now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

Discussion in '2000 Mazda RX-7 Type RZ' started by Cobra R Stinger, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

DUDE your a retard <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

Now only if you would STFU!<!-- Signature -->

3. so far mazda is in the past when it comes to speed .

4. Re: now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

IT COULD TAKE IT ON AND BEAT IT!<!-- Signature -->

5. #5 1q2w3e, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

A rotor would kill it. Then when you want to go on about a Corvette Sledgehammer or some other tuned corvette and tuned rotory would STILL beat it.

www.pacperformance.com.au thats enough said on tuned rotory's, but i don't really like corvettes so im biased and as a former owner of an RX7 i've got fond memories of it.

6. Re: now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

(Pretends to be a Redneck in a Chevy)

"Hey Yall, I found my chevy in the dump.
    She Runs like a dream, I love to get on the freeway and make her squeal like a pig.
    Sometimes late at night when im all alone I like to pretend that I had me one of them fancy Japamaneese cars with none of them there pistons."

SHUT THE **** UP~!<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

YAH yOU HEARD hIM!!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

I own an RX7 and all of you know a Z06 would leave it in the dust in a drag race no problem why argue the point? let the americans have their straight line musclecars I like taking corners at high speed I bought an RX7 instead of a high powered american sports car because I prefer to be on the road not the ditch<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

nO VETT CAN RUN THIS CAR<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

Go for the Hi-flowed TO4, front mount, 3mm seals and some porting and see what wins! A rotory is the best engine along with an RB26 for tuning.

11. Re: now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

Yup Yup<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

hell ya ZO6 and acr could take the RX-7 if you added 400lbs.

13. Re: now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

lol, this is a pretty damn retarded post. A Z06 and an ACR would anally rape the RX-7, in straights and around corners. Im suprised how many people still buy into those classic "American cars wherent made to turn" stereotypes, they where true up until about 8 years ago.

14. Re: now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from turborotor</i>
    <b>I own an RX7 and all of you know a Z06 would leave it in the dust in a drag race no problem why argue the point? let the americans have their straight line musclecars I like taking corners at high speed I bought an RX7 instead of a high powered american sports car because I prefer to be on the road not the ditch</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. YOU DON'T THINK THAT A CORVETTE Z06 WILL RUN WITH A RX-7. THIS IS THE MOST UNBELIEVEABLE THING I HAVE EVER HEARD. A C5 COUPE WOULD SMOKE THE SHIT OUT OF A RX-7 IN A DRAG RACE. THERE ISN'T A CAR IN THIS WORLD THAT WILL OUT HANDLE A CORVETTE. THAT IS WHAT CORVETTES IS KNOWN FOR. JASDF;JL

15. Re: now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you guys think corvettes can turn? My friend tuned his corvette and we were driving it around some hills to test the preformance. It was ok at lower speeds but when my friend gunned it it was so unresponsive. Rx-7 will outhandle your Z06. In straightaways though Z06 could win. In really curvy roads rx-7 will win. Just depends on the driver.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

American cars are crap! ha ha ha ha... remove the gas guzzling V8s and V10 and what do you got? i'll tell you, nothing.

17. Re: now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

Does 1.0 g's mean anything to you ignoran "people". Because that is the skid pad of the vette z06 (2001) and the mustang cobra R. I don't know of any "stock" japanese cars, and very few european cars that can pull that kinda number anywhere. And you would probably agree that the M3 would beat, whell i got news for you, the z06 out performaned the M3 in every frickin event in this one car and driver comparo (though the m3 was rated higher but cause it had 2 extra seats). <!-- Signature -->

18. Re: now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

piece of advise the new rx-8 has 255 hp ....that doesnt sound outstanding at all.. check this out remember the turbos on the rx-7?? or any aspiration?.. well the rx-8 doesnt have any of those...is 255 non aspirated.. does that mean anything to us.. a 400 pund engine with 255 hp naturaly aspired.....

day of judgement : when japs decide to use v8 on ric3rs...ending of american sportscars as we know it.

capability on rotarys is way to high for pistons.. right the rx-7`s with 800 hp are runing low 7 `s secs 1/4<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

Mazda RX-7: $30,000
    Corvette Z06: $50,000
    Viper ACR: $80,000

HEY GUESS WHAT A MCLAREN F1 CAN SMOKE A z06 AND A VIPER ACR LOL IM SMARTE AND FASTAR THEN U.

NO, corvettes and vipers are not especially good handling cars. God I wish you could see a Lotus Elise Sport 190 race a z06/viper ACR and see how horribly incompetent the z06/viper looked in the turns.

20. Re: now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

Mazda RX-7: $30,000
    Corvette Z06: $50,000
    Viper ACR: $80,000

HEY GUESS WHAT A MCLAREN F1 CAN SMOKE A z06 AND A VIPER ACR LOL IM SMARTE AND FASTAR THEN U.

NO, corvettes and vipers are not especially good handling cars. God I wish you could see a Lotus Elise Sport 190 race a z06/viper ACR and see how horribly incompetent the z06/viper looked in the turns.

21. Re: now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

I think they proved it two years in a row at Le mans that corvette is king of the road and turbo's my oh my such a pitty you import tuners can't get anything out of a stock engine. I could beat any of your "PHatRides" with just one nicely tuned holly 850 carburater.

22. Re: now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

Now I'm not attacking this car, It looks amazing, however....

To those of you who are saying American sports cars can only drive in a line.....which American cars are you talking about, I'm sure you can't mean any of these....

Corvette Z06
    Mustang Cobra R
    Viper
    Saleen S7
    Callaway C12
    Mosler M900

And if you do, I take it you don't pay any attention to stats or races do you?

23. Re: now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

The only mazda that can outturn a z06 is the mp3

24. Re: now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

ODIN, It is true that an Rx-7 isn't all that impressive stock, but that doesn't label all imports like that. I'm not attacking American cars, but take a quick peek at the Lotec Sirius. Maybe you'll see what i'm talking about.

25. Re: now only if it could take on the Z06 and the ACR

a 1992 RX-7 pops around 4.9 0-60. A 1992 corvette was about 5.2 0-60.

A 1306cc rotary can make up to 1000hp without NOx or methanol. Some RX-7 drag cars run low 7s, lots of street driven cars run 9s or below.
    If that doesn't convince you of how fast rotangs are let me tell you a story:
    ok I was in my vette-eating skyline GT-R (to give you some idea I have 650hp and about 500lb ft of torque) crusing at a lesuriely 250kph (150mph) using only 15psi of the 30psi I can run and something black blasts past me like i'm standing still. It was a RX-7 infact the mystery 'black bat' that the owner reveals little about. This car must have been brushing past 210-220mph on a regular highway.
    I realise my $40,000 had bought me the wrong car......