Nitrous Oxide?

Discussion in '2000 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Concept' started by fordgt90concept, Jan 2, 2003.

1. This car don't look like it could fit a 572 cubic inch engine in it and the tires don't look fit to handle the weight. I wander if N2O is involved in this car.

2. Re: Nitrous Oxide?

LOL. fordgt90concept i hope you read that one because hes got a good point. i mean i'm not into all the american cars, but when i saw this thing my jaw dropped. i mean when u see the specs this car doen't look like it could take it, but i know the chevy can do anything and they did.

3. Re: Nitrous Oxide?

If you want me to believe it, show me a picture of the engine outside of the car right next to the car. I still don't see how you could fit an engine that big in a Camaro. Wasn't part of the reason why they discontinued production of the Camaro because they need more room in the engine compartment to put stuff. The cabin area was shrinking because they didn't have the room and would need to redesign it to make more of it. I just can't see a best of an engine like that fit into a car that small.

4. Re: Nitrous Oxide?

uh, no. Plus 572 cu. isn't that physically big.

Go to the chevy dealership and look at the difference between a crate 350 and a crate 502, not that much.

5. Re: Nitrous Oxide?

Own3d!

What I really appreciate is that you have the ability to write massively long paragraphs and unleash ULTIMATE ownage. That's a talent!

6. Re: Nitrous Oxide?

Sure, but i still think it is ugly.

7. Re: Nitrous Oxide?

Me = someone with a future not about to be ended by one of your lame attacks. I get picked on all over the place cause I hate chevrolet and like ford. None of them have changed my mind and it is completely impossible for you to do it also so don't try. Chevrolet needs to scrap all their designs and start from scratch like ford did with their trucks (going on the second time in 2004/2005). It is still, and always will be ugly in my eyes.

8. Re: Nitrous Oxide?

Me = someone with a future not about to be ended by one of your lame attacks. I get picked on all over the place cause I hate chevrolet and like ford. None of them have changed my mind and it is completely impossible for you to do it also so don't try. Chevrolet needs to scrap all their designs and start from scratch like ford did with their trucks (going on the second time in 2004/2005). It is still, and always will be ugly in my eyes.

9. Re: Nitrous Oxide?

I do see that it is possible and not denying that it happened. And BTW, what claims have I made? Where are these mistakes? I make no claims, i just asked for proof (which you provided) and posted other comments suggesting possibe reasons for its acceleration.

10. Re: Nitrous Oxide?

If this had NOS in it, it would get like a 900 horsepower rating.

11. Re: Nitrous Oxide?

Ford Rocks but your an insult.

12. Re: Nitrous Oxide?

OK, you burned the other dude, you had your glory, NOW SHUT IT. Everyone knows you have an obsession with this car. You've clearly demonstrated it to all who have entered this forum. Now go post about something else, or someone might get the impression that you have too much time on your hands.

13. Re: Nitrous Oxide?

OMG, don't even think of NOS, holy shit

14. Re: Nitrous Oxide?

sorry but it doesnt need no2

15. Re: Nitrous Oxide?

don't ask that stupid as question, just because it would stomp a Mustang anyday, even a stupid ass Saleen S351.

16. Re: Nitrous Oxide?

the BOSS mustang the was meant to compeat with this beat it in the quarter.

17. Re: Nitrous Oxide?

this car isnt that bad lookin of a car. if it actually did use noz, it would have the top alot higher. the car prob wont take a bigger engine unless u make the body a bit bigger. the tires could hold it all u need are betta tires. take it down a strip nd c how it does wit all tha added shit the compare it to the stock info nd tell me thast this cars data is not legit!!!!!

18. Re: Nitrous Oxide?

Well, I have to say that there isn't much room for the engine, but the cabin isn't that small either. Nitrous? 1) Eats at an engine and with that engine you'd have to be STUPID to install it. 2) Isn't needed.

19. Re: Nitrous Oxide?

Yo Fordgt90concept if all your gonna do is critcize then why dont you stay out of the chevt fourms.

FORD: found on road dead

20. Re: Nitrous Oxide?

i love the word use man its awsome...

21. Re: Nitrous Oxide?

it would not stomp a mustang, go read about the 1994 boss mustang that is on this site. and about the s351, of course the camaro would beat it, they aren't even close to being in the same category, why would you even compare them at all.

22. Re: Nitrous Oxide?

Lots of people have this problem. An engine's displacement does not completely determine the dimensions of the engine. The best example I can think of off the top of my head is the B18C, I think it's called, vs. whatever the RSX Type-S's engine is. Despite the RSX being 0.3L larger in displacement, the actual dimensions of the engine are less. And think about it, 570ci isn't that much space. The monitor you are reading this on is probably a great deal bigger than that. I think my monitor (one of those old-school, ginormous monitor is 12,000ci or so. Hell, even those new-fangled panelly screens probably take up near 500ci if they are near a decent viewable area. 572ci is only an 8.3inx8.3inx8.3in cube.

I doubt this used N2O. I've never actually yanked out the internals after a peak 1420, so I can't say for sure. But it would probably run in the 7-low8 area if it did.

23. Re: Nitrous Oxide?

hi

this car didn't use nos. it was a zl1 engine. the zl1 engine was the ultimate expression of chevy high performance engine.It was an all aluminium that was used for can am racing.This car has a 1150cfm carb, aluminium heads and other high perf components that made of it an awesome kick ass machine.

regards

426hemistage8

24. Re: Nitrous Oxide?

It doesn't need NOS because its not Asian or Ford.

25. Re: Nitrous Oxide?

you seem to forget the 1994 boss ford prototype which didn't use nos.
    it has 600ci + boss engine making more than 900hp.

regards

426hemistage8