Nothing but a Taxi with A Spoiler...

Discussion in '1995 HSV VS GTS-R' started by 104625, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Nothing but a Taxi with A Spoiler...

Right, racing heritage.....
    look, there is nothing special about winning the Ozzie supercar thingy. Lets see some decent competition. I know the Monaro, Torana etc. won heaps of races, but everytime another car came close to , or thrashed them, the rules were changed quick as, Nissan for example in 91/92.And, quite frankly, how often, if ever are you gonna fully exploit all the 215 kw? I ahve nothin against Holden's but it would be a change to see someone accept there can be better cars than these.

2. Re: Nothing but a Taxi with A Spoiler...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from supasupra</i>
    <b>Right, racing heritage.....
    look, there is nothing special about winning the Ozzie supercar thingy. Lets see some decent competition. I know the Monaro, Torana etc. won heaps of races, but everytime another car came close to , or thrashed them, the rules were changed quick as, Nissan for example in 91/92.And, quite frankly, how often, if ever are you gonna fully exploit all the 215 kw? I ahve nothin against Holden's but it would be a change to see someone accept there can be better cars than these. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->When do you exploit the full 215kw? When you reach 4800rpm...simple as that...
    <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Nothing but a Taxi with A Spoiler...

This car is a joke...<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Nothing but a Taxi with A Spoiler...

Funny seeing someone bragging about a Kit car manufacturer TVR
    bagging something from mainstream manufacturer

who do TVR prostitute themselves to these days to get engines?
    Ford ?
    Rover?

if u dont liek this car fair enough

remember it was done over 5 years ago
    tastes have moved on since then

its not to my personal taste either

5. Re: Nothing but a Taxi with A Spoiler...

Well tastes do change, but this car was panned for it's odd appearance back when it was released as well. The aero package is entirely non-funtional so what was the point? Image? YOu want flannel wearing bogan screaming at everone then that's your choice I suppose.

6. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from vk commo boy
    all you little ford homos have to learn, u just don't have what it takes. holden is absolutely raping u 100% of the time. we have the gen III 5.7 litre V8, and in the new maloo ute, a 6.2 galon 8 is being played round with. so now ur gonna have to play catch up even more. u just have to #$%# it, commodores will never wank to falcons, especially not with HSV and CSV bringing out absolute breasts all the time

fords r for #%$s who can't handle a real car, plain and simple

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from 104625

hahahha ur funny another typical holden 'hero'. Thats all you pansies talk about is ur genIII mockup. REMEMBER THiS, a car is more than just an engine it contains a chassis, some wheels, and a few other body parts etc. Now all these components work together to make the car move, but Holden seem to only have the engine work (with a huge helping hand from Chevy). However Ford seem to have a better ALL round package and have so for a long time. When the new model is released in Sept/Oct it will be better than the holden, we have seen a good preivew of what the engines can do in the mustang, 4.6l same power and approx Nm from a smaller engine. Now when tickford and the like get their hands on those cars jeez its gonna be good!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gen3? Ford is getting almost the same amount of power from a 5.4L that Holden (Or HSV)is getting from a 5.7L... But what Ford are we comparing this to exactly?