Not Enough Power!

Discussion in '2005 Mosler MT900 S' started by Antiford, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Lets face it if you put a Corvette next to this car you wouldn't even look at the vette. A supercar of this type needs more then a Corvette engine. I mean it should have at least 400 or more horsepower. Maybe even a V12. So my conclusion is, this cars engine can't compete with this cars looks.

2. Re: Not Enough Power!

Even if it can out run everything else on the road?

The production MT900S will have LS6 engines, which will easily put out 400hp, with options up to 650hp (twin turbo).

3. Re: Not Enough Power!

Yes, it probably can out run most other supercars, but why stop at 345 hp. This car is to average of a supercar, I think it has the potential to raise the bar of what a supercar could or at least should be, but the MT900S is something I am now looking forward to.

4. Re: Not Enough Power!

These Stats can't be right!

From what I've read this car has 650hp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Re: Not Enough Power!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Vette1</i>
    <b>These Stats can't be right!

From what I've read this car has 650hp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The running prototype MT900 that Car and Driver tested has 345hp. A 650hp twin turbo is an option, but as of yet no one has ordered one with that.

6. Re: Not Enough Power!

yeha i know a BMW X5 4.6 SUV has 340 horsepower! it's like the same damn thing!<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Not Enough Power!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MCLAREN99</i>
    <b>yeha i know a BMW X5 4.6 SUV has 340 horsepower! it's like the same damn thing!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

And the X5 can do 0-60 in 3.5sec, have you seen this car?!

8. Re: Not Enough Power!

thats bull shit to compare this to a bmw x5...1.They are geared differently...2.They both weigh differently (by alot)...3.They aren't even compared together...3.Your a #$%#*ng dumbass!!!

9. Re: Not Enough Power!

I love it, it looks good very good 0-60 times and affordable and above all its american! if you wanted to you can use the 405 hp LS-6 and the leginfelter supercharger which is only $8,000 instaled and you'll be at a good 550 hp on about 8 LB. of boost.

10. Re: Not Enough Power!

the MT900 i have in my Superrod book has LS6 that puts out 425 i think damn i wish i could find that book
    <!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Not Enough Power!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lingenfelter</i>
    <b>the MT900 i have in my Superrod book has LS6 that puts out 425 i think damn i wish i could find that book
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

In Super Rod magazine (Nov. 2001 issue), page 20, it says 345hp LS1, which is correct for the car pictured and tested. That is the same car that Car And Driver tested (the original prototype).

12. Re: Not Enough Power!

I saw this car!! I was at a Corvette show in Ft. Pierce, FL. and this car was there. Still not released for production yet but the one I saw had the LS6 which means that it had at least 405 hp if they didn't do any engine modifications. It has extremely sexy interior and this one was painted Corvette yellow. So strange to see a Corvette engine in a mid-engine configuaration. Hopefully in a few years I'll be able to afford a car like this!!

13. Re: Not Enough Power!

The standard MT900 has an LS1, which produces 345 hp.
    The MT900 S has an LS6, which, depending on the year, produces 385-405 horsepower. The MT900TT, which uses a twin turbocharged LS1, produces 650 horsepower. You saw this in Maxim or something, right? The engine is special order from Lingenfelter. You can't just buy the car like that.

14. Re: Not Enough Power!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuprJames</i>
    <b>I saw this car!! I was at a Corvette show in Ft. Pierce, FL. and this car was there. Still not released for production yet but the one I saw had the LS6 which means that it had at least 405 hp if they didn't do any engine modifications. It has extremely sexy interior and this one was painted Corvette yellow. So strange to see a Corvette engine in a mid-engine configuaration. Hopefully in a few years I'll be able to afford a car like this!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

When did you see the yellow MT in Ft. Pierce?

15. Re: Not Enough Power!

too true.

GO HOLDEN!!!!!!!!!!

16. Re: Not Enough Power!

May 4th. The pics are below. The 0-60 time has gotta be faster since it has more HP now then the LS6 (405). The doors were closed and I didn't even realize it has scissor doors until I saw it in Super Rods magazine!

17. Re: Not Enough Power!

OK, the pics didn't work but if anyone wants them e-mail me at SuprJames@AOL.com and I'll send them.

18. #18 Zags, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  19. Re: Not Enough Power!

Let me try to post this pic again.

20. Re: Not Enough Power!

One more time.....

21. Re: Not Enough Power!

WHOOHOO......tell me that's not sweet!!