Not testet yet....

Discussion in '2002 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Preproduction' started by GT90 fan, Dec 18, 2002.

1. The Bugatti Veyron is not even testet yet!
    250 mph - yeah, right.
    Maybe it is great looks, great engines ( 1001bhp - HO! ),
    but a car that have that weight is not going to beat
    the McLaren F1. The first 16/4 whas testet ad 320 km/h -
    but the engine didŽt work - so this car i going to have
    trouble against McLaren F1, Porsche Carrera GT.....

2. Re: Not testet yet....

Weight matters very little for topspeed when compared to Aerodynamics, downforce, Hp, and torque. So even if the veyron weighed 4000lbs, 250mph wouldn't be hard to achieve, and even if it didn't, a slight re-gearing would yield at least 260mph.

Oh, and weight can add stability at high speeds.

3. Re: Not testet yet....

Well, it hasn't been tested by auto magazines yet. I'm sure the manufacturer has done plenty of testing since they're planning to release it to the public next year. In fact, this latest pre-production show car has had the wheelbase incresed slightly from the previous concept due to performance testing.

khari is right. Mass is inconsequential, especially when compared to aerodynamic forces, when you are trying to reach maximum velocity.

4. Re: Not testet yet....

Actually, the Bugatti Veyron is currently in the middle of it's 100K km trials at Ehra-Lessien. These trials started in August of this year and are meant to test the vehicle, and more specifically the drive train, as a whole. It wont be long at all before this is hitting public roads.

5. Re: Not testet yet....

cant wait

6. Re: Not testet yet....

Mm hm.

7. Re: Not testet yet....

I know that every mag will say the same about the acceleration, outrageous, incredible, etc. But I just can't wait how does that thing handles, i guess if it will make a good job.