Not the fastest in the world.

Discussion in '2002 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Preproduction' started by kav, Nov 4, 2003.

1. The 1988 Chevorlet Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette is faster by 2mph. Yes it does count!

2. Re: Not the fastest in the world.

No it doesn't. Besides this has been discussed so your late by about 5 months, sorry.

3. Re: Not the fastest in the world.

Gee, we have a dickhead!
    It doesnt count.

4. #4 Futher Mucker, Nov 8, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re:

Yeh that doesn't count.

But the Dodge-Hennessey Viper Venom 1000TT is a very good comparison to the Veyron.

It's also got over 1000hp and over 1100ft-lbs of torque. And they've tested it to a top speed of 250+ mph.

http://www.supercars.net/garages/ChevyRocks/25v2.html

The link above does not provied all the details.

And yes it is in production, 3 have been made already and there are more to come.

5. Re: Not the fastest in the world.

The 1000TT is an aftermarket tuned car.

6. Re: Not the fastest in the world.

You want to compare 1/4 mile time, or everything? Because taking everything into account, the Bugatti 16/4 Veyron is a car that is right at the limits of exclusivity, refinement, and general excellent. To compare it to a tuned Viper or Corvette is well beyond outrageous, and nobody should ever consider putting them in the same sentence. I like Lingfelters and Hennessees and other extreme tuned cars, but these are COMPLETLY different cars. That they have close top speeds is totally irrelevant to the fact that there is about as much difference as can be possible between them and this car.

Apples and oranges people, apples and oranges.

7. Re: Not the fastest in the world.

precisely!
    But these people dont realise that.

8. Re: Not the fastest in the world.

what a dick mate, you can barley call that a production car if you want, its tuned up. they are in diffrent leagues ok'
    The US finest cant beat that sorry.

9. Re: Not the fastest in the world.

i would like to see the race but the 'vette is not a production it was tuned by callaway. the bugati is the fastest car in the world

10. Re: Not the fastest in the world.

"i would like to see the race but the 'vette is not a production it was tuned by callaway. the bugati is the fastest car in the world"

Now are you speaking of the 16/4 veyroon or a different bugatti? Because the 16/4 veyron hasnt been tested yet and wont been until it is produced. Therefore your idiotic comment on it being the fastest car in the world is not only stupid but it is very wrong.

The fastest street legal car in the world is the Daeur 962 LeMans not the 16/4 veyron.

Therefore classic ferrari lover and people like you who like to say this car is fast yet dont have any evidence proving so, you shouldnot have made a comment in the first place.

People before you make a comment like this -

"the bugati is the fastest car in the world" Take the time to find some proof to back up what you say otherwise all you are doing is spreading rumors which arent true.

The only proof of the speed of this car has been from Bugatti but even they can only estimate because it has not been tested yet.

The only thing bugatti has spoke of in terms of speed for the 16/4 is this - "Most of the mods are focused on aerodynmics and cooling, two essential ingredients for a 250+mph supercar." Which is far from proof of the top speed.

11. Re: Not the fastest in the world.

Erm, the Dauer isn't a production car, if your counting the Dauer you count the Callaway, neither a production but both are road legal. The fastest production car is still the McLaren F1 which is in the 230Mph range not 240's like most people believe. You've gone through several threads and you've said basically the same thing in every one of the, don't do that. Also people are speculating, people are allowed to speculate, you said it was stupid to compare the Sledgehammer to the Veyron in another forum, yes if your comparing them as production cars but not for straight line performance. It's true there are no official figures yet, just estimates but the car has been tested and sh!t it was quick. The test wasn't even for speed.

12. #12 DodgeMS-4, Dec 26, 2003
    Re: Not the fastest in the world.

Actually the Daeur is a production vehicle, 12 have been produced so far with a total of 50. Next year the total is said to be 100 therefore it is a production street legal vehicle.

The callaway is not a production vehicle because it hasnt been produced only 1 exists which is in a garage. If you want to be foolish and call the callaway a production vehicle then we can also call any modified supra, skyline, or a drag car a production vehicle.

1. "The fastest production car is still the McLaren F1 which is in the 230Mph range not 240's like most people believe."

