NICE, put sum hydros in thei and u pimpin

Discussion in '1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham' started by halliday_jeff, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: why all the old cars?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FeLiX93</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sniper</i>
    <b>Indeed, but would that be sold? I mean, you don't see chrome anymore on today's cars... Yes maybe a Mercedes (the grille and so one). But I can't find another brand instantly wich still uses chrome.
    It would be nice if you could make rims of it. They probably would be lighter and stronger then regular chrome.
    But hell, we are dreaming...

keep the faith </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Well, it would definetly suit the new "old" cars (i.e. the Belair, and the Ford 49-which has utilized the style perfect!!) Those cars can't call themselves the classics reborn, without some chrome highlights. Mercedes does it well, as does BMW (with their grilles and all..) and even the CLK GTR - a purebred lemans racer if you ask me; still has the classic elagency of the company's roots. Its tradition, and should never dissapear.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->that is a nice remark!<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: why all the old cars?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sniper</i>
    <b>All those who appreciate real fine engineering will agree with me. Anyone who looks beyond all the steel and chrome on this Caddy, and really understands the car, and thinks about it history, will agree with me/us.

keep the faith</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->All the way.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: why all the old cars?

these old beauties belong to our car culture we shouldn't forget them<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: why all the old cars?

Yeah, but the new models (49', the Belair...) they aren't on my favorite list. They just don't have..."IT".<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: why all the old cars?

nice models you like.but the 59 cad is better.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: why all the old cars?

this caddy rules.

7. Re: NICE, put sum hydros in thei and u pimpin

Anyone who puts hydrolics on an old classic does not intend on putting ground effects on it! What the #$%#?

And #$%# this ghetto guy bashing! I'm sick of it. I don't like hydros at all! But I'm not going to claim these kids who talk foolishness are from the ghetto when I have no proof of it.

Theywant you to think there from the ghetto with there remarks.
    You don't know if there gangsters or ghetto guys. There probably some white suburban kid from wyoming that want you to think there ghetto kids. Stop giving them what they want.

8. Re: NICE, put sum hydros in thei and u pimpin

this car is beautiful so it doesn't any mods and hydros.

9. Re: NICE, put sum hydros in thei and u pimpin

it doesn't need any mods or hydros, let's keep it stock.

10. Re: NICE, put sum hydros in thei and u pimpin

were ya talking to me man?

11. Re: Designed in 54, but made in 57, damn they even knew it sucke

Gotta love the old Caddy's! In their day, they were the kings of Luxury. Right now, I have a Land Yacht version ('86 Fleetwood Brougham) that is heir to the great tradition of the big cars of that era. I will have a '50s-'60s version one day! (of course, it probably won't come as cheap as the $500 I paid for this huge daily driver...)

12. Re: Designed in 54, but made in 57, damn they even knew it sucke

one of my favorite caddy was the eldo 70 with 500 ci engine, it was the best personal car eva built i like the 57 eldo brougham and the 59 eldo biarritz too

13. Re: Designed in 54, but made in 57, damn they even knew it sucke

someones a bit stupid thats an extremely beautiful car and not too many cars have that much horsepower these days out of the whole lot of automobiles one can buy. sure, it cost more than a rolls but it was worth it

14. Re: Designed in 54, but made in 57, damn they even knew it sucke

Man what are you on because you have no taste. this car is elagant all crome steel oh yeah and a V-8 you know what a V-8 is don't you.

15. Re: more hp than your....

325 bhp = easily achievable by Toyota and Nissan.

16. Re: Designed in 54, but made in 57, damn they even knew it sucke

caddy 's 57-59 cars are among the best caddies eva made.

17. Re: NICE, put sum hydros in thei and u pimpin

I'm with you, this classic shouldn't be tampered with. I would only put hydros and 18" Daytons on a 1979 De Ville, or a 1992 Brougham or any Cadillac from 1972-up.

18. Re: NICE, put sum hydros in thei and u pimpin

How about the car can stay like this because this car will look like shit if you put shit on it like rims and "Hydros". If you can look at that picture and see "Hydros" I think your just a little weird.

19. Re: NICE, put sum hydros in thei and u pimpin

TRADIN FOR 57 ROGER MOORE SIGNED THE INSIDE DASH SAYING CONGRATULATIONS DUNHAMCOACH WELLDONE RESPECFULLY ROGER MOORE RARE CLASSIC COACH 2DOOR-3WINDOWS BACKSPLIT CUSTOM COUPE BOUGHT FROM SECOND OWNER WHO HAD IT STORED IN BARN HAVE PUT A LOT OF TIME AND MONEY INTO RESTORING THE CAR IT DOES NOT HAVE EVER BOLT ON EXCESSERY KNOWN TO MAN CLOSE : } IT IS ONE OF A KIND NERVER WINTER DRIVEN AND WAS STORED IN DRY HEATED GARAGE i have built a black box under the dash THIS SUMMER for a mp3 player a musical horns control pad a phone compartment - placed 200 watt amp under the dash hooked up tweeters midrange 4 speakers up front 4 speakers in back - sorry its the kid in me made car into rockbox - Dispelling the rumor of this car existing anywhere else in the world, the good word on the street is that it was destroyed in Delaware, years ago. Dunham has supplied cars for several movies including Superman, Fort Apache, The Bronx (Paul Newman) and others Two customized pimpmobiles in the movie -LIVE AND LET DIE ARE a 1971 Fleetwood Brougham in Gold AND MY CAR HERE A white Eldorado coupe First time that the Chevrolet Motor Division (General Motors) provided vehicles in a Bond film CAR HAS Soft Ray tinted glass; reclining front passenger seat;NEW REMINGTON L78-15-4PLY white sidewall tires; auxiliary horn; rear shoulder belts The car was registered to the Oh Cult Voodoo shop, and sat in the garage beside the shop.Licence plate 347 NDG Mr Bigs white Cadillac, often described as a Pimp Mobile The 1969 Eldorado was the third year of the first generation front wheel drive Eldo 3400 ORGINAL - ELVIS MITE HAVE OWNED IT - I JUST HAVE TO PROVE IT :}GILES