Nissan will kill off the GT-R and Silvia(240SX)

Discussion in '2001 Nissan GT-R Concept' started by w1628, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Nissan will kill off the GT-R and Silvia(240SX)

It better not...

2. I quote from the NZ Herald article :
    Z car fills Skyline gap
    A report from Japan says Nissan will kill off the GT-R and Silvia sports coupes in August because sales are sluggish and both cars do not meet new exhaust-emission regulations due to come into force in Japan in September.
    Nissan's new sporting flagship will be the all-new Z car.

another great hero gone...how sad....<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Nissan will kill off the GT-R and Silvia(240SX)

Oh well, its better they take it off if they make it look this bad and all other "R35 Skyline" concepts look shit aswell, the silvia however should not go, over here in AUS i see them ALOT especially S15s, a couple of S14s now and then and ALOT of S13s in modified mags, but i don't read em anymore so.....<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Nissan will kill off the GT-R and Silvia(240SX)

the skyline and silvia will return in 2004, the legend will live

5. Re: Nissan will kill off the GT-R and Silvia(240SX)

This car is great but not so great as the R34 because the R34 is much more like a real musclecar and this is more a sportscar. but it's still great.

6. Re: Nissan will kill off the GT-R and Silvia(240SX)

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from shypo</i>
    <b>the skyline and silvia will return in 2004, the legend will live</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I hope so.....I hope so....<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Nissan will kill off the GT-R and Silvia(240SX)

I had heard that the GT-R was going to stay while a more luxury type car was going to take the Skyline name. Plus, that picture is only a concept. The 350Z looked quite a bit different when the first concept came out. Now it looks awsome. I figure that the GT-R concept will change quite a bit before it's put into production. And the Silvia will definetly be back. The S15 is an awsome car. They'de be crazy to discountinue the Silvia. My bro drives a '95-'96 240sx, and it is great. If only the S15 made it to America. By the way, does anyone know why it never made it to america?

8. Re: Nissan will kill off the GT-R and Silvia(240SX)

cuz americans fear the power of the skyline and the 240s,I have a 95 240sx and it kicks ass man

9. Re: Nissan will kill off the GT-R and Silvia(240SX)

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from veilsided921</i>
    <b>I quote from the NZ Herald article :
    Z car fills Skyline gap
    A report from Japan says Nissan will kill off the GT-R and Silvia sports coupes in August because sales are sluggish and both cars do not meet new exhaust-emission regulations due to come into force in Japan in September.
    Nissan's new sporting flagship will be the all-new Z car.

another great hero gone...how sad....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Rule #1: Dont believe a thing the NZ Herald says.....honestly....that things about at truthful as the TV Truth or whatever that crap is called. Why would Nissan kill off the greatest supercar Japan has ever produced? I've read from many sources that the R35 is going to be aimed at Porsche 911 and the like. Nissan arent just going to kill off the GT-R. Why dont they just stop making cars altogether?

10. Re: Nissan will kill off the GT-R and Silvia(240SX)

IDIOTS! THE SKYLINE WILL NOT DIE. It already says there is a replacement in 2004. What is the point of killing it for a year. The Z is not going to last a year, Mainly because of it's atrocious styling. The 300ZX looked much better, and It had exposed amber turn lights Instead of those stupid clear turn signal's. Bring back the 300ZX! <!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Nissan will kill off the GT-R and Silvia(240SX)

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EAGLEF1</i>
    <b>IDIOTS! THE SKYLINE WILL NOT DIE. It already says there is a replacement in 2004. What is the point of killing it for a year. The Z is not going to last a year, Mainly because of it's atrocious styling. The 300ZX looked much better, and It had exposed amber turn lights Instead of those stupid clear turn signal's. Bring back the 300ZX! </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Like I said before, there will still be a Skyline, which is the G35. What used to be Skylines will just be called GT-R's. But the Silvia is gone, atleast for a few years. And the 350Z will do really well. That styling is different and is gonna change Nissan.

12. Re: Nissan will kill off the GT-R and Silvia(240SX)

theimportguy,
    The G35 or the V35. all official documentation I have seen, all rumours I have heard, all mags I have read say the V35 (Sedans are actually on sle now in Japan). The R-34 was to denote the RB series engine. The new gen skyline all carry VQ series engines, hence the V-35 skyline. So far non-turbos. My other understanding is that the V35 skyline will carry the VQ35DETT engine, and it will meat the emmisions controls and it is also expected to top the 208kw power restrictions. Supposedly. Nissan Motors are being very tight lipped

13. #13 Smeagol, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Nissan will kill off the GT-R and Silvia(240SX)

I'm afraid the Skyline bloodlines has been tainted by a monster named Carlos Ghosn. If you don't know this name, he is the big cheese who makes the decisions for Nissan.

I am quite angered by the outcome of the new R35. I don't care if they sell this one in the US. If I have the money, I'll still buy the imported R34 over the R35

You can find out more here
    http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/4_02_nis.htm

14. Re: Nissan will kill off the GT-R and Silvia(240SX)

both car will not be killed off. nissan is not stupid.

15. Re: Nissan will kill off the GT-R and Silvia(240SX)

The GT-R will not be killed off. It's just like Chevrolet saying they'll kill off the Corvette. Not gonna happen.

16. Re: Nissan will kill off the GT-R and Silvia(240SX)

Very interesting...

17. I heard a rumor that the new R35 will be based on the 350Z platform. I beleive it will also have a new turbocharged version of the VQ35 engine although the thing that i really wanna kno is if itll retain the same AWD(ATTESA)drivetrain as the R34!!!

18. Face the facts people, the GT-R as we know it won't be returning for a few years.
    There's rumours aplenty floating around about VQ35's and TT's and all that, but there will be no twin - turbo 4WD skylines for a few years.fact.