No Subject

Discussion in '2004 Pontiac GTO' started by venom800R, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I'm a purest, and for me, this is not special enough to bear the GTO moniker. I say make this the grand prix, because in and of itself this is a handsome looking car, and give the GTO a more distinctive body. However, in light of the fact that the GTO was more or less simply a trim level and engine option on the tempest and then the le mans lineups in the sixties, i suppose the resemblance to the grnad prix makes sense, still, all they did was stick a refined and sportier grand prix body on the monero and call it a goat. doesnt quite it for me. and wheres the 389 with 3x2 carbs?

2. Re: No Subject

Sorry buddy It's not gonna be carburated! But think about it, they're gonna drop the LS-1 in her, which is a bad-ass engine, keeping the muscle car tradition alive that the goat was famous for. I agree traditional looks would be better but this is 2002, and this car's headed for 2004, so you gotta keep in touch with time. It does have that Pontiac look still and the GTO had that look at it's time also. We'll just have to wait and see, this car is gonna be bad!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: No Subject

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from I Hate RustStangs</i>
    <b>Sorry buddy It's not gonna be carburated! But think about it, they're gonna drop the LS-1 in her, which is a bad-ass engine, keeping the muscle car tradition alive that the goat was famous for. I agree traditional looks would be better but this is 2002, and this car's headed for 2004, so you gotta keep in touch with time. It does have that Pontiac look still and the GTO had that look at it's time also. We'll just have to wait and see, this car is gonna be bad!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yes, I agree with you the old gto's hade a poiniac look for back then and this does to. This looks more than a grand prix, it looks like a pontiac and a monaro put together with a little of an m3 look, I like alot.<!-- Signature -->