nice what do u guys think about it

Discussion in '2000 Bentley Continental R Millennium Edition' started by 95*vette4lif, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: nice what do u guys think about it

If you had enough money to even consider buying a Bentley you shouldn't have to worry about the price.

2. nice

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from zeemastaflex786</i>
    <b>i would have to say that i really do enjoy bently and all their cars.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

3. Re: nice what do u guys think about it

i dont think its worth that much money.

4. Re: nice what do u guys think about it

Fuckin Pimp mobile, if I had the extra cash, I would definitaly add this car to my collection.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: nice what do u guys think about it

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from GQPLAYA9</i>
    <b>its an awesome car, i know that if i had the money i would get it but not my first pick. i just think that if your paying 292,000 dollars for it it should be a bit faster..dont you think?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

This car wasnt made for speed, it was made for luxery, plus it already is fast, 0-60 in 6.0, thast fast for a car this big<!-- Signature -->

6. i think this car is off the hook. what do u think about it

7. Re: nice what do u guys think about it

its an awesome car, i know that if i had the money i would get it but not my first pick. i just think that if your paying 292,000 dollars for it it should be a bit faster..dont you think?

8. Re: nice what do u guys think about it

love to be seen in one of these , would be better if it was parked in front of my house.....

YYYYYYYYYMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

9. I think it looks nice

10. If performance is the issue, select one of the much faster Continental R cars such as the Continental R420 or Le Mans or the final California Edition. These cars have the wide body, the 420 horsepower engine with 649 lbs/feet torque (still a record for passenger cars). They will do 0-60 in a tick over 5 seconds and top out over 170. But that is not their real strength. Mid-range awesome power is their strength. Their 30-50, 50-70, and 70-130 times are blistering. Very few cars can keep up. And I really don't car if a car does 150 or 200 ... neither is safe on a public road ... although I did nudge my Continental R over 170 just to try it. It was still pulling, the computer shut me down. It is all about torque and these cars are easy to drive fast -- in fact if you don't keep a sharp eye on the speedometer you get in big trouble. I had a 2010 Vette that I loved to drive down the on-ramp at 30 mph until I hit the final yellow "merge" sign, and then punch, hitting the freeway at 80 or so. I thought that was fast. My first try in the Bentley felt no faster, maybe even felt slower ... and the speedo read 105 when I hit the freeway. The Vette would kill it from a stop light -- the Bentley is too heavy to get moving fast. Partly this is due to gearing as they could not find a transmission to handle 649 lbs/ft of torque without dropping the final diff ratio to 2.90. If they had a stronger transmission (it uses a GM truck transmission) and lower gears, watch out! Having said that, with traction control off it will tear up 285/45 R18 tires (very wide) with little trouble even with 5400 lbs sitting on them. But once you hit 30, very little can compete. I've tangled with Porsche, Mercedes, Vettes, Mustang Cobras, etc. -- I've never been embarrased. And it has the advantage of a beautiful interior, nice (but firm) ride, killer stereo, good back seats, brakes are OMG, all that leather ... and you never see another one, so it is unique.