no rx-7 killer

Discussion in '2001 Mazda RX-8 Concept' started by imprezawrx14, Aug 10, 2002.

1. but still competes.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: no rx-7 killer

The RX-8 is not meant to be a replacement for the RX-7. Of course it is no rx-7 killer. It is just another car in mazda's lineup which uses a rotary engine.

Howerever, in a copule years mazda in planning to have a replacement for the 3rd gen rx-7 (or a 4th gen rx-7) on the market. Chances are it will use the rx-8 chasis. No word on engine choice yet. Likely I would see it haveing the RENESIS engine iwth a turbo, or a 20B renesis.

3. Re: no rx-7 killer

Oh my, a Renisis with a turbo would be absolutely spectacular. I can hardly contain myself, but for now, I'll be happy when the RX-8 starts hitting the streets.

4. Re: no rx-7 killer

It wouldn't be a 20B engine...it woulb be considered 20C if they use the number system...most likely they'd just say 2 litre renesis

5. Re: no rx-7 killer

i like the rx-8 and all but i dont think the rx-8 can replace the rx-7.

6. Re: no rx-7 killer

it's not a replacment for the rx-7
    its h=just another super car from MAZDA

7. Re: no rx-7 killer

From a former owner of a 2nd gen and current racer of a 1st gen., the RX-8 is a great car. Just bc mazda stopped importing the RX-7, doesn't mean that they stopped producing them. The market in America just no longer existed, which is the same reason that the Z-car and the supra are no longer around as well. I guess those cars don't really matter though, they weren't even in the same league as the efini.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: no rx-7 killer

sure this is no RX-7 killer...
    but its the return of the rotary engine to the US, after it had to be dropped due to the increasingly strict regulations in the car industry over there.

A lot of time has been spent in this new car development, I like the final product sure, even though it looks a bit controversial at first because the roof line doesnt suggest a sports gt, but rather a sporty sedan... <!-- Signature -->

9. Re: no rx-7 killer

Not even close personally I think this is a turn for the much worse weres the proud turbo rotary? why the Mazda people don't get the clue YOU ARE BUTCHERING THE REPUTATION OF A SPECTACULAR CAR, the RX-8 does not deserve to were the RX name sorry this is an ugly, powerless, piece of shit, it is no super car!<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: no rx-7 killer

Powerless?! What is powerless about a 250hp NA rotary powered car? Torqueless, definitely, but definitely not powerless.

11. Re: no rx-7 killer

Voices, you should learn to speak english (wear is not spelt were) and until you actually learn what history of the RX-7, wankel power, and mazda your opinion is worthless

12. Re: no rx-7 killer

This is a great car, I saw it at a motor show, absolutely awesome, it was pulling bigger crowds then the ferrari or BMW or most cars with a price tag of 100 grand+. This is deffinetly not an RX-7 but if you want rotary power to surive then Mazda has to have a mass produced high selling car, and this is it! Also this is one of only 3 or so engines in the world to pass Japans zero emmisions laws!!! looks like either manufacturers will have to make their own super low emmision engines or buy the rotary!

13. Re: no rx-7 killer

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Paragon Racer</i>
    <b>Voices, you should learn to speak english</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Hmmmmmm you seem to have a very impressive eye for minor mistakes a miss spelled word is not much but it's a personal opinion of mine that this car is infact ugly and powerless yes the 250HP rivals many cars but I'm not overly impressed with this car because it's not any sort of improvement to the Rx7 (wich infact is what this was suposed to be)

And Hey opinions are like assholes everyone has one<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: no rx-7 killer

Voices, the diction error is understandable. To say that the generation rotary, which with equal displacement to a twin-turbo RX-7 and produces nearly as much power, is ridiculus. Nearly 200 bhp/liter can hardly be considered powerless.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: no rx-7 killer

Not an improvement on the RX-7? I think that the solving of the Wankel's emmission problems is certainly an improvement. Just imagine the possibilities of this engine if Mazda turbocharged it too. Mazda could make versions pushing 350bhp on low boost easily.

16. Re: no rx-7 killer

Ok you got me on that one but really I'll belive it when this car rolls out of the factory and to take a second look (I ussually take a first glace then react) this car isn't so bad it could use about 50 - 75 more HP though, I retract my previous statement<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: no rx-7 killer

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferox D</i>
    <b>Not an improvement on the RX-7? I think that the solving of the Wankel's emmission problems is certainly an improvement. Just imagine the possibilities of this engine if Mazda turbocharged it too. Mazda could make versions pushing 350bhp on low boost easily.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Right On!!! That emisions problem plagued me for a good month, while simultaneously robbing me of hp. Friggin air pumps!! I can't wait to see bhp #'s with a turbo. Its impossible not to love a car that's powered by an engine with three moving parts!!!<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: no rx-7 killer

all the rx8 is, is the luxury\sports mazdacar. something that will be suit anybodys taste in cars... a great car.

19. Re: no rx-7 killer

the rx7 is much better than this crap

20. Re: no rx-7 killer

its a pretty sweet car but wheres the turbo?!?! but i can't wait for it to hit the streets so i can drop the renesis egine in my fd and get a custom built twin turbo for it!

21. Re: no rx-7 killer

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from lovinrx7s</i>
    <b>all the rx8 is, is the luxury\sports mazdacar. something that will be suit anybodys taste in cars... a great car.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Exactly, it's a jack of all trades to suit exactly that. Hopefully to break the rotary into a wider market.

22. Re: no rx-7 killer

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Voices</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Paragon Racer</i>
    <b>Voices, you should learn to speak english</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Hmmmmmm you seem to have a very impressive eye for minor mistakes a miss spelled word is not much but it's a personal opinion of mine that this car is infact ugly and powerless yes the 250HP rivals many cars but I'm not overly impressed with this car because it's not any sort of improvement to the Rx7 (wich infact is what this was suposed to be)

And Hey opinions are like assholes everyone has one</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

hey man, i know a lot of kidds who dont got an ass hole... your motha for one...<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: no rx-7 killer

i didn't think it was meant to be. it doesn't look as sporty from the outside, more of a family car...until you see the engine stats<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: no rx-7 killer

It's a rotary sedan. Of course it's not a replacement for the RX-7.<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: no rx-7 killer

nevertheless i like this car. ROTARY POWER!!!!