not 300hp

Discussion in '1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo' started by IMPREZA 1, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: not 300hp

still no match for the american V8's<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: not 300hp

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LegendNH</i>
    <b>still no match for the american V8's</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Hahahahahaha I agree I diagree still it was funny cause it had nothing really to do with this thread I guess thats why it was so funni<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: not 300hp

The 300ZX is the Best 3.0 Liter in the world !! (for under 10K)
    Full stop.

<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: not 300hp

I guess, but the porsche boxers are VERY strong engines<!-- Signature -->

5. In 96 300s did not have 300hp. Due to emissions the car was linited to around 285hp. Its funny how enissions always have to mess up performance of nissans (SKYLINES)

6. Re: not 300hp

thats because the 96's didn't have the variable valve timing, for some reason...?<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: not 300hp

I Will Eat This Car For Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner..anytime...just Bring It!!<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: not 300hp

I live in winston salem NC and im friends with a guy with a 93 sentra that will eat your lunch. SR20DET! pullen 325 to wheels W/50 shot of VENOM and 1 bar......Dont mess with nissan youll get busted.

9. Re: not 300hp

sunnyxwala this car is stock so I imagine you would be able to beat it lol. This is my least favorite year for the 300 zx.
    <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: not 300hp

hey sunnyxwalla, is that all you got? just a bunch of gauges and piping, and a lot of extra weight with a audio system? Bring it any time...<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: not 300hp

Realm28 said a mouth full w/o saying a word

94 TT w/
    Stage 2 garret based stock housed turbos
    JWT ecu upgrade
    Unorthadox under pullies
    greddys Intake
    Greddys exhaust
    Stillen dual friction clutch
    Stillen intercoller
    Brembro Brake kit thats callipers and roters
    18 inch Konig Villans
    Yokohama Avids

and Im not done yet ......
    So RX with your pipe down wankle rotory.
    Step up we can talk. <!-- Signature -->

12. Re: not 300hp

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Realm28</i>
    <b>thats because the 96's didn't have the variable valve timing, for some reason...?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

they never made a nissan production car with variable valve timing<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: not 300hp

That purple 300z so called TT are you from the san diego area? and have these ugly ass mr-2 air induction scoops on both side? Your shit ant no turbo man i popped that hood one time 2 years ago when you where getting your paint job and saw N/A....HA HA HAHA

14. Re: not 300hp

"they never made a nissan production car with variable valve timing"

WHAT!!!??

First of all, the 300ZX had variable valve timing, so does the new Altima and the Maxima has for several years.

And who said the 1996 300ZX didn't have 300hp? I think you have mistaken it for the JDM Fairlady Z Z32... that only had 280hp

1996 TT with Automatic only didn't have variable valve timing. The horsepower value was lowered then to 280.

15. Re: not 300hp

Nissan is never behind on technology, they just don't bloat it like other companies. Did you know that old school Maxima's (body style before the new ones) have variable length intake runners?

16. Re: not 300hp

Hey yall are smart, so you should no that the porjected hp of any car is a industry standerd, its a benchmark, one 300z tt may have 310 while another 295 its not like they dyno test ever single one as it rolls off the assembly line.

17. Re: not 300hp

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from DSM owner</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Realm28</i>
    <b>thats because the 96's didn't have the variable valve timing, for some reason...?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

they never made a nissan production car with variable valve timing</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yes they did.

Infact your looking at one right now.

The 3.0 liter V-6 found in the 2nd gen 300ZX had variable valve timing.

Spyder757

18. Re: not 300hp

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CreamOfTheCrop7</i>
    <b>Would you say a WS6 trans am is classic american muscle? Then why can't it stomp the 300zx 0-130?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Because it stops the 300ZXTT in:
    0-60
    1/4 mile
    Top Speed
    And beats the holy hell out of the poor Z cars in the Motorola Cup touring car series on SpeedVision.

CreamOfTheCrap, your Z car isn't J-Spec, its Ric3-Spec.

Spyder757

19. Re: not 300hp

uhh.<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: not 300hp

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from skylinegtr33</i>
    <b>I live in winston salem NC and im friends with a guy with a 93 sentra that will eat your lunch. SR20DET! pullen 325 to wheels W/50 shot of VENOM and 1 bar......Dont mess with nissan youll get busted. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

What does that have to do with this forum?<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: not 300hp

There is a nissan dealer close to my house that had a brand new 96' 300zx with Twin Turbo for sale. It had 18 miles on it. So i asked how much horsepower it had and they said 300. Then i said that i though they lowered it to 280 in 96'. They said only on the automatics. The really weird thing was they were asking $55,000 for the car. a little pricey

22. Re: not 300hp

does any one know where i can get a 300zx body kit with a scoop on the side like this one?

23. Re: not 300hp

jascarz: that is probably a one of a kind custom job, ive never seen any body kit like that before<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: not 300hp

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from skylinegtr33</i>
    <b>In 96 300s did not have 300hp. Due to emissions the car was linited to around 285hp. Its funny how enissions always have to mess up performance of nissans (SKYLINES)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The 300zx Turbo is limited at 276HP officially , this isn't due to technical reasons , but this is due to the japanese fiscal system which is very restrictive for cars which develop 276+ HP.

That's the reason why for exemple the engine of the NSX has never been improved.

But if you measure off the power , it's always more than said by the car maker , everybody knows that a Supra makes about 330 HP for example.

25. Re: not 300hp

THE 300ZTT HAD A VALVE TIMING SYSTEM IN 1990 IN AMERICA BEFORE HONDA EVER INTRODUCED THEIR VTEC IN AMERICA LATER THAT YEAR IN THE ACURA NSX. NISSAN HAS USED A VALVE TIMING SYSTEM IN THEIR CARS BEFORE HONDA EVER DID. IT WAS STANDARD IN THE SENTRAS SINCE 1991 NOT LIKE CHEEP CRAPPY HONDA THAT USED IT IN THE CIVIC ONLY AS AN OPTION. NISSAN'S TECHNOLOGY HAS ALYAYS LEAD THE WAY JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT DON'T ASSUME IT'S NOT THERE. AND THESE SPECS ON THIS WEB PAGE ARE INCORRECT FOR THE 300ZTT IT IS FASTER THAN THAT.IN 1993 WHICH WAS THE FASTEST YEAR FOR THE Z THE SPECS WERE 0-60 5.2 AND QUARTER WAS 13.9 STOCK. HOW DO I KNOW BECAUSE I USED TO WORK FOR NISSAN.