Nissan R390 GT-1 vs. Ferrari F50 vs. Mercedes CLK GTR

Discussion in '1998 Nissan R390 GT1' started by Wheelman, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Re: Nissan R390 GT-1 vs. Ferrari F50 vs. Mercedes CLK GTR

"dude the CLK outruns this thing by a mile so power/weight ratio is pretty much insignificant look at an s2000 and a mustang, the s2000 has a way better ratio but the stang will WHIP on the r!ce rocket. given that i'd say that they handle about the same because the heavy cars that no one thinks handles well really surprise people"

HAHA, ya, a stock v6 mustang will WHIP a s2000 even though the s2000 has almost as much horsepower as a stock v6 mustang. Then you say, "given that i'd say that they handle about the same because the heavy cars that no one thinks handles well really surprise people". Wtf does that mean? Because of the power to weight ratio, you say they hangle the same? How the F U C K does that have anything to do with handling? Man, go back to 2nd grade where they teach you to think. And you might want to read your sig a few more times. Either that, or remove it.

2. Re: Nissan R390 GT-1 vs. Ferrari F50 vs. Mercedes CLK GTR

Talkin to me? Hope not. Some people actually do know what they're talking about and dont just act like it. Apparently you do. But calm down w/ the language - kids don't need to see it. And if you're only knockin what others have to say then don't talk. And btw heavier cars do have comparitively crappy handling (Lotus Elise vs. Corvette Z06 - close competition, Elise loses from relative lack of engine output)

Torque matters too, of which the S2000 has little in comparison to said mustang, but I'd like to see what you saw to make you think an S2000 would lose to a V6 mustang. the V6s have around 190 or so hp at peak, but don't lack torque (200 lb/ft or so), and out weigh the S200 by several hundred pounds. The new S2000s have a boosted 9 lb/ft, I think, and peak power available at lower rpm than the F1-like 8500 of the first-gen.

3. clk gtr 0-100mph in 5.7sec!!!!!!!!!!!!!! beat that

4. Ferrari F50 for me

5. You know nothing of cars The CLK GTR allm the way and it has DOZENS of championships both GT1 and Le Mans to prove it. The best this crap car EVER DID was 5th 6th and 7th at Le Mans one year

6. THE CLK GTR DOMINATES THEM BOTH EASY.