics are overrated and this car could outhandle and out accelerate the majority of them.

3. Re: nice but it CAN NOT compete with its european rivals

european makers are too proud of themselves! tha is the point!

4. Re: nice but it CAN NOT compete with its european rivals

Well, I think that someone didn't read the whole article, especially the conclusion where R&T rated the 911 Turbo above the ZO6, ooops!

The article really stated the obvious, Europe and Japan makes better HANDLING cars than American. Notice that I didn't say better cars but better handling cars.

And I'm very happy for you Americans, now that it seems that the Lotus Elise will arrive to the American shores!

5. Re: nice but it CAN NOT compete with its european rivals

well this car can't beat the Jaguar XKR Trans AM, thats for sure.
    But i forgot, it's a difference class, but yet again, not even the C5 can beat it.
    Granted, the XKR isn't fully European. Does have the Chevy Kiling 6.3L Mustang engine though.
    Then there is also the Jaguar XJ220 TWR which beats the Z06 on virtually on all stats. Perhaps maybe handling. But the XJ220 has a simple 3.5L 6 engine.
    imagine the equvilant to a v12. That, is seen in the Ford GT90 prototype btw.
    The Z06 is a cool car. Is it the best there is in the world, by far no. Is it worth its price, by far yes.

6. Re: nice but it CAN NOT compete with its european rivals

i agree.

7. Re: nice but it CAN NOT compete with its european rivals

extremellllllllllllllllllllllllllllly well said

8. Re: nice but it CAN NOT compete with its european rivals

You can't compare the XJ220 to this car!! That is a TRUE exotic and costs like 250 grand right?? That was one of the few quality cars I think to come out of Jaguar. Being baught by Ford dosen't make me trust the brand more at all.

I don't think anyone is arguing that there aren't ANY better cars out there, but rather that this car WILL kill nearly all European cars up to a certain price.

9. Re: nice but it CAN NOT compete with its european rivals

Right , but on a twisty track , the Elise 190 kills it.

10. Re: nice but it CAN NOT compete with its european rivals

you cannot compare this car to european supercars because it sure just exceeds them.... The C5 Corvette is an extremely well built car, And the performance could easaly take out alot of 6 figured european cars. especially where i live, there are not many porsche, BMW, or Mercedes delerships, and they charge an arm and a leg for repairs, but we have a chevrolet dealer on ever corner street so you know you would have no trouble finding parts or getting the car repaired for a decent price.

11. Re: nice but it CAN NOT compete with its european rivals

CarandDriver did that testing.

12. Re: nice but it CAN NOT compete with its european rivals

Bull shit this thing will rock any bmw the M roadster give me a break espically the anevesiary edition with even more power. This will rock and amg roadster and it's cheaper this thing out guns euorpe not only in power but in price and nothin sounds better then a natural v8.

13. Re: nice but it CAN NOT compete with its european rivals

ok fool who says it can't compete w/ european cars, and you talk about track times, thats only why theres is a corvette in la mans. and its the top in its class. and let me tell you your european cars wouldn't be able to keep up with it at the strip. these Z06's run low 12's. the only car that i am impressed with thats european ar the lambo's and the mclaren. thats it. but another thing there not in its class. put anything up in its class and it will smoke it at the track or the strip. you name it, it has it all

14. Re: nice but it CAN NOT compete with its european rivals

In response to people saying that the lingenfelter corvette tt will be beat by a TVR: Don't come to that conclusion so fast, ever seen one race against a TVR? What the lingen may lack in dynamic ability, it will more than make uup in brute power.

15. Re: nice but it CAN NOT compete with its european rivals

excatly and 725hp with 427ci with more than 795 lbs/ft of torque that means somethin'.

16. Re: nice but it CAN NOT compete with its european rivals

I am going to say this for the last time so please read carefully...
    YOU CANNOT COMPARE A $50,000 DOLLAR CAR TO A $115,000 OR $150,000 DOLLAR CAR!!!

17. Re: nice but it CAN NOT compete with its european rivals

HEY MAN I WAS SPEAKIN' OF THE LINGENFELTER STAGE 2 VETTE

18. Re: nice but it CAN NOT compete with its european rivals

No I'm not talking about you...Others who think a 50K dollar car can stand a 115K and a 150K dollar car. The Z06 is no doubt execellent but come on its just not fair for the Z06...If you want to compare a Z06 to something compare it to the SVT Cobra or something close to its price range.

19. Re: nice but it CAN NOT compete with its european rivals

ok but a cobra is a limited production car, no?

20. Re: nice but it CAN NOT compete with its european rivals

I totally agree with the topic...oh, except for the "nice" bit.

21. Re: nice but it CAN NOT compete with its european rivals

I agree that SOME European cars can stomp all over the vette, but they are ina completely different class. The European cars in question are usually $100,ooo or more. You can't beat the hp per buck value of the Zo6.

22. Re: nice but it CAN NOT compete with its european rivals

Most European cars, even most of the $100,000+ cars, can't compete with the Vette. European cars are overated. THEY'RE gas guzzlers. Look at Ferraris. V12's that are lucky to get 15 mpg and most are lucky to match the Vette's performance. Reliability?? How many Ferraris or other European "supercars" actually have over 100,000 miles. M3's get worse mileage out of a six and have 120 less hp. That's just sad. Most advanced engine my.....