Not comparable to the nostalgia of a classic muscle car...

Discussion in '2002 Maserati Coupé GT' started by Comunista, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Not comparable to the nostalgia of a classic muscle car...

hehe yea, just another example of someone taking personal preference and making it into a universal maxim... then again, how often do all of us put serious bias into what we say on here? lol, i know im guilty of it...

-BUT WHY CANT SOME PEOPLE REALIZE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SUPERCAR "APPLES" AND "ORANGES"????? lol!!!!<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Not comparable to the nostalgia of a classic muscle car...

Personally, I prefer the exotic looks and exclusivity of a Maserati to any muscle car although the Cobra may be the exception to that rule.

I find it humorous that the posters on this forum automatically assume that "whitepride" must necessarily be racist. If his title was "black-pride" or "native-american-pride" would the outcry be so loud? Would their be an outcry at all? I judge all people as Dr.King would have us, by the content of their character, and I haven't seen any racist posts by this person. Let's not jump to conclusions.

Ask yourself if a "White" Miss America contest would go over in this day and age, and why their is a "Black" Miss America contest. A bit of reverse-racism perhaps?

3. Re: Not comparable to the nostalgia of a classic muscle car...

Hey Whitepride I do not think you know shit about cars. I like old muscle cars, but this is way better than most muscle cars. And racist people like you should be kicked out. <!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Not comparable to the nostalgia of a classic muscle car...

well no SHlT it's not a muscle car. It's an Italian coup. Oh and Masserati has way more history then any muscle car... so if you knew your SHlT you wouldn't say that.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Not comparable to the nostalgia of a classic muscle car...

sory typo on the maserati. I double tapped the s...I can type really.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Not comparable to the nostalgia of a classic muscle car...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from vwdrivervw</i>
    <b>well no SHlT it's not a muscle car. It's an Italian coup. Oh and Masserati has way more history then any muscle car... so if you knew your SHlT you wouldn't say that.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Again White pride. You must back up what you say or real enthusiasts will eat you alive!!! I agree with vwdrivervw. This is Italian history. This has just as much nostalgic value as a Viper. I like American cars! But as I do with people, I must give respect where respect is due. As should you. This car is a great example of Italian design, heritage and technology.

Set aside your bias and you will see the glory that has always been infront of you.
    <!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Not comparable to the nostalgia of a classic muscle car...

You knuckle dragging, whitebread redneck, backwater, ill-educated, ill-concived, waste of biological matter, should not be fortante to enjoy the gifts of modern technology (i.e. the PC). Now with that addressed lets discuss your criticism shall we? First off as it has been mentioed before this car is a peice of Italian automotive history, your assertion that this does not compare to the nostalgia of a classic muscle car has about as much credit and bredth as your idiological white supremist B.S. propoganda about the so called ayran race. Maserati predated the muscle car era by a good 30-40 years, so your basis of so called nostalgia for overweight go fast in a straight line American iron is not only unbased, but pointless. Now do us one more favor, pack up your computer, take it back to the store, kindly ask fo your money back, and return to the premordial swamp from whence you came. Thank you and good day.

<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Not comparable to the nostalgia of a classic muscle car...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Cchanner83</i>
    <b>You knuckle dragging, whitebread redneck, backwater, ill-educated, ill-concived, waste of biological matter, should not be fortante to enjoy the gifts of modern technology (i.e. the PC). Now with that addressed lets discuss your criticism shall we? First off as it has been mentioed before this car is a peice of Italian automotive history, your assertion that this does not compare to the nostalgia of a classic muscle car has about as much credit and bredth as your idiological white supremist B.S. propoganda about the so called ayran race. Maserati predated the muscle car era by a good 30-40 years, so your basis of so called nostalgia for overweight go fast in a straight line American iron is not only unbased, but pointless. Now do us one more favor, pack up your computer, take it back to the store, kindly ask fo your money back, and return to the premordial swamp from whence you came. Thank you and good day.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well said, my friend.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Not comparable to the nostalgia of a classic muscle car...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Cchanner83</i>
    <b>You knuckle dragging, whitebread redneck, backwater, ill-educated, ill-concived, waste of biological matter, should not be fortante to enjoy the gifts of modern technology (i.e. the PC). Now with that addressed lets discuss your criticism shall we? First off as it has been mentioed before this car is a peice of Italian automotive history, your assertion that this does not compare to the nostalgia of a classic muscle car has about as much credit and bredth as your idiological white supremist B.S. propoganda about the so called ayran race. Maserati predated the muscle car era by a good 30-40 years, so your basis of so called nostalgia for overweight go fast in a straight line American iron is not only unbased, but pointless. Now do us one more favor, pack up your computer, take it back to the store, kindly ask fo your money back, and return to the premordial swamp from whence you came. Thank you and good day.

WOW Out of all this time i've been reading posts in this site, this is the first time i've read someone who actually made sense.

10. Re: Not comparable to the nostalgia of a classic muscle car...

leave him alone!
    he seems to ve a very intelligent person

sarcasm<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Not comparable to the nostalgia of a classic muscle car...

Are you sure?<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Not comparable to the nostalgia of a classic muscle car...

he's prolly one of those guys who drives a banged up, mud-splashed pick up and has the confederate flag as a licence plate.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Not comparable to the nostalgia of a classic muscle car...

muscle cars are super nice... like my neighbors 800+hp chevelle,but ya,u white bastard,they are in different classes than a maserati...but yeah,just informin ya,i dont spaz out like all the jerks on this site<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Not comparable to the nostalgia of a classic muscle car...

