Not 2 Shabby, it ran a stock 13.8

Discussion in '1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTX Ram Air' started by DodgeFan4life, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Yo people, you can't knock this car, I saw a stock one of these bad boys run at Atco Raceway, and it ran a 13.8, which is not too bad considering it was stock and its an automatic, that is some damn good accel.

2. Re: Not 2 Shabby, it ran a stock 13.8

That's pretty good!

3. Re: Not 2 Shabby, it ran a stock 13.8

That's pretty good!

4. Re: Not 2 Shabby, it ran a stock 13.8

Are you serious??? Do they make this in a 2-door trim??

5. Re: Not 2 Shabby, it ran a stock 13.8

Well I just got one this last January,and they aren't that fast.
    They actually run a 14.5 on the quarter,The one you saw must of been
    modded.You can't really hear the mods on this car because of the
    exhaust,my cousin owns a gtp same year and runs a 13.9 with mods,
    when it was stock it ran a 14.8. It os a smooth car though.

6. Re: Not 2 Shabby, it ran a stock 13.8

Well I just got one this last January,and they aren't that fast.
    They actually run a 14.5 on the quarter,The one you saw must of been
    modded.You can't really hear the mods on this car because of the
    exhaust,my cousin owns a gtp same year and runs a 13.9 with mods,
    when it was stock it ran a 14.8. It os a smooth car though.

7. Re: Not 2 Shabby, it ran a stock 13.8

mayb the stock was with nos or sumthin..neways this car is beautiful

8. Re: Not 2 Shabby, it ran a stock 13.8

lol 13.8.. stock... cmon buddy listen to yourself... funny shit..

9. Re: Not 2 Shabby, it ran a stock 13.8

In 1998 SPL took 50 GTP's and turned them into GTX monster's. They put in a bad ass ram air system, flowmasters and just better engine calibration. They also put in a ZEX NOS system that was pre-set just flip the switch and slam the pedal to the ground. I haven't found any 0-60 times or 1/4 but here's what i have estimated.

GTX SPL:
    320 hp
    340 ft-lbs
    0-60 5.6
    1/4 13.5

And the great thing about this car it has that V8 grumble to it.It's a little bulky but very quick. Pontiac should bring back the T/A'S, and use the GTX engine it would save them on production cost's.

10. Re: Not 2 Shabby, it ran a stock 13.8

Oh I like that!!! VERY nice but the top end could have been better. I'd bett it could go faster but the GM lawyers hit the top speed governor switch.

11. Re: Not 2 Shabby, it ran a stock 13.8

Stock they don't come with nitrous I would know since I do own one. And they are limited at 127mph but you get the aftermarket pcm and it goes up to 165mph!

12. Re: Not 2 Shabby, it ran a stock 13.8

i think the SLP GTX did have some equipped with NOS

13. Re: Not 2 Shabby, it ran a stock 13.8

SLP never equipped GTX's with nitrous. the term "stock" refers to a car that either is straight from the factory or has minor upgrades. Its just like BPU, basic performance upgrades. A smaller supercharger pulley is a good example of it, it gives you 30-35 horses and it only costs $65 but its still considered a BPU, just like a cold air intake, nothing big or drastic.

14. Re: Not 2 Shabby, it ran a stock 13.8

I own a 2000 Grand Prix GTX, and it's all stock. Has a Supercharged 3800 Series III V6, Ram Air, cold air intake, Borla Exhaust, 3.25 pulley. Runs a consistant 12.8 @ 109.27 and SLP has a bigger supercharger option to put 450+ BHP on it.

15. Re: Not 2 Shabby, it ran a stock 13.8

The basic GTX with ram air, SLP exhaust and rims along with the spoiler and other goodies will run about a 14.5, def not a 13.8. Modded yes, but with just those upgrades it won't get you that low. I have a 2000 GTX and it runs about a 14.5.