No way in hell!

Discussion in '2000 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Concept' started by Wheelman, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: No way in hell!

It goes around corners, not too well, but it goes!

2. Re: No way in hell!

That video is not professional and that don't look like the best strip in the world either. I don't and never will believe it till I see it with my own two eyes.

3. Re: No way in hell!

ford gt90 you seem to be very narrowminded

4. Re: No way in hell!

Calling someone narrowminded is narrowminded in itself. Watch the video. Notice how it almost dies twice. I don't want a car that has difficulty idling or coming off a power high.

About that video. Where was it filmed? How did they get a hold of the car? Is that drag strips elctronics accurate? Why is this the only video showing it making quarter mile in 9.55? Find answers to all these questions and I might believe it.

5. Re: No way in hell!

Hell, go download the Chevy Expo from Motor Trend, this was running 9's all day.

6. Re: No way in hell!

I read where this was racing that boss mustang. The boss was hell of fast to,I forgot what it's 0-60 was but its was fast 2.

7. Re: No way in hell!

My z28 handles pretty well, about as good as any car in the $18-$24K range. Of corse it depends a lot on the tires used as well, but my dad's stock 1LE SS on stock tires handles like nothing I've ever driven before, I floor it through an intersection on a left turn and it just rockets out of the turn without jacknifing all over the place. Tires stay planted firmly in high g turns. I know the new aftermarket road corse and auto-x susspension components for the fbod are better then the 1LE stuff but it's pretty sweet for straight out of the factory.

8. Re: No way in hell!

What about the Boss Mustang doing 0-100-0 in around 10-11 sec. That is a hell of a lot faster than this. I don't rember the times exactly but it would kick this cars ass to the moon.

9. Re: No way in hell!

Wait until the 2003 Mach 1 comes out and if SVT tweaks it like the 1993 10.0L Boss. It would be a frightningly sad defeat for this.

10. Re: No way in hell!

test

11. Re: No way in hell!

It ain't tweaked yet.

12. Re: No way in hell!

This car sucks like all the other american shit!!!

Imports Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Re: No way in hell!

Drive a quality American car and be seen being!

14. Re: No way in hell!

This car is great. Now I'm wondering what SLP would charg for a 770 Hp engine. I think one is available for my 2002 SS.

15. Re:

I'd never thought a camaro would be number 2 on this list, wow impresive. but if it really is this fast it probably suks dik in turning like the viper.

16. Re: No way in hell!

Yes it's only good for drag, it's can't comapre against the imports.