nice power, but why?

Discussion in '2002 Lincoln Continental Concept' started by MuscleCarNut, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: nice power, but why?

They are not 19" or 20" wheels, they are 22" wheels.<!-- Signature -->

2. It has 400+hp but why would they put it into a body like that?
    It looks nice, but it is a luxury car, it doesn't need the power of a great sports car. Also it has a six speed auto, not bashing it, I just think that it is odd to have a six speed auto.
    <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: nice power, but why?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from kw_killer</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from fordracing</i>
    <b>it also is the best engine for the choice in fords line up. what other engine could they put in it with 400+ ft lbs needed to move this boat? a turbodiesil? its also a very smooth engine, and i think its perfect for this car.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Quite true, just because it is not a sports car doesn't mean it cannot have a good engine.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

i agree<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: nice power, but why?

not htat much but the car deserves this engine for competition but id rather buy a BMW 760i individual

5. Re: nice power, but why?

hey dude that is a very cute topic u have n i will give u an asnwer for it too in 3 ways
    1. such cars are like a sheep in a wolf colthing they can be used in two ways fieest is as a luxery car n the second is like a part time sports car. n such cars have a lot of electronic gadgets too in them n other thing that increse the weight of the car so u need a v8 kind of an engine for it but then a v12 also does not hurt for that much money.(hehehehe......)
    2. secondly this is the same engine put in the aston-martin vanquish n it has to be used on a wider platform to make it more cheaper n economical to produce. so it is used out here too
    3. its a trend now a days that all top model cars have a v12 engine like kinda in fashion e.g. s-class has audi has it the maybach has it n so on n so forth i guess this will help clear ya dout any ways dude see ya bye
    abi:)

6. Re: nice power, but why?

yea abi, you got the right idea...this sure is a sweet car and the power is appropriate. also if u consider that when this car comes out (maybe 4 years?) then other companys will have developed production 12s that will make near 400 hp

7. Re: nice power, but why?

Since this is the most nonflaming thread, I will post here, the reason that it has such a large engine is it's size, this car is massive, it is the size of the old 70's land cruisers. The interior is extremely roomly and also is equiped with the latest in technology, I saw a preview of it on TV. Also, look at the displacement, 6.0L so it isn't like the old massive V8 + 4 cylinders so it isn't that bad.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: nice power, but why?

This thing is my American dream.
    This thing needs V12 at 400 hp cuz it weighs about 95 metric tonnes with all the shit it has not to mention to compete you need to stay current the V8 is getting old all luxo are going V12 bimmer mercs class leaders so to bite their profit you need to play their game.
    come on now 19" if not twinkies, auto suicide doors, tons of Ompf, bad ass PIMP Ride appeal, this thing will eat my Bimmers and im glad cuz bimmers are gonna hafta step up to compete. This Vs S600 Vs 760li now thats a comparo<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: nice power, but why?

Every car can have 400 bhp in my opinion.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: nice power, but why?

it also is the best engine for the choice in fords line up. what other engine could they put in it with 400+ ft lbs needed to move this boat? a turbodiesil? its also a very smooth engine, and i think its perfect for this car.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: nice power, but why?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from fordracing</i>
    <b>it also is the best engine for the choice in fords line up. what other engine could they put in it with 400+ ft lbs needed to move this boat? a turbodiesil? its also a very smooth engine, and i think its perfect for this car.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Quite true, just because it is not a sports car doesn't mean it cannot have a good engine.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: nice power, but why?

You do have a point that you need a lot of power to make this shit box move but i don't think i would want to buy one. It makes it seem like you are in a rush to get to church.<!-- Signature -->