No Chance!?

Discussion in '2002 MG EX257' started by Biturbos, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: No Chance!?

It gets roughly 400bhp, but the true strength of this car is that it weighs 675kg, making 400 bhp more than adequate.

2. Re: No Chance!?

It has more than 400hp.

This year thecar seems to be reliable , good for the suspens !

3. Re: No Chance!?

I've heard it has close to 550-hp and I really hope this car takes a podium position in The 24.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: No Chance!?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mclaren777</i>
    <b>I've heard it has close to 550-hp and I really hope this car takes a podium position in The 24.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

that's what I heard as well....they got better power to weight ratio than the 900 car....<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: No Chance!?

I hope this car and the Panoz's finally beat Audi and make them cry.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: No Chance!?

Hmmmmm.
    I'm sure this car will do very well.
    But the Panoz..I'm not so sure bout.
    Plus..aren;t Panoz running in a different class?
    Usually in GT1 right?

All I know is Panoz is sorta overweight, underpowered, handling is not too shabby though, but I hear they die from malfunctions alot.

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: No Chance!?

Strongest 4 cylinder i saw was Lancias 700+ hp engine 0-124=6.08 some rally car in Itally museum<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: No Chance!?

that'd be cool if they put that engine in the Integrale that would be awesome

9. Re: No Chance!?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lotec Gtr</i>
    <b>Strongest 4 cylinder i saw was Lancias 700+ hp engine 0-124=6.08 some rally car in Itally museum</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The most powerful version of the S4 developed 650hp.

10. Re: No Chance!?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lotec Gtr</i>
    <b>Strongest 4 cylinder i saw was Lancias 700+ hp engine 0-124=6.08 some rally car in Itally museum</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Umm Rod millens 1200hp TRD pikes peak tacoma had an inline four if I am not mistaken. Anyhow I would not mind seeing an MG Lola take a podium spot off the audis.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: No Chance!?

lol..TRD pikes peak is like quad turbo or like 2 50psi turbos and no restrictions whatsoever I think =P

As for the S4 it runs on a 2.7 Bi-turbo V6 if I remember correctly.

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: No Chance!?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SRB The Punisher</i>
    <b>lol..TRD pikes peak is like quad turbo or like 2 50psi turbos and no restrictions whatsoever I think =P

As for the S4 it runs on a 2.7 Bi-turbo V6 if I remember correctly.

DA PUN</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

It's the RS4 , not the S4.

13. Re: No Chance!?

The S4 runs the same 2.7 litre V6, Cosworth did some head work and they put bigger turbos on the RS4. Probably better exahust and intake and all that crap too. But the main diff is the heads.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: No Chance!?

LOL!! RS4..ok =)
    that makes more sense =)
    But come on..if someone wants to take the time and money, the can easily get that engine up to 800hp.
    it's been done with the Nissan's famous 2.6L I6 engine =)

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: No Chance!?

With that strong block and 5V per cylinder, I dont doubt it either.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: No Chance!?

With the turbo inline 4, should be around 520bhp going on the Le Mans information I have.<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: No Chance!?

I'm willing to bet that this makes less than 500hp.

Simply because the LMP900 cars are only making 600 or so, at best.
    This car, with 550 hp?? The power:weight would crush an 900 car.

450 would place the power:weight ratio at about the same level, and is a more likely figure.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: No Chance!?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from paganirules</i>
    <b>I'm willing to bet that this makes less than 500hp.

Simply because the LMP900 cars are only making 600 or so, at best.
    This car, with 550 hp?? The power:weight would crush an 900 car.

450 would place the power:weight ratio at about the same level, and is a more likely figure.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

LMP 900 and LM GTP cars develop something like 650hp.

19. Re: No Chance!?

Apperantly its got a damn good chance, it was the next fastest thing at Sebring behing the R8. Read it in MT.<!-- Signature -->