Obviously you havnt seen what the Daeur has done in the past 9 years. The Daeur has been tested over and over again by magazines and the press.

http://speed.supercars.net/Pic?s=14&dir=2003-8-11&p=a&f=457&t=45354&m=465918

http://speed.supercars.net/Pic?s=14&dir=2003-8-11&p=b&f=457&t=45354&m=465918

http://speed.supercars.net/Pic?s=14&dir=2003-8-11&p=a&f=457&t=45354&m=465919

http://speed.supercars.net/Pic?s=14&dir=2003-8-11&p=b&f=457&t=45354&m=465919

Heres the website for the Daeur - www.962LM.com

Here's a link to the Autobild test on the Daeur 962 lemans -

http://speed.supercars.net/cBoard?viewThread=y&fID=457&tID=43999

Another thing the topspeed of the Daeur was tested at 404.6 kph 251.25 mph versus the Mclaren F1's time which may I add never reached the 240 mph mark.

2. "You've gone through several threads and you've said basically the same thing in every one of the, don't do that."

Must be touch for you especially since I have been speaking the truth something you fail to recognize.

3. "Also people are speculating, people are allowed to speculate, you said it was stupid to compare the Sledgehammer to the Veyron in another forum, yes if your comparing them as production cars but not for straight line performance."

You can not compare the Sledgehammer or 16/4 to anything because neither of them are production cars. Therefore it is pointless and stupid to compare the veyron and sledgehammer to a production car. If you want to compare a modified not productin car to something lets compare it to another modifed not production car. How about any of the Countless Veilside Supras? Or how about any of the many Signal Auto Skylines? Veilside and Signal Auto's cars are not production vehicles like the callaway and veyron yet they are faster then the veyron and callaway.

and finally

4. "It's true there are no official figures yet, just estimates but the car has been tested and sh!t it was quick. The test wasn't even for speed."

There are no figures on the veyron because the veyron has not been tested in any aspect period. You seem to think it has well where is the evidence to back up what you say? You have none because no such evidence exists. The only times that have been said about the Bugatti was by Bugatti themselves which ESTIMATED the times. To me an estimation isnt proof whatsoever. What does an estimation mean to you Live4Speed?

People get facts of such things happening before you post commments on imaginable times like the veyron's time.

13. Re: Not the fastest in the world.

1 - The Dauer is NOT a production car, as you said only 12 have been made, 12 cars do not maker it a production car. The McLaren F1 did hit 241Mph, but it had it's catalyctic converter removed and gained an increase in power and so it was withdrawn as the record. The F1 does still hold the record for fastest ever production car in the 230Mph range. Yes the Dauer is fast but it isn't a production car and never will be, there arn't enough 917's left for Dauer to use to class it as a production car.

2 - Yes your right that since it isn't a production car it hasn't got an record top speed and isn't the fastest car in the world. But saying the same thing over and over in different threads is spam, especially considering you posted in the is it a suitable race car thread. You only need to make the point once the thread you post in will go to the top of the list and it will be seen by people.

3 - You can compare any cars you want, just because one isn't production doesn't mean it's stupid to compare them. Sure you can compare a Veilside Supra if you wan't, it's up to you what you want to compare, it's not up to you what other people want to compare.

4 - If you don't know the Veyron has been tested you don't check up on the car, Bugatti have done hundreds of tests on the car be it for aerodynamics or tyre performance. The havn't tries it flat out yet, for that they will probably want the media and officials there should it set a new record. And no an estimation proves nothing, and I never said it did. The only estimations though are acceleration and top speed figures, all the other info and specs are bang on and confirmed.

14. #14 DodgeMS-4, Dec 28, 2003
    Re: Not the fastest in the world.

"The Dauer is NOT a production car, as you said only 12 have been made, 12 cars do not maker it a production car. The McLaren F1 did hit 241Mph, but it had it's catalyctic converter removed and gained an increase in power and so it was withdrawn as the record. The F1 does still hold the record for fastest ever production car in the 230Mph range. Yes the Dauer is fast but it isn't a production car and never will be, there arn't enough 917's left for Dauer to use to class it as a production car."

1. It was this particular model, the Dauer 962, that was homologated by the ACO:

The Dauer Racing 962 LMs took part in Le Mans at the behest of Porsche. Originally meant to be a civilized street version of the most famous Group C sports car in history, the 962 Le Mans has completely new Kevlar bodywork and a totally bespoke interior compared to the standard racer. The 1994 Le Mans regulations published by the organizing ACO (Automobile Club de lŽOuest) allowed very low-volume street-legal sports cars to to race in GT1 or GT2; the Dauer racing 962 Le Mans was such a car and was thus eligible.

