No Subject

Discussion in '2002 Pontiac Solstice Coupe Concept' started by z28vette, Aug 10, 2002.

1. nice looking car, but looks too much like a bmw<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: No Subject

It looks like a BWM Z8, the Nissan Z concept, and the Mazda RX-8 had a 3-way. I think it's a great looking car and big step foreward for Pontiac if they produce something similar to the concept shown.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: No Subject

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TexasViper</i>
    <b>It looks like a BWM Z8, the Nissan Z concept, and the Mazda RX-8 had a 3-way. I think it's a great looking car and big step foreward for Pontiac if they produce something similar to the concept shown.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->it still has the traditional pontiac grill though
    <!-- Signature -->

4. Re: No Subject

I like the roadster better, but this version isn't too bad.

5. Re: No Subject

i don;t mind this car, its got a very sleek look to it. its a bit shabby on the engine but its got power

6. Re: No Subject

I think it is pretty unique as these types of concepts go. The front looks like Pontiac, and the back, while simmilar to you name it, has a different look to it. I just wish that someone would do something more radical with these...maybe put an actually trunk on it. The overall lines of these cars are all TTesqe in my opinion. Its got a proportionaly big hood and no real trunk area, the cab goes right to the back. This idea should be toyed with more, maybe move the cab up just 6 inches even. Maybe put some sort of detail on the sides, nothing major, but something to catch the eye. And no more useless huge subaru WRX head lamps. Leave those to the WRX.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: No Subject

you know there are so many cars out there already that any new car is bound to bear resemblence to another car. I'm just getting a little sick of people saying what other cars this car looks like (sorry Derek). Yeah it may resemble some other car, and I agree that it does but don't pass judgement on the designers because you think that it looks like another car. These guys work really hard to come up with something original but they still have to keep it within the realm of reality. If you look at the originality of this car (coming from a GM brand its pretty original) instead of the styling cues that you see in other cars, you will see a whole different picture.

8. Re: No Subject

just wanna interject my 2 cents again. I find it strange that people are over bashing the new Dodge Razor whereas here no one is really bashing this car at all. Hmmmm, both powered by 4-cylinders, both have respectable hp, and both are really light cars. They're targeting the same class. So why does the Dodge get bashed and this not. Maybe its too early in the day, I'll have to check back later. Oh, and the tranny is not a GM T56, Tremec makes the T56 6-speed.

waiting for the American car haters to come say this is a japanese knock off.....so I can tell you why its not!

9. Re: No Subject

you know what, i don care what this car is a ripoff of. it looks like a pimple my brother had this morning, you know the ones with hte white puss coming outta em? GM just doesnt insire and confidence in me. it has .2 liters more, and a supercharger, and all it can muster is 240 horses. while the S2000, take a comptech supercharger? hundred some odd horses MORE? dude if you're getting pissy cause people are ragging on the cars cause they look like S2000s its cause they ARE. i mean THINK about it, high horsepower, lil roadster..... how can that possibly be different? what other niche could this car fit in? and by the way an S2000 is only a performance miata, which it in and of itself was a ripoff of old brit roadsters. miata and honda just both hit the mark with perfect timing, something GM is lacking in.

10. Re: No Subject

It does have some design cues of all the cars mentioned, but look at that grille and you know this is an american pocket-rocket