Where did the thought of musclecars being exclusive to white people come from? You all prejudge the person who posted the "Not comparable to the nostalgia of a classic muscle car" statement. For all we know, the person may be an Asian, African American, Hispanic, or an eskimo with a laptop and an internet connection. I highly doubt none of the people who replied are of Anglo Saxon descent.
    Concerning the Maserati, it fails to catch my attention. Personally, I believe it lacks the flair and poise that the earlier, more authentic Maserati's possesed. It's appearance hints that the designers were pursuing an already outdated look. I can't help but be immediately reminded of a BMW Z8 by it's front end, or a Jaguar/Aston Martin from the rest of it. It's performance is no where near slow, but it lacks the performace to give it edge over it's competition. It's acceleration and top speed numbers are matched by a $40,000 Chevrolet Corvette C5. Spend $50K on a Z06 'Vette or $70K on a Viper GTS and you will outperform this so called Maserati all day long. The Maserati features many technological traction advancements, but the Viper's and 'Vette's lower weights and wider tires trump the Maserati.
    Now I know the Maserati's not all about performance, but my opinion is if you're going to spend $80,000 plus on a vehicle, it shouldn't be slower or less attractive than cars half it's price.
    Usually a slower car compensates with bold styling, or a less appealing car counteracts with aggressive performance. This car features neither. I, too, am a fan of Maserati, but this newest example makes me wish they stayed out of the American market. I really expected more...

15. Re: Not comparable to the nostalgia of a classic muscle car...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bobbybrown</i>
    <b>Personally, I prefer the exotic looks and exclusivity of a Maserati to any muscle car although the Cobra may be the exception to that rule.

I find it humorous that the posters on this forum automatically assume that "whitepride" must necessarily be racist. If his title was "black-pride" or "native-american-pride" would the outcry be so loud? Would their be an outcry at all? I judge all people as Dr.King would have us, by the content of their character, and I haven't seen any racist posts by this person. Let's not jump to conclusions.

Ask yourself if a "White" Miss America contest would go over in this day and age, and why their is a "Black" Miss America contest. A bit of reverse-racism perhaps?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Yah leaving out huge gaps to get your point across!!!
    I agreed up until Miss Black America (READ ON)

It's not reverse racism! What the hell is reverse racism? Your a racist for just making that remark! Y? You have decided that only White people can be racist. If your not white you are incapable of true racism.

Now why is there a Miss Black America and not a white one?

1st reason: Eventhough you see black artist getting pimped by mainstream America and it seems like Black people are invading all corners of America, America is still 75% or More White people. How many black women could possibly make the cut with that kind of number stacked against them?

2nd reason: Beleieve it or not, Miss America pagents are caterd for White women to win (or people who have been totally asimilated into what commercial/mainstream 'amerikkka' wants a non white to be)! Note (theres a difference between America and 'amerikkka').

Example #1: You actually think white judges would vote for a natural black woman? Jet black, Big Afro, strong facial features? If there were no white women to vote for, the judges are more than likely going to look for the "Whitest" black woman. The one with the stringiest hair, the less defined facial features and the lightest skin.

Example #2: Instead of having a 90% all white judging system, have a 90% all black judging system! You think Mainstream 'amerikkka' would ever let this happen? I doubt it. Why not? Thier not going to trust a whole black judging system!!!

1 more example: Buisness suits. The most illogical piece suit of clothing you can wear. It's stuffy, it's uncomfortable, it doesnt protect you from the elements that well and it's dangerous! (a tie? Wut the Hell is a tie good for other than getting strangled? Does it serve a usefull purpose)? Yet I am not trust worthy enough to do buisness with somewone unless I where it. I don't get respect in the work place unless I wear this ridiculous outfit. If it's an illogical outfit, why do I have to wear it? Becuase it's of Euro-American heritage and I must embrace the Euro-American way. (If not tell me another reason why I must wear an illogical peice of clothing for someone to trust me to do buisness? Am I not the same person in a Puma track suit with shell toe sneaks? I believe I still am)!

(P.S. Bobby Brown eh? hmmm... are you a black person?)

I'm sick of people looking at a complicated situation and not looking at the whole picture.

This is for everyone: It's not the other races that you should be worried about. Realise that its the government that has set it up to look like it's the opposite races fault. Stop directing your hate to the White man, stop the directing your hate to the Black man, direct that energy into improving the stucture of Government. Replace the ass-bithces with righteous people (regardless if hes White/Black or Yellow etc).

America is still run ass #$%#s, don't be fooled. You want more examples of this, lets chat. But first ask yourself if what I say above makes sence. If you don't think so tell me where I went wrong. I am willing to listen to any intelligent comments. And I love to learn new information.

P.S. I mean no disrespect to anyone<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Not comparable to the nostalgia of a classic muscle car...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Analogic</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from vwdrivervw</i>
    <b>well no SHlT it's not a muscle car. It's an Italian coup. Oh and Masserati has way more history then any muscle car... so if you knew your SHlT you wouldn't say that.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Again White pride. You must back up what you say or real enthusiasts will eat you alive!!! I agree with vwdrivervw. This is Italian history. This has just as much nostalgic value as a Viper. I like American cars! But as I do with people, I must give respect where respect is due. As should you. This car is a great example of Italian design, heritage and technology.

Set aside your bias and you will see the glory that has always been infront of you.

this could waste any muscle car straight line or on the track.

and to vwdriver, I proudly proclaim I cant spell.<!-- Signature -->