So Live4Speed you are saying the Daeur isnt a production vehicle because not enough of them have been made so far. Strange I didnt know the ACO to have been lying about the 1994 Daeur LeMans being a street legal production vehicle. Next time you want to make a comment find some facts.

Unless I am wrong which I am not the Mclaren F1 is a production vehicle yet less then 25 have been made to date. Since you seem to think the Daeur isnt a production vehicle, in that same sense the Mclaren isnt either.

Live4Speed remember the link i posted under the section of the 6/4 entitled " so its the first production car with a 7-speed gear box"
    I will post that linkg here - http://speed.supercars.net/cBoard?viewThread=true&bottom=165&fID=284&tID=39348

Go down to where i posted the link which was speaking of the eb110 which you apparently did not go to and read. I will post it here -

http://www.qv500.com/bugattieb110p1.htm

Specifically read this paragraph

"Indeed, after completing just 95 examples of the GT, Bugatti closed its doors in September 1995 having endured the recession’s worst years, the company filing for bankruptcy in the Italian courts. An interesting footnote to the EB110 saga came in 1997 when trustees auctioned off Bugatti’s final stock of partially completed cars and parts, everything being bought by Jochen Dauer of the famous German Porsche racing team. It is reported that included were no less than eighteen Aerospatiale carbon fibre tubs in addition to scores of parts and a good stock of unfinished EB110’s (with at least five SS). Dauer has subsequently gone on to complete a handful of cars."

Obviously you do not know very much about the eb110.

The official top speed World record of the McLaren F1 of 387.9kph was clocked at the Volkswagen test track Ehra-Lessien same track where the Dauer was clocked with 404.6kph.

Now correct me if i am wrong Live4Speed but how is 387.9kph faster then 404.6kph? It isnt at all therefore the Daeur has been proven to be the fastes street legal production vehicle in the world.

15. Re: Not the fastest in the world.

Fastest street legal car - yes
    fastest street legal production car - no
    Not enough Dauers have been built for it to count. Thoes low volume cars that allowed the race versions to run in the GT1 class wern't all classed as production cars. Look at the Elise GT1 road car, not a production car, the Nissan R390 isn't either. Why bot say the TVR Speed 12 was the most powerful production road car, a few were built, all roadworthy, theres a guy in the ML's that own's the red one, it's not the most powerful, because not enough were built.

16. Re: Not the fastest in the world.

Bottom line the Daeur is a production vehcle as well as being street legal. I advise you to show evidence of people who say it isnt not just yourself. You could actually e-mail Daeur and ask them if the Daeur is a production vehicle. But i highly doubt you will as you fail to see reason.

Seems to me the only one who doesnt call the Daeur a production car is you Live4Speed now why would that be?

The TVR speed 12 is not the most powerful production car it hever has been and never will be.

I am getting tired of debating with you because you fail to read something if you comment on this it will only prove you are a complete idiot whose only purpose is saying the Daeur is not a production vehicle for soem ungodly reason.

Do us all a favor and show evidence of people who consider the Daeur not to be a production vehicle. Live4Speed you do not count as one of the people who gets to say it is or not as you have not even seen what it takes to put a vehicle into production.

17. Re: Not the fastest in the world.

How powerful is the TVR Speed 12? And what car has more power that is a street legal production car?
    I will find some evindence for you regarding production cars and number of units needed to be produced, answer thoes questions for now, and thoes SVS Vipers don't count, nether do Hennessey's although they're not as powefull anyway etc.

18. Re: Not the fastest in the world.

does almost 25mph faster make a diff? 276mph McLaren F2 (really its 23.7 mph faster)

19. Re: Not the fastest in the world.

I know exactley where you read that, and it's not true.

20. Re: Not the fastest in the world.

live4speed - how do you become a member of a car "club" thingy on sc.net?

21. Re: Not the fastest in the world.

2- It's not liek spam, really, just saying the something over and over again because the one saying it doesn't know anything more! haha!
    -------
    Give the Veyron Full-blown aftermarket treatment. Give it the largest blower, and maybe a 300-shot NOS. Then strip ALL its interior, take away all that LUXURY and all that weight. NOW you people can compare it to those aftermarket cars. DONE??? (probly it won't even need that nitro)

22. Re: Not the fastest in the world.

Just copy the line into your sig, it's just so you know who appreciates what cars.